Slamfest

ut18vols

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify: Northwest did score 9 against the Soddy monster. They do look solid from top to bottom. A well coached team that has been together a long time. Good luck to them the rest of the year. It is tough being on top of the mountain, because everybody wants to knock you off.

I know that Northwests 125 murdered Soddys 125 ;)

What were the individual scores between soddy and owls?

I don't remember the exact individual scores and these may not be correct, but going from memory. The match started at 135 with a major dec, 140 was a tech fall, 145 major dec, 152 major dec. At 160, the Owls were ahead but then SD pinned for the win. Jake Young won by major dec at 171. I don't remember Roberson, seems like a major dec or maybe a pin there. Sliger lost to Zimmerman 2-1. One or two matches later the Owls forfeited the rest of the weight classes.

The Owls are a good team with a good coach, their time will come as they improve every year.

Edited by mlsrusty2

I don't remember the exact individual scores and these may not be correct, but going from memory. The match started at 135 with a major dec, 140 was a tech fall, 145 major dec, 152 major dec. At 160, the Owls were ahead but then SD pinned for the win. Jake Young won by major dec at 171. I don't remember Roberson, seems like a major dec or maybe a pin there. Sliger lost to Zimmerman 2-1. One or two matches later the Owls forfeited the rest of the weight classes.

The Owls are a good team with a good coach, their time will come as they improve every year.

So it would have been closer in a regular match? I know it was late when they started. I guess that was smart of the Owls coach. Once there was no way to win, call it a night and get folks home before 2am.

It doesn't look like these teams will face each other this year unless it's at State.

Good looking teams!

Edited by rigger101

Why Did Springfield leave? I don't think that was very professional of Springfield. Theres definately no excuse.

Why Springfield left?

First off the tournament was a last minute add cuase it wasnt on thier schedule so some of the kids had plans since they had this Saturday off(or they thought they did) they had a tournament last weekend and have one this weekend sosome made plans (on their "off" weekend before they knew of this tourny). So Springfield was going into the tourny giving up 3 forfiets, they then beat Smyrna and Brentwood, then one more wrestler had to leave so their down to 4 forfeits against Clarksville were they get killed. Then more wrestlers were gonna have to leave giving up more forfeits so they decided just to all go home and take 8th place, you can call it unprofessional but i think they did great with what they had and should be able to keep that up.

One more thing Soddy is machine status, they dominated EVERYONE!!!

Edited by ut18vols

So it would have been closer in a regular match? I know it was late when they started. I guess that was smart of the Owls coach. Once there was no way to win, call it a night and get folks home before 2am.

It doesn't look like these teams will face each other this year unless it's at State.

Good looking teams!

I guess I don't understand why you think it would have been closer in a regular match. Both teams had wrestled an equal amount of times. Why was this not like a regular match since both teams would have used the same line up?

This is not the typical wrestling question but anyone that was at Slamfest or have ever been to State Duals at Clarksville. Can someone tell me where they get the music, it gets me hyped up,(I would love to put it as the audio for a wrestling highlight tape also) so i was wondering where i could find that...I know someone out here knows

I guess I don't understand why you think it would have been closer in a regular match. Both teams had wrestled an equal amount of times. Why was this not like a regular match since both teams would have used the same line up?

Because of this;

At 160, the Owls were ahead but then SD pinned for the win. JSliger lost to Zimmerman 2-1. One or two matches later the Owls forfeited the rest of the weight classes.

If the Owls win at 160 and 125, 130 and a few others U have a closer match. It's a math thing. :lol:

If the wrestler in the 189 pound class for Hendersonville is Jaeckel, Chris Wolfe beat him 16 to 2. The 2 points that were awarded came when Wolfe let him up voluntarily to practice his take downs.

Tyler Roberson schooled that chris wolfe kid. the score was 13-4. the only points he scored were when tyler let him up. also before the match roberson didnt even warm up this wolfe guy is not that good.

Tyler Roberson schooled that chris wolfe kid. the score was 13-4. the only points he scored were when tyler let him up. also before the match roberson didnt even warm up this wolfe guy is not that good.

Tyler Roberson is a strong wrestler watched this weekend and watched him last march in Pittsburgh at junior nationals. To say that Chris wolfe is not that good of wrestler is not right . Everybody can use some improvements . And some of the best wrestlers get beat just ask Dan Gable or any of the greats you can win or be be beaten on any day it just has to be you good day to win .