2007 Region 6 1A

Big Bigby

IM not gonna speak for fcs because i dont know really anytihng about them, but they only lost by 4, not 34...

I think mtp had the atheletes rother than marco to get the ball around more than they did all year, rother its doing options where they actually pitch it, or running some reverses, wide reciever or runnnin back screens, all of which daily doesnt have to throw the ball very far, all of those loosin up a defense so that you can get the ball somewhere where u can get a big whole....but i think thats enough talkin about last years mtp team, they did well and should be proud....whats going to happen in the region this year, glancin at the perry county forum they think there gonna win the region or be a top 2 team. and moore county dont even have a coach unless thats changed in the last week or so...

Actually mTp lost by 28 and not 34 in close game until the middle of the 3rd quarter. That seems to be when our boys got really frustrated that our offense was just not doing well against that JCS defensive wall and seemed to start losing faith so to speak. Keep in mind, that game was mTp's first time that year they've been dominated since Giles Co. That had to be a major mental blow for them on a far away road trip. Also FCS lost by 6 not 4. Not that it matters none .The point is that JCS handled both teams in good order. :lol:

You are entitled to your opinion and I necessarily have not disagreed with everything you, FCSpride, or Greeny have said. Each have very valid points of view, but I cannot set back and let people say that mTp is ALL about Marco and let the other 65-70 kids on that team get disrespected so. :lol:

That old saying " Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me."

I believe Smith will not try and make fools out of other coaches in '07. Look for big changes in mTp game play in '07. Just my opinion. :P

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me tell ya'll something marco is the real deal and if he get's hurt it's over because the real truth of the matter is the backups for marco is not getting the job done period. I mean stoops and clifton just is not getting it done . Better find some one too catch the ball. because in the playoffs nomatter how good marco is he is not going to get the job done by his self AND WILL SOME ONE PLEASE GIVE COACH SMITH AND THE OLINE SOME CREDIT I mean smith calls the plays and the line blocks. PS NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY GO BY STATS O1 CWOOD TEAM AND O4 MP TEAM IS THE BEST TEAMS THAT HAS EVER PLAYED IN THE REGION AND I KNOW THIS HURTS SOME FEELINGS BUT THATS THE BOTTOMLINE PEACE!! PS. IT"S NOT OPIPION IT"S THE TRUTH :lol:

Like I just stated, look for changes in '07. For surely to goodness Smith doesn't expect to run the same style twice. I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

'04 was a heck of a team wasn't it. :lol:

Also, I do believe two to three players will " break-out" this year. Someones going to step up. :P

Don't think anybody on the PC thread predicted that they would win the region or be a top 2 team. What everyone is saying is that PC is improving, and could be play-off contenders in the next few years.

yea, i havnt even really read the perry county thread i was just tryin to get some replys on the region, and catch some peoples attention!

That old saying " Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me."

I believe Smith will not try and make fools out of other coaches in '07. Look for big changes in mTp game play in '07. Just my opinion. :lol:

i may be takin this tottaly wrong, but whatever.....ur saayin he's not gonna make fools outa other coaches next year, i mean if im takin this wrong dont freak out, but it seems like what your sayin is that he's gonna be able to with daily, but doesnt want to because he knows when daily leaves, then coaches are gonna want revenge, and do it right back to him.

i also agree with bottomline, sure the backups can break 1 or 2 good runs, but without him that team would not be a 3rd seed, in region 6, my oppion people dont freak out

i may be takin this tottaly wrong, but whatever.....ur saayin he's not gonna make fools outa other coaches next year, i mean if im takin this wrong dont freak out, but it seems like what your sayin is that he's gonna be able to with daily, but doesnt want to because he knows when daily leaves, then coaches are gonna want revenge, and do it right back to him.

i also agree with bottomline, sure the backups can break 1 or 2 good runs, but without him that team would not be a 3rd seed, in region 6, my oppion people dont freak out

Your feeling of reading it wrong is right. It means that other coaches are on to what Smith did this past season and shouldn't fall for it again(shame on Smith for foolin them once). But IF Smith runs the same style of game play in '07 as '06 it would only make the others teams coaches look bad for falling for the same schemes twice and not setting up their defensive strategies to stop what he did in the past(shame on them for fallin for what Smith did twice). Not that Smith would do it intentionally to make them look bad. It was merely a way of saying that I believe that Smith will make changes in '07. One thing that I know to be fact is that Smith is ALL about respect, on and off the field. Everyone at mTp will back that fact up. :lol:

Got it now? :lol:

Edited by Big Bigby

yes that was adams #9 last year he changed numbers i think to #10 this year so maybe a nother dixion dont know. he is quick and a strong runner and wont give up easy. and CW i think is not going to throw the ball much next year either there going to stick to the running game again im guessing

trojanfan i thought u was shannon adams but i guess not if u "think" he changed numbers but the dixon thing is out of the question right now adams is a good back although he has the potential to be as good as the dixons hes gonna have to work i dont see him reaching that level this year but possibly his senior year maybe, to fill the shoes of the dixons jacob or jessup will not be an easy task.

