Mcgavock Tournament

knockout818

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are u sure that booker and abrigo got best match?? bc it says on the b@@@@ets that he got beat 14-8.

Yes it was chosen by the officials as the best match. The score didn't reflect how the match actually appeared. There were several good matches throughout the tournament. Booker had a great tournament even though he lost to Abrigo who also wrestled well. Booker beat a State Runner Up from Alabama in the semis to advance to the finals.

The entire tournament and matches were exciting. Entering the finals at Heavyweight, Arab was in the lead 155 to Antioch's 154.5, and it looked like the Clarksville NE heavyweight was going to help Arab win the tournament by taking an early lead in the match, but the Antioch heavy turned him and pinned to push Antioch into the lead.

Larry Coffee works very hard to get this tournament together and this was an exciting one. I look forward to next year's tournament.

Yahya only had one match go past the 1st peroid (his semifinal match went to the 2nd), pinned every opponent, and was not scored on during the tournament.

What else does he need to do to deserve the OW award?

BST dont take this too personal i just said that the Forrest guy probably didnt deserve it because he was actually loosing late in the 3rd period in his semi final match and then won his finals match off of a minor decision, also made a generalized statement that hosting teams often give the OW to one of their wrestlers. I'm sure the McGavock guy deserved it. I will say the 152 b@@@@et was pretty tough, not sure about the 215 one.

Edited by hilltopper

BST dont take this too personal i just said that the Forrest guy probably didnt deserve it because he was actually loosing late in the 3rd period in his semi final match and then won his finals match off of a minor decision, also made a generalized statement that hosting teams often give the OW to one of their wrestlers. I'm sure the McGavock guy deserved it. I will say the 152 b@@@@et was pretty tough, not sure about the 215 one.

the home team doesn't decide on who gets OW. it is usually decided by all of the coaches and/or the officials. wrestling at your school for a tournament doesn't give you any better edge on recieving the OW as wrestling in a cross state tournament.

the home team doesn't decide on who gets OW. it is usually decided by all of the coaches and/or the officials. wrestling at your school for a tournament doesn't give you any better edge on recieving the OW as wrestling in a cross state tournament.

yes i know that coaches and refs often decide but there is still an edge in some tournaments that are conducted in the mid-state that give OW to their own wrestlers.

it looked like Abrigo had all he could handle in the semi's, not sure about the Yahya kid, but anytime a school can give their wrestler the ow award they tend to do so.

ya.... i personally believe if abrigo doesnt get it into gear someone will beat him. idk about yall but i would put that hillwood kid i the picture for a medal if he gave a state runner up that close of a match. yes its the begining of the season i kno. but still either way abrigo should ofr won...

ya.... i personally believe if abrigo doesnt get it into gear someone will beat him. idk about yall but i would put that hillwood kid i the picture for a medal if he gave a state runner up that close of a match. yes its the begining of the season i kno. but still either way abrigo should ofr won...

Justin Scott is a very good wrestler, just wish he had someone over at hillwood that could give him some competition during practice, he will have the chance to prove himself as the year goes on, he could definitely shock some people and medal at state.

Edited by hilltopper