2007 Region 6 1A

Big Bigby

Marco Dailey's numbers on the year (strictly QB)

36-78 roughly 46% completion

3 int. on the year

489 yards passing

a little under 35 yards per. game

6.2 yards per pass.

13.5 yards per completion.

No fumbles listed specifically for marco, but i would bet the number is less than 5.

Highest yards in one game was 63 vs jo byrns. Highest attempts was 12 against collinwood.

overall these numbers suprised me, you look at yards per pass and yards per completion and they are pretty good, especially for high school. The completion percentage is also very good for a high school QB.

I was also suprised by the overall lack of production out of the passing game at all. So it is double sided. Marco did a great job statistically as a QB, but there was lack of production. If you put someone else there you might get better production out of the passing game, but you would probobly also get more turnovers.

It is an interesting question... but i still say to alternate them. Put him at RB and run the ball, next play he is a QB and run the ball. Get a kid who can throw it pretty good and stand marco next to him. With Marco there it will take alot of pressure off of him to be a big play maker and if he panics tell him to just find marco. I really just don't like the idea of the defense knowing where Marco is right of the bat. If he doesn't start with the ball they will still have to cover him pretty tight but you could easily go somewhere else and catch them out of position. Whatever it is i still say Mount Pleasant wins region and gets at least second round action.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 int. on the year

489 yards passing

6.2 yards per pass.

No fumbles listed specifically for marco, but i would bet the number is less than 5.

Highest yards in one game was 63 vs jo byrns. Highest attempts was 12 against collinwood.

overall these numbers suprised me, you look at yards per pass and yards per completion and they are pretty good, especially for high school. The completion percentage is also very good for a high school QB.

I was also suprised by the overall lack of production out of the passing game at all. So it is double sided. Marco did a great job statistically as a QB, but there was lack of production. If you put someone else there you might get better production out of the passing game, but you would probobly also get more turnovers.

It is an interesting question... but i still say to alternate them. Put him at RB and run the ball, next play he is a QB and run the ball. Get a kid who can throw it pretty good and stand marco next to him. With Marco there it will take alot of pressure off of him to be a big play maker and if he panics tell him to just find marco. I really just don't like the idea of the defense knowing where Marco is right of the bat. If he doesn't start with the ball they will still have to cover him pretty tight but you could easily go somewhere else and catch them out of position. Whatever it is i still say Mount Pleasant wins region and gets at least second round action.

First of all I'm sure MP coaches are going to take advise from a Frienship Christian fan. For someone who thinks we can just get 2nd round action you sure are interested. MP returns 90% of their team along with Mr. Football. Win your side of the bracket and you might just meet them in the Boro.

First of all I'm sure MP coaches are going to take advise from a Frienship Christian fan. For someone who thinks we can just get 2nd round action you sure are interested. MP returns 90% of their team along with Mr. Football. Win your side of the bracket and you might just meet them in the Boro.

Well the coaches are hopefully not taking advise from anyone on coachT otherwise i would be really worried about a team whose coaches listen to the constant talk and break down of past players and dads such as you and me.

By the way i said AT LEAST second round. not just second round.

Considering they are on opposite sides of the braket and would only meet in the championship i was hoping that the mount pleasant fans would graciously allow me to be a sidebar fan for mount pleasant.

And seriously, if any mount pleasant fans aside from MPHSTIGERS87 has a problem with an FCS talking about their team then i would like to know. It will be the first time that i group has thrown away a fan that wasn't trashing their team or excessively boasting...

There is no debate as to who will be QB for Mt. Pleasant in 2007. It will be Marco Dailey. I'm more concerned with who's going to replace Beau Butler, Drew Parson, Will Lanius, Devan Davenport, Christian Gaines, and the other seniors that will graduate. Parson, Lanius, and Davenport were 3 of the top linemen in the region. They will not be easily replaced. Gaines in his only year of varsity football was our top cover guy and possibly one of the top cover guys in the region. Who will be that guy in 2007? Butler was the leading tackler not just in number of tackles but also as the heart and soul of the defensive side of the ball. Is there one guy on this team that we can put that much responsibility on for 2007? Those are the questions that have to be answered for the Tigers in 2007. I hate to see all these negative posts as to who didnt get it done and who cant get it done. They only create unneeded controversy. Squabbling and second guessing of coaches breeds malcontent. Malcontent breeds losing. You can check back a few years for evidence of that. (0-10) Tery and Howie debate professional football that involves grown men making millions of dollars. Our team is made up of high school kids doing their best for their school and their hometown. These same kids read these posts. Please keep that in mind. There's many questions that will have to be answered in the coming days. (off season workouts, spring practice, summer passing league, and preseason practice) Who's the QB isnt one of them.

I havent read anything negative, myself and Bigby were just having debates on which spot Marco might play. We all know its the coaches that make the final decsions. As a fan if I cant express my opinion then why be a fan. Nobody ripped on a kid or said they were horrible. As fans we make assesments like anybody else. Good or bad I love the Tigers and thats why I post on here. So dont come on here telling me how to be a fan. Furthermore, these kids are football players. I hope their skin is tougher than yours when reading these post. As I see it nobody personally degraded a person. If they did I see the problem. As a fan if I state where a player should be thats my right. I pay my money at the ticket booth. Saying all this I have never said anything negative about a coach or a coaches decision. I can however express an opinion. If I didnt have one I would not be a real fan. So good job so far coaches, you are doing a great job and it is a pleasure watching these boys turn into men.