Your feeling of reading it wrong is right. It means that other coaches are on to what Smith did this past season and shouldn't fall for it again(shame on Smith for foolin them once). But IF Smith runs the same style of game play in '07 as '06 it would only make the others teams coaches look bad for falling for the same schemes twice and not setting up their defensive strategies to stop what he did in the past(shame on them for fallin for what Smith did twice). Not that Smith would do it intentionally to make them look bad. It was merely a way of saying that I believe that Smith will make changes in '07. One thing that I know to be fact is that Smith is ALL about respect, on and off the field. Everyone at mTp will back that fact up. ;)

Got it now? ;)

ya gotcha bud that was my 2nd guess,...

ssssssssssss..... I dont know what you mean by "athletic kids" could you explain it in a little more detail. I hope its not what I think, but I want to hear it out of your mouth first before I said anything. Go ahead and say what you mean by "athletic kids" When Jamarcus left, you guys said we will get you then. You remember Jamarcus right, I think he was one of those "athletic kids" you mentioned. Was it 5 or 6 Tds he had against CW at yalls house? I forgot. Then here comes Marco. Guess what there is a ton of talent coming to the high school, so just be ready. This coaching staff isnt the one you played against, trust me. They will be ready year in year out. CW might get lucky every now and then and slip up and beat em, but there is no such thing as middle of the pack anymore for MP. What is CW record for most region victories in a row and how many games does MP need to break it? I cant wait.

Ha, you wouldnt be so mad if what i said wasnt the truth........you got to play your guts out to beat collinwood now AT HOME....what you gonna do without dailey who is the best player in 1a? See ya at the wood this fall....ps..i dont have to get specific about anything, you aint that stupid are you?....jamarcus webster...won all of one game while playing for mt pleasant against collinwood....that would be one (1) game

ssssssssssss..... I dont know what you mean by "athletic kids" could you explain it in a little more detail. I hope its not what I think, but I want to hear it out of your mouth first before I said anything. Go ahead and say what you mean by "athletic kids" When Jamarcus left, you guys said we will get you then. You remember Jamarcus right, I think he was one of those "athletic kids" you mentioned. Was it 5 or 6 Tds he had against CW at yalls house? I forgot. Then here comes Marco. Guess what there is a ton of talent coming to the high school, so just be ready. This coaching staff isnt the one you played against, trust me. They will be ready year in year out. CW might get lucky every now and then and slip up and beat em, but there is no such thing as middle of the pack anymore for MP. What is CW record for most region victories in a row and how many games does MP need to break it? I cant wait.

you dont have a chance of breaking collinwoods record of three straight undefeated seasons in a row.....that would be 29 straight regular season wins...its actually longer than that cause im not counting wards freshman season when they won their last few regular season games..........now i may be wrong but mt pleasant has currently won seven or eight straight regular season games in a row......thats a looooonnng way from 29+ dude........and dont give me that garbage about region versus non region wins...they keep score in ALL OF THEM............when you break that 29 in a row get with me and beat your chest then....(course i know you cant win another 23 in a row so i aint one bit worried dude....hahahahaha

you dont have a chance of breaking collinwoods record of three straight undefeated seasons in a row.....that would be 29 straight regular season wins...its actually longer than that cause im not counting wards freshman season when they won their last few regular season games..........now i may be wrong but mt pleasant has currently won seven or eight straight regular season games in a row......thats a looooonnng way from 29+ dude........and dont give me that garbage about region versus non region wins...they keep score in ALL OF THEM............when you break that 29 in a row get with me and beat your chest then....(course i know you cant win another 23 in a row so i aint one bit worried dude....hahahahaha

your mmy hero hahahha you know he's gonna bring up how they play 2a and 3a non region teams, and he WILL bring up the region streak

Like I just stated, look for changes in '07. For surely to goodness Smith doesn't expect to run the same style twice. I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

Why would would Smith completely change an offensive scheme that took mostly sophmores and juniors to a semi-final game. 90% of the team comes back with the expierence of that type of offense. I cant understand why you think they should change. I do agree about putting in some different things, but why change the base of an offense that got you one game away from the state finals.

ps..i dont have to get specific about anything, you aint that stupid are you?

Could you actually state what you are sayin. Are you scared to say it? I know you know its wrong, but if you are gonna make an allegation atleast be a man enough to say it right.

Apparently you didnt read the post correctly. Here let me type a little slower so you can understand it. How many REGION games in a row did CW win. I'm not counting undeafeated season. Coach Smith could have scheduled pansies and could still be undeafeated in the regular season. Come on GreenMan straighten this guy out. LOL.