2007 Region 6 1A

Big Bigby

Greenman..did some homework and it was all for you.You can't ignore this!

mTp vs. Giles Co.....mTp total plays minus PA attempts...55...Marco-14 = 25.45%

mTp vs. Ezell..........mTp '' '' '' '' ''.....44...Marco-14 = 31.81%

mTp vs. Huntland....mTp '' '' '' '' ''.....54....Marco-16 = 29.62%

mTp vs. Moore Co...mTp '' '' '' '' ''.....29....Marco-11 = 37.93%

mTp vs. Perry Co....mTp '' '' '' '' ''.....54....Marco-17 = 31.48%

mTp vs. Wayne Co..mTp '' '' '' '' ''.....56....Marco-15 = 26.79%

mTp vs. Collinwood..mTp '' '' '' '' ''....43....Marco-23 = 53%

CW vs. mTp...CW '' '' '' '' ...62...Dixon-25 = 40%

mTp vs. Zion...........mTp '' '' '' '' ''.....25....Marco-3 = 12%

mTp vs. Cornersville..mTp '' '' '' '' ''.....46.....Marco-7 = 15.21%

mTp vs. Columbia Ac...mTp '' '' '' '' ''....43.....Marco-12 = 27.9%

mTp vs. Forrest.......mTp '' '' '' '' ''.....45.....Marco-22 = 48.89%

mTp vs. Wayne Co...mTp '' '' '' '' ''.....45....Marco-18 = 40%

WC vs. mTp..WC '' '' '' ''....51...N.Bell-19 = 37%

mTp vs. Jo Byrns.....mTp '' '' '' '' ''.....56.....Marco-32 = 57.14%

JB vs. mTp...JB '' '' '' ''....55....C.Morris-22 = 40%

mTp vs. JCS.............mTp '' '' '' '' ''.....58.....Marco-32 = 55.17%

As you can see you have been way off claiming that Marco ran 90-95% of all coach Smith's and mTp offensive plays. Even in the games that counted, as you say, Marco barely got over 50% in only 3 games of 14 and still didn't do a whole lot more than other coaches( ie, Statom,Adkins) asked of their star athletes. About the only thing your right on is Marco was called on more in big games than lesser games. But being the best player on the field, shouldn't he have?

I might need to ask WHOLDER for a big glass of shut up juice for ya, you earned it :D:D

PS. and don't be pulling no stuff like saying he touched the ball 95% cause he's the QB...I know what you've been meaning...oh yeah,I'm not really trying to get after you on this, I was really bored and this info was really nice to know. :D

this is where stats decieve u, marco was usually out by halftime, which means that his percentage goes down alot.......is there any way that we can see how much marco had the ball the first half of the game compared to everyone? or is that to much to ask?

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE ssssssss

beat yer chest all you want...dailey has one last season then mt pleasant falls back to the middle of the pack..........just like the coaches before....after awhile the *athletic* kids...and you know what im talking about...they just quit coming out for football.....there werent hardly any on last years team....we will see after next year how great a coach smith really is...personally i dont think they will get another win over collinwood in a long time.......and yeah, im including next season........mt pleasant lost more seniors than collinwood did and the younger guys at the wood are a lot better from what ive seen..........I know shannon adams is the best running back prospect theyve had since John Bray......I cant wait to watch that kid tote it with his speed and vision.......personally, he should have started this last year but i guess you gotta reward the seniors

This post has been edited by ssssssss: Yesterday, 11:46 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sssso are we to judge Statom also by the talent he has on the field???

That's the exact thing that you and Greenman are doing.

How many winning seasons would CW and coach Statom have without the Dixon boys or John Bray or even maybe this Adams kid your resting your hopes on???

My bet is that CW and Statom would be no better than the criticism that you and Grenny are slinging at Smith.

mTp lost 11 seniors, out of which only 5 were key players(2,off.3,def.) and 2 of them didn't play half the year due to injury and their replacements were Soph.

CW loses 9 seniors. 2 of which was your run attack. That's only a difference of 2, not quite sure where you got it that mTp lost a lot more than CW. You and Greenman need to keep in mind that what you seen at the JV game last year was 90-95% FRESHMEN. Plenty enough time for Smith to coach them into something more. mTp is reloading.

You see mTp losing to CW in '07 :D ...I ssssee 4 peat. :D

WHOLDER.. :D

SSSSSS where do you see Cwood having more talent in the next few years? I can't remember the last time the Middle School lost to Cwood Middle School. I missed this years game but I believe MP won that one to. Is your Middle School coach that bad? He has all this talent and can't win over the poor talent from MP?

this is where stats decieve u, marco was usually out by halftime, which means that his percentage goes down alot.......is there any way that we can see how much marco had the ball the first half of the game compared to everyone? or is that to much to ask?

