District 9AA

PGwithnoPT

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give my rankings for before serious district play starts next month.

1. Lipscomb

2. Pearl Cohn

3a. FRA

3b. CPA

Can't really decide between them right now. Gonna have to wait till they play each other January 5th at CPA.

5. MLK

6. Hume Fogg

7. Ezell

Those are pretty good rankings. Lipscomb has to be the favorite right now, especially with that trio of scorers. I haven't seen Pearl-Cohn play yet, but from what I've heard, they could be the most talented team in 9AA. I'd put CPA ahead of FRA right now, considering that FRA has not dominated its competition they way CPA has (and they've played a lot of the same teams thus far). The bottom three are accurate as of now. Let me say this: I think this district is one of, if not the, best in AA.

You say that this is one of the best if not the best in AA.....and it was even better last year. They swept the Region but ran into two Big Time Teams in Liberty Tech and Bolivar.....I don't know about your rankings, because MLK beat CPA real bad and I know CPA didn't have Zeke, but MLK put it on them even though they are a one man team.

You say that this is one of the best if not the best in AA.....and it was even better last year. They swept the Region but ran into two Big Time Teams in Liberty Tech and Bolivar.....I don't know about your rankings, because MLK beat CPA real bad and I know CPA didn't have Zeke, but MLK put it on them even though they are a one man team.

When you are missing one of your best players and by far your best big man, it's pretty hard to contend with an athletic team like MLK. And being a one-man team, I can't trust MLK to be a good team above the others. Because if Gerald has a bad game or gets in foul trouble, then they are absolutely screwed.

I agree, CPA is a totally different team w/o 'Z'. He brings so much to the table that the MLK win w/o him is a bit hollow. I watched CPA DESTROY an overwhelmed Goodpasture team the other night. Zeke was the reason. Without him CPA would still probably beat GP, but it would be MUCH more competitive.

No one can compete with Liberty or Bolivar, so lets give 9AA it's props without bringing them up.

One 9AA team will go to state. Liberty Tech will win, then we can talk about next year.

Hume Fogg is good. Mark this down they will ruin someones year come districts.

I didn't see FRA this weekend, but I heard they needed a massive attitude adjustment at halftime to win games against a both a poor Goodpasture team and a mediocre DCA team. They need to be tougher and more consistent to compete in 9AA.

Even Ezell is getting better.

9AA is the best soap opera in Mid-Tenn hoops and deserves some attention to be sure.

All that said, I still think Lipscomb wins this district easy.

I didn't see FRA this weekend, but I heard they needed a massive attitude adjustment at halftime to win games against a both a poor Goodpasture team and a mediocre DCA team. They need to be tougher and more consistent to compete in 9AA.

Both games they needed serious halftime adjustments. Outscored Goodpasture 20-2 in the 3rd quarter to make it a blowout and outscored DCA like 40-21 in the 2nd half to beat them. They are a great 2nd half team, but they definitely need to play better in the 1st half if they want to compete with DL.

Has anyone here seen Pearl Cohn play? I know about Rashad Mason in the post, but I basically have no knowledge of the other players on their team. If someone could give a scouting report on them or something, I would appreciate it.

I wouldnt say that they are the most talented team in the district but they are up there. Yes they have Rashad Mason in the post but besides him, they dont have a consistent second leading scorer. The little point guard(JoJo??) does nothing but shoot 3s, and juniors like Wayne Cox and Deaunte Mason have a bit of a mid range game. The thing that kept them in games last year and will keep them in games this year is hustle and rebounds on the offensive end. They crash the boards with the best of teams. They really dont run plays either. They seem to just be out there playing. If u have a decent team with a motion offense and can rebound very good offensively and defensively, this team can be beat with no problem.

i believe rashad may tear off multiple rims this year :thumb: no joke though

with the press they use he has a chance. he is on the inbounder on their press and off of rebounds or turnovers he is usually the first down court for easy baskets. he had 3 breakaway dunks against hume fogg with no hume fogg player across half court