East Tennessee Domination

a-town1408

Knox Powell beat McCallie in '05 (to my best recall). McCallie won this year I know, but I DO KNOW ALCOA BEAT MCCALLIE THE LAST TWO YEARS. McCallie is year in and out one of the top 3-4 in D2-3a private football.

I was saying Knox Powell is very avg and still beat one of the state's top private teams. McCallie is a better program no doubt. Point is at the top, East Tenn is better. Alcoa, Fulton and Maryville to me this year was better than the 5-a champ.

You are entitled to your opinion, but what do you have to say about the numbers that both myself and rollredroll put up earlier in this thread?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are entitled to your opinion, but what do you have to say about the numbers that both myself and rollredroll put up earlier in this thread?

I didn't read them. Middle TN has some good FB, no doubt, possibly more depth than East. Maryville is top program in whole state, has there been anyone in the last 30 years done what they have done over the last ten years??? Alcoa has won three straight titles and looks to possibly win 2-3 more straight. Fulton won three of last four titles in 3-a. That's why I say East is better is b/c those three. The last five years no one single team in Middle or West TN has accomplished what those three schools from the East has (agree or disagree?).

I know in 3-a since 2001 the state champion has come out of one region (the region w/ Knox Fulton '02, '03, '04, '06, Austin East '01, Livingston Academy '05, Knox Catholic - was 2nd best team in 3-a this year for sure). All them play in same region.

Name the top 8 teams in the state (not counting classification) and see who has the most teams. East, Middle West

I know you'd have to have Fulton, Alcoa, Knox Catholic & Maryville in there. D.B., Ooltewah, Knox Webb & McCallie all would have to at least be considered. All from East TN. I think this is the best way to look at it (as far as which has best football).

Name the top 8 teams in the state (not counting classification) and see who has the most teams. East, Middle West

I know you'd have to have Fulton, Alcoa, Knox Catholic & Maryville in there. D.B., Ooltewah, Knox Webb & McCallie all would have to at least be considered. All from East TN. I think this is the best way to look at it (as far as which has best football).

This has all been discussed already in this thread. Check out the all the posts on here.

You're stuck on classes 2,3, and 4 which is impressive no doubt, but there are 4 other classes in Tennessee. I'm surprised you've not mentioned Knox Webb yet. When was the last time a 5A team from East Tennessee won it all? Or 1A? Or II-AAA? Or II-A?

I'd say the top 8 teams are the ones that won state championships. If you were a sports writer you could argue that D-B was one of the top teams.

You're stuck on classes 2,3, and 4 which is impressive no doubt, but there are 4 other classes in Tennessee. I'm surprised you've not mentioned Knox Webb yet. When was the last time a 5A team from East Tennessee won it all? Or 1A? Or II-AAA? Or II-A?

I don't even think there is any 1a or DII-A school in East TN. I'll agree the 5-a schools in the East hasn't won the titles lately. I think there is too many classifications in Tenn, the state isn't that big.

My point is East has the best programs at the top. Football's best five classification's in this state is 2a thru 5a and DII-3a. Out of those five classes East has the three VERY best programs in there classes 2a - 3a & 4a and arguably this year the top three teams in the entire state was Maryville, Fulton & Alcoa in that order. So I think that says alot for East...

Former Riverdale Coach Gary Rankin said that Maryville and Fulton were the two best teams in Murfreesboro a couple weeks ago.

I'd say the top 8 teams are the ones that won state championships. If you were a sports writer you could argue that D-B was one of the top teams.

You can't believe that. I watched the 1a title game, there is no way you could even think either of those teams are in the top 30 teams in the state. I can think of 30 teams in East TN alone that would have beat those two. I'd have to imagine that the DII-1a title game couldn't have been much better.

No direspect to Knox Webb, I think they do a good job and had a good season but they were about the 5th or 6th best team in East TN. They have a thing out of Knoxville (prep xtra) that ranks the teams in East TN only throughout the season (no classifications are used) and Webb was somewhere around 5 or 6 I believe and they won the state in the DII-2a division.

I personally don't see how you can crown someone a STATE CHAMPION when there is less than 50 teams in that classification across the state. That's almost as close as calling a youth baseball team World Series Champs when all the participating teams came from the same state. Bottom line, there is TOO many classifications in this state.

Bottom line East has three of the best 5 teams in the state this year hands down. That's my opinion and why I think East is best football in state.

Your opinion is based on nothing more than your gut feeling about this year, and a total disregard of the facts rollredroll laid out, or any other postings. But that's okay, opinions don't have to be intelligent. It just helps your argument if they are.

All I'm saying is in 2a, 3a & 4a East dominates, right or wrong? There is no d2-3a team in the East (except the Chatt schools) so its kinda hard for East to be competitive in a division where there isn't any teams, correct? To me only five classifications matter in this state 2a - 3a - 4a - 5a and DII 3a. East OWNS three of them. Fulton, Alcoa & Maryville have been winning titles the last few years, not just this year, 1a is awful football (you can't even count it (as is D2 1a). With that analogy wouldn't you think East dominates?

You seriously don't think 1a is good football do you?

All I'm saying is in 2a, 3a & 4a East dominates, right or wrong? There is no d2-3a team in the East (except the Chatt schools) so its kinda hard for East to be competitive in a division where there isn't any teams, correct? To me only five classifications matter in this state 2a - 3a - 4a - 5a and DII 3a. East OWNS three of them. Fulton, Alcoa & Maryville have been winning titles the last few years, not just this year, 1a is awful football (you can't even count it (as is D2 1a). With that analogy wouldn't you think East dominates?

You seriously don't think 1a is good football do you?

By using your logic I could say 5A is the class that matters and then middle Tennessee is dominate.

By using your logic I could say 5A is the class that matters and then middle Tennessee is dominate.

Not true b/c 2-a Alcoa can play w/ any team in the state. 3-a Fulton can play w/ any team in the state. 4-a Maryville is best team in state (surely you don't disagree w/ that one?). All I'm saying is simple, 1a fb is very weak, d2-1a fb is very weak. (Isn't there less than 30 schools that even compete in d2-1a?). All I'm saying is the only classes that matter are 2a thru 5a and DII-3a (at the top any class can play w/ the other ones in those divisions). That's a total of five classes according to my math, three of those divisions are DOMINATED EVERY YEAR by East teams (right or wrong????) so if 60% of the classes are dominated by East teams wouldn't you say East is better than rest? How could you not agree w/ that. Don't get me wrong middle tn has some good football, but no one who is dominating like Fulton, alcoa or Maryville right now.

1-a title team would lose by 5+ TD's to any of the other champs 2-a thru 5a. You can't count 1-a fb, I'm sorry, that'd be like comparing a DIII college team to a DI college team. People just don't do that.