WHos taking over Jeremy Woods Next Year?

volman09

I think the job is wide open. Conner will get a shot, he took more than half of the JV snaps. He did a pretty good job. However, if the baseball team is successful this year he will miss spring practice. He is a pitcher on the baseball team. The other JV QB was not eligible to play varsity this year, Brantley Smith #19. He is more athletic than Pepping, but Conner may have the better arm. The third player in the mix will be this past years freshman QB, Corey Flanders. The freshman team went 11-0 and won the freshman championship with him at the controls. He is probably the best pure athlete of the three. It's hard to start a sophmore and be successful in 5A. I am not aware of any other current QB's in the program. Who knows what or who might show up between now and next season. I think the QB position is their bestest hole to fill for next year. One thing I do know Coach Monroe will get whoever it is ready.

Edited by cooterhooter

I think the job is wide open. Conner will get a shot, he took more than half of the JV snaps. He did a pretty good job. However, if the baseball team is successful this year he will miss spring practice. He is a pitcher on the baseball team. The other JV QB was not eligible to play varsity this year, Brantley Smith #19. He is more athletic than Pepping, but Conner may have the better arm. The third player in the mix will be this past years freshman QB, Corey Flanders. The freshman team went 11-0 and won the freshman championship with him at the controls. He is probably the best pure athlete of the three. It's hard to start a sophmore and be successful in 5A. I am not aware of any other current QB's in the program. Who knows what or who might show up between now and next season. I think the QB position is their bestest hole to fill for next year. One thing I do know Coach Monroe will get whoever it is ready.

I heard that Nicholas Woods will be skipping a few grades and will be in the running.