Maryville playing out of the state

chief15

Maryville don't play any D1-5A powerhouses or DII-3A in state now. Want to find out how good Maryville really is? Go play with the in-state powerhouse for a couple of years then if Maryville is really good, then schedule Lakeland, FL or Xavier, OH.

You don't have to go to Texas or California, the top US teams are in Flordia, Georgia, and Ohio.

FL, GA, Ohio are good and I know what PAPPA is talking about when it comes to wanting to shut people up about TX. These people get on MY NERVES so bad about how great TX is but the one thing I do agree with them is their high school football. It is simply the best right now and believe you me if a little ole school from TENNESSEE would come over just once (it dont have to take away from their school or anything it could be like a long field trip for just a couple of days nothing big) and kick their butts they would stand up and take notice of our football.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

FL, GA, Ohio are good and I know what PAPPA is talking about when it comes to wanting to shut people up about TX. These people get on MY NERVES so bad about how great TX is but the one thing I do agree with them is their high school football. It is simply the best right now and believe you me if a little ole school from TENNESSEE would come over just once (it dont have to take away from their school or anything it could be like a long field trip for just a couple of days nothing big) and kick their butts they would stand up and take notice of our football.

I was in Texas on business awhile back and saw some of those stadiums you are talking about. It's clear that they take their football seriously. I would guess that Blount Co. probably has some of the best draws in TN football. The Maryville/Alcoa game, Maryville/WM Blount game and WM/Blount Heritage game always bring out a crowd. The biggest crowd I've ever seen at a high school game was Maryville and Red Bank a few years ago when Gerald Riggs Jr. came to the Skeeter. I think there were about 12,000 there that night. Friday night there were about 10,000 in attendance. I know WB has had to bring in extra seating a time or two and if Govman or ETcoach are around they could probably tell us how many people that stadium can hold without the extra bleachers.

I would have liked to stay and see one of those high school teams play when I was in Texas, but honestly it's not worth it to me. I hope I never have to go back there.