Matman Rankings #2

Hamm

I just feel like these kids are almost the Notre Dame of the class. They dont have to beat anyone but because everyone has heard of them they get ranked. Again I know many kids with better middle school records than them and who on the same national team as them did much better but because they dont have people talking them up they dont get noticed.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just feel like these kids are almost the Notre Dame of the class. They dont have to beat anyone but because everyone has heard of them they get ranked. Again I know many kids with better middle school records than them and who on the same national team as them did much better but because they dont have people talking them up they dont get noticed.

Hang on there tadpole, I'm assuming you are talking about the Irish of South Bend and not the Vermont Ave Irish. As you stated the rankings are just for fun, so simmer down, it all works out.

bcb

Edited by bear cat brown

Can't we all just get along?

Lucas, just be thankful that Hamm and Cocah Bray take time to put the information they can get their hands on together to fill out a list of rankings. When I wrestled we didn't have such a blessing. I would have loved it. Be realistic about it the magnitude of what the rankings mean and don't take them personally. Besides you keep saying that there are others who deserve it more. Why do they deserve it? All of these kids work hard or they wouldn't have generated enough success to even be considered for the rankings. We all know how physically and mentally demanding the sport is. Just because they have wrestled longer doesn't mean they're better.

Keep up the good work Hamm.

lucas SHUT UP.... man idk why u want to talk crap. hamm and coach bray take time out of there busy lives to do this. this is dumb you want to say srap bout there rankings. ITS THE FIRST WEEK OF THE SEASON........ shut UP!! and yes i think brett deserves to be ranked. i personally wrestled him and i was a state qualifer and he is actually pretty good. ok.. he knows his stuff and proably will place at state. i know he is a freshmen yes but it doesnt matter he proably could beat u anyways....... so shut up :lol:

Not true. There are select true freshmen that are ranked this year and in years past. Can we say names like D. Schlatter, Mocco, Matt Couglin (last year and this year), Max Askren, and Louis Caputo. This is just to name a few. These guys were ranked in NCAA before any open tournaments or any time before they ever stepped on a mat in live action.

Hamm

Being an avid follower of college wrestling I agreed with Dragon Fly on his assesment of ranking freshmen this early. Then I saw your comment of how they do rank freshmen. It puzzled me. I just looked at my Oct 12 issue of Amateur Wrestling News and on page 16 it states , AWN will continue their policy of not ranking freshmen or junior college transfers in the initial rankings.

I guess Dragon Fly was right. I to remember the Moco's and Schlatter's and they weren't ranked at the beginning either until they actually defeated caliber wrestlers. I do thank you for the time you put into the rankings and hope you continue.