There is no debate as to who will be QB for Mt. Pleasant in 2007. It will be Marco Dailey. I'm more concerned with who's going to replace Beau Butler, Drew Parson, Will Lanius, Devan Davenport, Christian Gaines, and the other seniors that will graduate. Parson, Lanius, and Davenport were 3 of the top linemen in the region. They will not be easily replaced. Gaines in his only year of varsity football was our top cover guy and possibly one of the top cover guys in the region. Who will be that guy in 2007? Butler was the leading tackler not just in number of tackles but also as the heart and soul of the defensive side of the ball. Is there one guy on this team that we can put that much responsibility on for 2007? Those are the questions that have to be answered for the Tigers in 2007. I hate to see all these negative posts as to who didnt get it done and who cant get it done. They only create unneeded controversy. Squabbling and second guessing of coaches breeds malcontent. Malcontent breeds losing. You can check back a few years for evidence of that. (0-10) Tery and Howie debate professional football that involves grown men making millions of dollars. Our team is made up of high school kids doing their best for their school and their hometown. These same kids read these posts. Please keep that in mind. There's many questions that will have to be answered in the coming days. (off season workouts, spring practice, summer passing league, and preseason practice) Who's the QB isnt one of them.

I thought I made it really clear that I COMPLETELY understand and AGREE who's QB'n in '07. If not, go back and read last pages post where I stated so right below your post of late. :rolleyes:

Squabbling, second guessing, malcontent?? You above all people know me better than that. Of all the nights you seen me jumping and cheering when most of the bleachers was sitting on their hands. Did that look like someone who has second guesses on what Smith is doing. Come on. I'm simply talking football. In no way have I second guessed what Smith has done or have I stated anything in a way to degrade any player on that field. I'm simply DISCUSSING different play strategies along with stats with other devoted fans of the game. Didn't think nothing was wrong with talking about football on here. Unless it offends too many people and I'll have to get phone numbers to talk to these guys over the phone. :thumb::lol:

The Howie and Terry analogy was in the post to compare what they do to what we do. They comment on the game, players, coaches and plays. We(coacht fans) comment on the game, players, coaches and plays. Nothing they say affects the outcome of what coaches do, and nothing we say will affect the outcome of what coaches do. I'm a little surprised you think it will. The only difference is they get paid to do it, and we do it for the fun in it. If we take the ability away from someone voicing their opinion on here just because we disagree with it, then no-one will get to post.

Now when it comes to the kids, I 100% agree that people should watch what they say in their opinions. Peoples feelings are involved because its their kids. But like anything people do in the public light, those kids need to understand in life when you put yourself in the public light, it can sometimes be cruel. So parents should just prepare them in the best way a parent feels they should for that reality. :(

(Sometimes a little negativity can breed positive things.)

I'm also fully aware that not all of your comments in your post is guided to me.

No bad feelings involved I hope, for there is none guided back at you. This post of mine is for a few others to understand also. I'm just simply trying to talk football. NO disrespect aimed at coach or the program AT ALL. I hope this clears this matter up. :lol:

Edited by Big Bigby

I havent read anything negative, myself and Bigby were just having debates on which spot Marco might play. We all know its the coaches that make the final decsions. As a fan if I cant express my opinion then why be a fan. Nobody ripped on a kid or said they were horrible. As fans we make assesments like anybody else. Good or bad I love the Tigers and thats why I post on here. So dont come on here telling me how to be a fan. Furthermore, these kids are football players. I hope their skin is tougher than yours when reading these post. As I see it nobody personally degraded a person. If they did I see the problem. As a fan if I state where a player should be thats my right. I pay my money at the ticket booth. Saying all this I have never said anything negative about a coach or a coaches decision. I can however express an opinion. If I didnt have one I would not be a real fan. So good job so far coaches, you are doing a great job and it is a pleasure watching these boys turn into men.

Is it safe to come out yet? :lol::rolleyes::thumb:

3 int. on the year

489 yards passing

6.2 yards per pass.

Not too far off from what I'm saying. Leaves the mind to think. Doesn't it?

Well the coaches are hopefully not taking advise from anyone on coachT otherwise i would be really worried about a team whose coaches listen to the constant talk and break down of past players and dads such as you and me.

Considering they are on opposite sides of the braket and would only meet in the championship i was hoping that the mount pleasant fans would graciously allow me to be a sidebar fan for mount pleasant.

And seriously, if any mount pleasant fans aside from MPHSTIGERS87 has a problem with an FCS talking about their team then i would like to know. It will be the first time that i group has thrown away a fan that wasn't trashing their team or excessively boasting...

No problem here. I'd like to think we can still DISCUSS football, I hope. :rolleyes:

So it's okay for other fans to say what they want too because they buy their tickets at the booth. Well i do too and i was just stating my opipion on here like ya'll was about where i thought the team needed help.And everybody on here get's all uptight. I am a fan that has gave money at road blocks and bought programs at the games to help the boosters out with the sports programs at mphs. In the future i will not say any names of players but i will say the position! And i will call it like i see it and if i offend anyone on here i can not help it. Now as far as the oline losing somevery good players i think we have some guys that will fill there shoes not easy but they will do okay.TIGERS #1

Edited by bottomline

Never said I had a problem with ya, I just posted a comment back to yours. We bicker enough between ourselves :rolleyes: we dont need a private to come in here now. That was a joke LOL.

Never said I had a problem with ya, I just posted a comment back to yours. We bicker enough between ourselves :rolleyes: we dont need a private to come in here now. That was a joke LOL.

LOL, yeah i can only imagine what it is like during the season... i have read some of the Mt. Pleasant collinwood boards... i know how you guys act when you don't like somebody.