Clarksville Schools

Rade Butcher

Outside of Clarksville HS why are they so weak. Kenwood has talent but gets killed by country boy Livingston. Northeast can't win and outside of the Maybin years Northwest couldn't win an intersquad scrimmage. Rossview is horrible as well. What gives? Coaching? Speaking of Clarksville really when was their last trip to MC? They just don't seem to get there.

Edited by Rade Butcher

as far as your knowledge of the clarksville area and also basketball it speaks for itself. Clarksville is a good basketball area and has a lot of good prospects. I dont know where you are from and what type of ball you watch but obviously its not a good brand of it. Clarksville is a little ahead of the pack but Northeast, Northwest, and Kenwood all have a good team and cant beat a lot of teams who are good.. just watch and dont speak your mind.. the state of tennessee is better off without it.

Well, for one I think the Clarksville schools are competitive. Clarksville HS has been the most consistent at competiting at a state or substate level. But you have to look at the fact that there are alot of schools in this city which spreads out most of the talent. Northeast, Northwest, and Kenwood are all within a 5-7 mile radius which seems crazy.

I think people would agree that Clarksville schools have held thier own and been competitive.

It's ironic... because I logged on CoachT tonight to see if there were any threads about about Clarksville High. They played David Lipscomb last night. Mind you Lipscomb was missing a bunch of players due to the state championship in football, and was soundly beat. I, however, have never been so impressed by the CLASS of a basketball team. They could have easily dunked the ball six of seven times, and never did. They showed by their VERY HIGH lay-ups that they could, but never stooped to that level on an away court. This team has incredible talent. I'd be nervous if I was going to have to face them this year. They remind me of the CHS teams in the early 80's... Ted Young has one talented bunch of players, and he has coached them to be very disciplined, patient, and most importantly he has taught them the true meaning of sportsmanship. The game was very close the first half. Not ONCE did I see mouthing, chest pumping, or any type of the behavior you would expect from boys this age. I have never seen a college or NBA team with so much class. Kudos to Clarksville High!!! I hope they are allowed to get a little fired up on their home court. I hope I have the opportunity to see them play again this year. Clarksville High has graduated some premier players that went on to NCAA and NBA fame (Sean Marion, Trenton Hassel). The state championship has alluded them. I think with the talented group they have this year, and outstanding and disciplined Vanderbilt alum Ted Young at the helm...this might be there year. Go WILDCATS!!!!

Well, for one I think the Clarksville schools are competitive. Clarksville HS has been the most consistent at competiting at a state or substate level. But you have to look at the fact that there are alot of schools in this city which spreads out most of the talent. Northeast, Northwest, and Kenwood are all within a 5-7 mile radius which seems crazy.

I think people would agree that Clarksville schools have held thier own and been competitive.

When was the last time Kenwood made it to a regional final or even a semifinal for that matter? What happened to Howard Jackson?

Howard Jackson?? Rade butcher you must not have been in touch with clarksville basketball in 5 or 6 years! thats how long its been since jackson has departed and as for the competition... tnbball makes the best point that most of the talent is spread through out the schools because there are so many in such a small area.

I knew he was gone. just wondered where to. imho I believe the Clarksville basketball scene with the exception of CHS needs a major enema......clean em out. Why is a good coach like Johnny Jackson coaching girls at Rossview?