2007 Region 6 1A

Big Bigby

Earlier post you said you would pull for mTp since they were a Maury Co. team.

Figured CA, Central, or SHill. I just payed attention to what I read and did the math. :lol::)

ahh, no i dont like shill, even if they are a maury county team, central welll nothin to pull for, and i just like the small football program they have there..but u must really pay attention haha

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the o-line I agree, there's enough cornbread feed boys on the sideline to handle the loss of positions there. The best question MPHSTIGERFAN raised is; who's gonna lead the defense and secondary? Jay Stoops, Kyle Bayes, David Brown, Dusty Robertson comes to mind at first thought for linebackers, leading the d-line as far as set up to defend the run. Houston and English maybe our corners now?? Hate to say it but Marco pulling more double duty as safety changing out time to time with someone like Jed Davis. Experience in these players could be the deciding factors. Believe they got it physically, but mentally will they be ready?? I think so. These players looked good last year.

Seems to be no interest in this post........... :lol:

Just trying to keep some discussion going or I'm learning something here. :lol:

Edited by Big Bigby

So is everyone only concerned with Marco, and protecting what is said about him?

Seems to be no interest in this post........... :D

Just trying to keep some discussion going or I'm learning something here. :D

i think everyones gettin kind of sick of talkin bout mtp, i know i am, i think its time to move on to the next school, like zion they have there qb back that was a freshman last year, will they improve?

i think the region as a whole will improve, alot of young teams last year......

Edited by Monkey Wrench

i think everyones gettin kind of sick of talkin bout mtp, i know i am, i think its time to move on to the next school, like zion they have there qb back that was a freshman last year, will they improve?

Sick of talking about mTp?? Your kidding right? How can you get sick of talking about the #1 team in 1A football??? That would be like saying your sick of hearing about Manning and the Colts.lol. :DI'm already tired of hearing about that one.

Zion,,,boy there's a hot button issue. Will they improve? Anythings possible. I'd say give them about 5-10 more years. After they get the work finished they have got going on at the schools grounds and can devote more resources to that program. Then like any other private, if they decide to get it going they will. If the budget gets right for them and they get good prospects coming to that school then they could definitely become a powerhouse in region 6. Like all privates it depends on what the program WANTS to do. But next year,, They might win one, other than that, mTp is the real hot button issue. '07 could be the state championship year for mTp. That's something to talk about.

Your right as far as the region though, I think mTp might not have it as easy as last year with a few more opponents stepping their game up. That's why I originally got this thread going. " Is there anyone that can knock off mTp for the top spot in the region?" The usual top 4 in region 6 will be tougher and with Moore Co. finally getting their issue resolved, add #5 to that list. If region 5 thinks its going to fair better in the playoffs than last year, well like the Judas Priest song says, they got another thing coming.

Edited by Big Bigby

I disagree, I think MP rolls throug region 6. As important as region 6 championships are, MP knows what they want and region 6 foes are just in the way. 90% of the team is back with a whole year of expierence in Smith's gameplanning. Look for a better defense and a lot of blow outs.

If they can get themselves a better defense then look for them to make alot of noise in the playoffs.

I disagree, I think MP rolls throug region 6. As important as region 6 championships are, MP knows what they want and region 6 foes are just in the way. 90% of the team is back with a whole year of expierence in Smith's gameplanning. Look for a better defense and a lot of blow outs.

I didn't say it wasn't going to be easy, not just as easy. You don't think the top teams in the region will be better than last with the experience they've gained?

You know we've gained a year with this group and so have they with theirs. I still say the region's competition will be better than last year. mTp rolls, but with a fewer more bumps. Give me some idea why they wouldn't improve?

Edited by Big Bigby

If they can get themselves a better defense then look for them to make alot of noise in the playoffs.

That lesser defense your speaking of took mTp to the semi's. It held JB to under 30 points and CW to under 30, something JB's #1 defense couldn't do(though it was only a 2 point difference of the two). No-one scored over 30 points on that lesser defense other than JCS(state champs) and Giles Co. (3A,first game this group really played together as a team). In which the JCS game mTp's defense was holding fine until the middle of the 3rd. JCS was just to much. Your team had a better defense and still couldn't stay off JCS, even though they did a better job at it than mTP did. So I don't quite understand your assessment in acting as if mTp needs a lot better defense than last. But rest assured they will be even better this year. Which by my standards could mean going 1 more game further. ;)

Edited by Big Bigby

I'm with you, monkey wrench. I'm getting sick of hearing about Mtp too. Yes, Marco is great. Yes, Mtp will probably win the region again. The real question is how the other teams in the region will do and who else besides Mtp will make the playoffs.

That lesser defense your speaking of took mTp to the semi's. It held JB to under 30 points and CW to under 30, something JB's #1 defense couldn't do(though it was only a 2 point difference of the two). No-one scored over 30 points on that lesser defense other than JCS(state champs) and Giles Co. (3A,first game this group really played together as a team). In which the JCS game mTp's defense was holding fine until the middle of the 3rd. JCS was just to much. Your team had a better defense and still couldn't stay off JCS, even though they did a better job at it than mTP did. So I don't quite understand your assessment in acting as if mTp needs a lot better defense than last. But rest assured they will be even better this year. Which by my standards could mean going 1 more game further. ;)

We have different oppinions of how to rank defense's last year. Personally i say the two best Defense's in the state last year were in the championship game. JCS held Mt. Pleasant to 14 and Jo Byrns held them to 28...... as for FCS, they gave up zero to collinwood, which Jo Byrns gave up 30 to. I think Jo byrns got the label of BEST D in 1A because of their stretch of shut-outs mid-season. Now that was just my oppinion and that part of this is based on nothing.

here is some stats on FCS, JCS, Jo Byrns, and by Defense.

Points per game allowed (total points would be useless since some teams played more games.)

Jo Byrns 8.7

FCS 8.4

JCS 14.8

total yards allowed per game

Jo Byrns 159

FCS 185

JCS 230

I really can't think of any other defensive stats to list except breaking down total yards to passing and rushing.