Livingston Academy's Chase Dunn

scrubadubdub

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen dunn play this summer 3 or 4 times and i seen him play loudon, he's got a lot of heart but when they played White House @ the Siegel play day about 3 weeks ago barnes from white house totally shut him down, he didn't even have a shot attempt in the 1st half.

Way to be positive Ben. We all know that he doesn't even compete with anyone on White House's team. We all know how good you think White House is. You mentioned after the Siegel playday that he didn't attempt a shot in the first half against White House in a preseason scrimmage because one of your players played such great defense. I've heard he did have 10 in the second half of that game. Is it possible for you to be unbiased? Chase does have a lot of heart, but I think most people would agree that he's a great talent for a 5'8 sophomore.

I love watching Dunn play, he is a great talent, probably the 2nd best sophomore around besides Jenkins from Station Camp, but I'm just stating the facts here partner, and yes he did have 10 in the 2nd half but WHEN BARNES GUARDED HIM HE COULDN't get a shot off so sorry for telling you what happened in the game. maybe i should've said he had 64 like robinson, but yes White House is good, get over it (6-1) and you know like I do Livingston wants no part of White House for the next 2 years, ask yalls coach he will tell you. All I remember was him screaming at the top of his lungs at yalls players when we played yall down at siegel.

I love watching Dunn play, he is a great talent, probably the 2nd best sophomore around besides Jenkins from Station Camp, but I'm just stating the facts here partner, and yes he did have 10 in the 2nd half but WHEN BARNES GUARDED HIM HE COULDN't get a shot off so sorry for telling you what happened in the game. maybe i should've said he had 64 like robinson, but yes White House is good, get over it (6-1) and you know like I do Livingston wants no part of White House for the next 2 years, ask yalls coach he will tell you. All I remember was him screaming at the top of his lungs at yalls players when we played yall down at siegel.

Okay, I guess you cant be unbiased. I agree that White House has a good team, but I think you are reading a little much into the preseason scrimmage at Siegel. If I know anything about LA's coach he'll back down from no one. If White House is that good, he'd probably love to play them. He's already played Antioch, Independence, Kenwood, and Cookeville. That's a pretty tough schedule early on. None of this talking will matter later on anyway. What will matter is what happens in the postseason.

If LA's coach was yelling at his players, it had nothing to do with White House. He wants the best out of his players all the time and he probably wasn't getting it that day. Good luck to White House and LA. Maybe they'll meet later on. With LA having one senior and two juniors, I wouldnt count them out for the next two years either.

Yes Dunn is a fine talent and should be recognized when everything is said and done. But as a fan of LA sports I would hope that his main focus would be on York this tuesday and not how many points he scores or that LA will be a state contender next year. Let's play this season first... better yet let's get focused for what he needs to do at York. They may have a player that keeps him from shooting like WH did. Is he going to try and force shots b/c he wants to be the leading scorer. He should use his talents elsewhere like trying to get the ball inside to Ramsey and Co. and playing defense. Let the game come to him should be his focus and he should not try to force anything. If he's hot one night then have at it... shoot till his heart's desire. If a team tries to shut him down then help the team in the other ways I mentioned. I had rather be recognized as the complete player that helped my team win than be the all time scorer that just wanted to make himself look good.

I listened to the Cookeville game the other night and LA pulled away by 20 and then next thing you know the Cavs cut it to 9. Sounded like Dunn and I'm not sure who else came down and fired up a useless 3 a time or two and missed and gave the Cavs a chance to get closer. That's what I'm talking about when a player is trying to blow a team out even more or trying to pad their stats will usually come back and bite you. Good thing coach pulled them out or LA could have lost that game. That should be a good lesson learned. There's no reason what so ever to come down 20 up and start flinging the trey. wWork some clock make the other team commit some fouls. Make them make the mistakes.

Edited by Rocking Chair

Rocking chair and Wingman both make some good points. I think he knows he's just one of a lot of talent on LA's team.

I sure hope so b/c this thread you started puts all the attention on him. IMO the thread should have read ....Wildcats off to a solid start. Dunn like I said is a very talented player but he is part of a team. Like a spoke in a wheel. Try not to seperate him from the team.

If he just plays his role and does his job then I'm sure he will be noticed by his peers and well as the media. :thumb:

Edited by Rocking Chair

I sure hope so b/c this thread you started puts all the attention on him. IMO the thread should have read ....Wildcats off to a solid start. Dunn like I said is a very talented player but he is part of a team. Like a spoke in a wheel. Try not to seperate him from the team.

If he just plays his role and does his job then I'm sure he will be noticed by his peers and well as the media. :thumb:

He got noticed last year by alot of people. I think he could be the alltime scoring leader at LA the way he is going. He sure is exciting to watch!

Wildcat 1970

Edited by Wildcat 1970