CENTENNIAL VS. FRANKLIN

CHS 2007

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right two home wins against page and marshall county is pretty impressive. haha

i merely just made that statement to show that you cant predict a score from stats

look at the titans vs colts game for instance

or ucla vs usc

you just cant predict these things unless its something like the #1 team vs. #340

its not possible

it might come out that way but its never a for sure thing

still no word on stroop

i merely just made that statement to show that you cant predict a score from stats

or ucla vs usc

you just cant predict these things unless its something like the #1 team vs. #340

its not possible

still no word on stroop

Well said, although I think I made that same statement on a Centennial football post.

If Stroop does indeed play Friday, this will give us yet another big man down low. He plays a style similar to that of Derek Batt, good down low and from the field. I know he's a good offensive threat (led his region in scoring last year). I don't know much about his defensive play, but hopefully this should give us a bigger guy that can help close the open space and tighten things up.

or ucla vs usc

its not possible

still no word on stroop

So you just have to wing it and predict by gut feeling?

Anyone who thinks Drew Kelly is overrated has never seen him play....

UMRebel, first off, who is Thompson? (I think maybe you meant Harris) Second of all, you're right about Centennial's defense. They seem to do well against the bigger teams, but going against a team with more athleticism and a good outside game, they tend to get outplayed. Look at the Indy game, absolutely shut down Luttrell and Eddington, but Farris and Kuchar got hot from the field. Last night, we were giving Hillsboro too much room. Franklin is going to be tough because they have big guys who can go in low as well as shoot the ball from the outside. That's why Centennial needs to pressure Franklin all night, run the fullcourt press, give the Franklin guys absolutely no room to make a move. They're playing inconsistent ball right now, so the defense is gonna be the factor for us.

And inappropiate, yes this is a pretty big rivalry, some consider it the biggest in the county.

Well, I tend to agree that FHS is playing a bit inconsistent. But Siske had a big game on Tuesday. He needed a confidence builder like that game.

I also agree that CHS will need to pressure Franklin all night defensively to have a shot at beating them. But in the last 4 years that I've watched CHS & FHS play, I have rarely seen that type of defensive intensity from CHS.

And yes, this is a pretty good cross-town rivalry. There have been several very close games won by both teams. I don't think that it's a Brentwood type thing (i.e. the team that most everyone loves to hate) but it's more of a bragging rights thing. In recent years, several players from each hoops team have run in the same circle socially and played on some of the same AAU teams together. So I think that there has been mutual respect from the player's perspective.

But you can expect plenty of bantering back & forth from each student section. I believe a CHS student was kicked out @ their gym last year for shooting a bird in our direction. And I believe an air horn was blown in our section but the cops didn't find it.

Sooo, it ought to be exciting. I hope it's a good game. But I still believe that FHS will prevail by 10+ points. :lol:

well the cops at centennial haven't really done much to keep the crowds from ie flipping the bird or shooting off air horns

its pretty easy going here

kinda like independence where the cops were laughing at the bantering back and forth

but thats not to give you permission to let you bring air horns cuz we'll get ticked

So you just have to wing it and predict by gut feeling?

some stats can be used but its not gonna be an acurate prediction with out using personal guesses

i believe i know who you are and you know who i am so you know how i work

also

drew kelly dropped 36 pts vs hillsboro

7 more pts and he ties cardens single game scoring record for centennial

he'll break it b4 he leaves centennial and he's got 2 and 2/3rds years to do it

Edited by zoosee12

So tomorrows the big game. Big pep rally, followed by a tailgate (sort of) in the gym lobby. Should be an exciting day with an even moe exciting game to follow. I hope everyone from both sides is getting pumped for this. I know I am.

Basically, this game is too close to call. Franklin's got the better all around players. But you just can't count out Centennial. We are playing iconsistent, so hopefully we'll be on a high when we play. Kelly is the real deal, and I'll ask anyone who disagrees to go see the game and then tell me what they think. Just want to wish good luck to both teams and we'll se you in Cougar Country tomorrow night.

If they did win, it was before I was following the team.

So what you are really saying, CHS has never beaten FHS since you have been following the team for the last 3 or 4 years. That really puts you way up there as following this program. I was there when the school started so you are telling us that when we were there, it really didn't matter because YOU weren't following the team? What a JOKE!

Good luck to both teams on Friday night.

So what you are really saying, CHS has never beaten FHS since you have been following the team for the last 3 or 4 years. That really puts you way up there as following this program. I was there when the school started so you are telling us that when we were there, it really didn't matter because YOU weren't following the team? What a JOKE!

No, it means I've never seen them win. And if you actually read the other posts, you'll notice that I was accidentally thinking of the girls team before last year, all that "first team to beat Franklin" talk that was going around.