Best 4a& 5a teams

volman09

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say there's merit to Ravenwood being beaten by 3 other 5A teams and then questioning if they might not be the best team in 5A. Maybe they are, but with 3 5A losses it's debatable.

It's not how you start the season but how you finish the season.

Here's an example:

The Indianapolis Colts were the best team in 2005—2006 regular season. The Colts finished the season 14-2. They won 13 in a row and secure the top seed in the AFC before cutting back in the last three games. The two losses were against playoff bound teams, San Diego & Seattle.

On the other hand Pittsburgh Steelers were 7-5 and lost three straight games before finishing the season with four straight wins. Pittsburg was able to secure the last seed in the Wild Card playoff game. Pittsburg played on the road against Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and Denver to reach the Super Bowl. Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl against Seattle.

You can take this same logical example and apply it to the TSSAA playoffs. Is there any doubt Pittsburg was the best team in the NFL last year? NO!

During the season, the Colts were the best, but when it counted in the end, it was Pittsburg. Again, it’s not how you start but how you finish.

Raptors, leave no doubt who is the best team in 5A. WIN!

Edited by rapbwood

Ok this might stir up some arguments i know, but in 4A and 5A regardless of what has happened in the playoffs what are yalls top 10 picks in 4A and 5A and top ten period of both classifications combined? Mine are

4A

1. Maryville 2. Hillboro 3. RedBank 4. Morrison Town West 5. Sullivan South 6. Rhea County 7. Cleveland 8. Henry County 9. Fairley 10. Clarksville

-Okay i beleive my top 4 or 5 are where they are supposed to be but after that im not too familiar with the teams!! what do you all think??

5A

1. Smryna 2. Ooltewah 3. Riverdale 4. Dobyns-Bennett 5. Ravenwood 5. White Station 6. Ridgeway 7. William Blount 8. Gallatin 9. Sevier 10. Woodale

-Okay i put Smryna in front of Ooltewah because i do have their repsect for beating us even though i said regardless of the playoffs, but in my eyes the state championship game was played lasy friday in Smryna anyone agree??

- Riverdale and Dobyns-Bennett was a tough to decide for me but Riverdale has more respect comming from me so i put them in from but others will see different probably??? They are both better than Ravenwood, but best of luck to Ravenwood next week!!

- Guys and girls take a look and go ahead and start the bashing!!!!

1. Maryville 2. Hillboro 3. RedBank 4. Morrison Town West 5. Sullivan South 6. Rhea County 7. Cleveland 8. Henry County 9. Fairley 10. Clarksville

Just kinda off topic here.........but didnt Clevland get killed by knox west in tha 1st round of the 4A playoff race.. like 35 to 7 or sumethin like that????...j/w :thumb:

Just kinda off topic here.........but didnt Clevland get killed by knox west in tha 1st round of the 4A playoff race.. like 35 to 7 or sumethin like that????...j/w :thumb:

Yes they did sorry i am not too familiar with 4a this year but i was hoping i got other peoples picks on here to help me out a little bit but thats not happening, the only thing i got from this topic is that the further you make it in the playoffs means you are better than the teams that didnt make it as far which isnt true at ALL

Mairvul

Red Bank

Hillsboro

Knox Central

Mo West

lol...true.. u cant tell me a brainard team..(4-6) that played marvul down 2 tha wire isnt better than a MoWest..(12-1) or a RB..(11-1)..some team just bring their A games on different nights....... :)

AS always go Rebles...(Knox West)..lol :o

Edited by KnoxWest#63

Alright fellas take a look at my new top ten!!!

1. Ravenwood 10. Dobyns-Bennett

2. Smyrna

3. Ooltewah

4. Whitestation

5. Hunterslane

6. Riverdale

7. William Blount

8. Farragut

9. Gallatin

So what do yall think???

Ravenwood had their shot and lost. Its crazy to put the loser of the state championship at top above the winner.

Farragut beat Wm Blount twice.

Its an insult to the playoff system to put DB in any poll (other than preseason).They have beat up on Upper ET teams from their region and then lost 1st round 3 of last 6 seasons.

Edited by 3

Ravenwood had their shot and lost. Its crazy to put the loser of the state championship at top above the winner.

Farragut beat Wm Blount twice.

Its an insult to the playoff system to put DB in any poll (other than preseason).They have beat up on Upper ET teams from their region and then lost 1st round 3 of last 6 seasons.

LoL 3 out of the last 6??? hahaha where did you get six from? I guess your talking about this year nd last year which there are your 1st 2 in the 1st round when was the other 2001 it had to of been because they got beat by Red Bank the year before that in 2000 in the semi finals and if it was before 2001 you would have said something like 3 out of the past four seasons or something.. I really do not know but what is there overrall record in the playoffs?? or the past 15 to 20 years how many times have they been put out the 1st round??

i HONESTLY think that DB is better than #10 just to be honest with you

LoL 3 out of the last 6??? hahaha where did you get six from? I guess your talking about this year nd last year which there are your 1st 2 in the 1st round when was the other 2001 it had to of been because they got beat by Red Bank the year before that in 2000 in the semi finals and if it was before 2001 you would have said something like 3 out of the past four seasons or something.. I really do not know but what is there overrall record in the playoffs?? or the past 15 to 20 years how many times have they been put out the 1st round??

i HONESTLY think that DB is better than #10 just to be honest with you

2001 1st round loss to Wm Blount

2002 ------

2003 ------

2004 ------

2005 1st round loss to Ooltewah

2006 1st round loss to Wm Blount

looks pretty close to 3 of the last 6.

2001 1st round loss to Wm Blount

2002 ------

2003 ------

2004 ------

2005 1st round loss to Ooltewah

2006 1st round loss to Wm Blount

looks pretty close to 3 of the last 6.

Ya i wasnt saying that it wasnt true, but what i am saying is why did you decide to just go back six years? Give me some information about the last 10 or 15 years see what they look like then!

Ya i wasnt saying that it wasnt true, but what i am saying is why did you decide to just go back six years? Give me some information about the last 10 or 15 years see what they look like then!

"i HONESTLY think that DB is better than #10 just to be honest with you"

You're a hoot! DB is the best preseason pick in the state. But, postseason is truly another story.

5A football in Tennessee has slipped since Riverdale's run. Melrose, Hillsboro, Maryville and even Alcoa have looked much more athletic, with speed and skill and coaching than the 5A game (championship) for 2 years running. All this during a time DB can't do anything but watch.

It turns out the worst thing to happen to DB football is the playoff system. No state-wins on the field ever for them.

Edited by 3