CENTENNIAL VS. FRANKLIN

CHS 2007

Anyone know if Channel 3 taped this game and when it is going to be replayed. Seems like their might be some confusion on defense run by CHS and wether the turnovers were CHS poor execution or Pressure from FHS. My experience would tend to believe that pressure defense caused CHS issues, particularly if they had demonstrated better execution going into the game - which their record indicated.

Edited by faninthestand

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As promised, here are the stats for the game.

FRANKLIN 68

Gabe Glass 18 pts

Derek Batt 13 pts

Michael Young 10 pts

Deontrey Siske 9 pts

Brett Henry 6 pts

Kevin Kegarise 5 pts

Ryan Glover 5 pts

Daniel Campbell 2 pts

CENTENNIAL 51

Drew Kelly 19 pts

Allante McLemore 11 pts

Lamont Harris 10 pts

Chaz Scales 5 pts

Patrick Byrd 2 pts

Mark McFarland 2 pts

Ty Jones 2 pts

These are unofficial.

Edited by CHS 2007

Anyone know if Channel 3 taped this game and when it is going to be replayed. Seems like their might be some confusion on defense run by CHS and wether the turnovers were CHS poor execution or Pressure from FHS. My experience would tend to believe that pressure defense caused CHS issues, particularly if they had demonstrated better execution going into the game - which their record indicated.

Channel 3 was there and the game will begin air sometime today.

Ill help you out, Centennial played man to man much of the night. Did not play much zone and if they did it was very little.

Franklin won because they played good defense and pressured the ball and forced CHS to commit turnover after turnover. They controlled the paint and forced kelly and harris to play along the permimeter to much. Franklin was quick with there passes and they way they shot the ball was impressive.

CHS lost because they couldnt handle the pressure. Turnovers killed them, very sloppy in protecting the ball. Defense was not to hot, did not play as quick as I expected. CHS was not very effective in the paint, was not able to get it inside as much as past games and franklin forced them to play along the 3-point arc.

Now we wait for game 2 in Jan.

Ill help you out, Centennial played man to man much of the night. Did not play much zone and if they did it was very little.

Franklin won because they played good defense and pressured the ball and forced CHS to commit turnover after turnover. They controlled the paint and forced kelly and harris to play along the permimeter to much. Franklin was quick with there passes and they way they shot the ball was impressive.

CHS lost because they couldnt handle the pressure. Turnovers killed them, very sloppy in protecting the ball. Defense was not to hot, did not play as quick as I expected. CHS was not very effective in the paint, was not able to get it inside as much as past games and franklin forced them to play along the 3-point arc.

Now we wait for game 2 in Jan.

I only have time to post this, then I gotta go.

I like your assesment of the game, it is pretty accurate.

We got an education last night. We did play man the whole game, It looked like a zone at times because all we did was stand around. We do have a pretty good zone, but you really can't go to a zone when you get down as quick as we did, the offense will just stand back and laugh at us. I think however it is time to use our zone a bit earlier. All of the credit needs to go to Franklin, they just whipped us. This might be the best Franklin team Ive seen in a while. They put on a clinic on the motion offense. Outstanding job rebs.

I was very please with my guys second half. We did not give up, in fact we outscored them 34-32, but you must put two halves together. We are relatively young, and are going to keep getting better.

Students, way to turn out, you guys are the best, keep doing that for us, we will keep working hard to make you proud of us. I love the stripe shirts.

I only have time to post this, then I gotta go.

I like your assesment of the game, it is pretty accurate.

We got an education last night. We did play man the whole game, It looked like a zone at times because all we did was stand around. We do have a pretty good zone, but you really can't go to a zone when you get down as quick as we did, the offense will just stand back and laugh at us. I think however it is time to use our zone a bit earlier. All of the credit needs to go to Franklin, they just whipped us. This might be the best Franklin team Ive seen in a while. They put on a clinic on the motion offense. Outstanding job rebs.

I was very please with my guys second half. We did not give up, in fact we outscored them 34-32, but you must put two halves together. We are relatively young, and are going to keep getting better.

Students, way to turn out, you guys are the best, keep doing that for us, we will keep working hard to make you proud of us. I love the stripe shirts.

Thanks for the clarification Coach. I just saw Drew and Lamont alone in the paint at times, which is why I thought we were playing the 3-2.