I don't know if I'll ever be THAT bored to figure that much info. Besides its all irrelevant anyways. The total percentage of what Marco contributed to the game

is posted no matter 1st or 4th quarter play. Percentage is based on the number of plays for the entire game vs. the number of plays Marco was involved in. I do see what you are saying though, and if you take the 4 highest percentages in which he played 4 quarters, Marco still had an avg. of carrying the ball 53.55% of the time. That's still a far cry away from 90-95%. That's still only 5-10% more plays than a normal leading rusher for other teams.The attack on mTp has been that mTp is all about Marco(95%). But I have demonstrated clearly that he actually makes up an low avg. of 33.35% of all games played in '07 or an high avg. of 53.55% of the 4 big competition games played.That also shows that Smith called on his biggest weapon for only 20% more plays in big match-ups, which I feel is not too far off from what any other coach does in the same situations. So Marco Dailey is simply not all there is to mTp. He is definitely the X factor, but not all there is. :D

Please don't try and detail any futher, if its not clear to you by now it just won't be.

My peabrain can't think of any other way to clarify this any better. :D

Edited by Big Bigby

I don't know if I'll ever be THAT bored to figure that much info. Besides its all irrelevant anyways. The total percentage of what Marco contributed to the game

is posted no matter 1st or 4th quarter play. Percentage is based on the number of plays for the entire game vs. the number of plays Marco was involved in. I do see what you are saying though, and if you take the 4 highest percentages in which he played 4 quarters, Marco still had an avg. of carrying the ball 53.55% of the time. That's still a far cry away from 90-95%. That's still only 5-10% more plays than a normal leading rusher for other teams.The attack on mTp has been that mTp is all about Marco(95%). But I have demonstrated clearly that he actually makes up an low avg. of 33.35% of all games played in '07 or an high avg. of 53.55% of the 4 big competition games played.That also shows that Smith called on his biggest weapon for only 20% more plays in big match-ups, which I feel is not too far off from what any other coach does in the same situations. So Marco Dailey is simply not all there is to mTp. He is definitely the X factor, but not all there is. :D

Please don't try and detail any futher, if its not clear to you by now it just won't be.

My peabrain can't think of any other way to clarify this any better. :D

Great work Big Bigby. You know someone will still say something because there jealous, it is just the way it is. I personally dont care how how high the percentage rate is on how many times Marco is involved. The bottom line is 99% of 1A public schools who follow the rules cant play against him. That being said, you play him until the game is under control.

Yeah i didn't see him play last year but i probobly will this year.... The fact remains it doesn't matter if you would have to play him 90% if he is good enough then do it. Mt. Pleasant may not be a one man show, but they are a marco first team. They live by marco, they die by marco. He is the start of everything. If he gets going then it will be a long night for the other team, not just because of marco but because of other players on mt pleasant as well. On the flip-side. If he does bad and can't get going, then no one else steps up and gets the ball moving first. So while percentage wise it is not all marco, i still say they are heavily leaning on marco in all their games. Something that would help is this, is there a single game where marco got held to few big runs, and most of his runs were stopped for 2 - 3 yards, and somebody else stepped up and got the ball rolling and momentum moving for mt. pleasant.... i don't follow their team so i wouldn't know if it has happened, but i doubt it.....

Yeah i didn't see him play last year but i probobly will this year.... The fact remains it doesn't matter if you would have to play him 90% if he is good enough then do it. Mt. Pleasant may not be a one man show, but they are a marco first team. They live by marco, they die by marco. He is the start of everything. If he gets going then it will be a long night for the other team, not just because of marco but because of other players on mt pleasant as well. On the flip-side. If he does bad and can't get going, then no one else steps up and gets the ball moving first. So while percentage wise it is not all marco, i still say they are heavily leaning on marco in all their games. Something that would help is this, is there a single game where marco got held to few big runs, and most of his runs were stopped for 2 - 3 yards, and somebody else stepped up and got the ball rolling and momentum moving for mt. pleasant.... i don't follow their team so i wouldn't know if it has happened, but i doubt it.....

Marco didn't get 1A MR. FOOTBALL for nothing. ;):unsure:

You guys really miss football dont you?

:D:D:D

Edited by Big Bigby

I have no doubt that Marco Dailey has all the talent that 1A can handle, what i question is if the school is Mount Pleasant or Marco Pleasant.

The stats says that mTp is about 30-50% Marco. I thought you understood that. Just when I thought someone(U) made a post hitting that little nail on its big ole fat head. I seen you have doubts with your question at the end. Though its very difficult to answer that due to the fact Marco didn't get stopped until JCS. So here's my best scenario. The other two backs Jay Stoops and Bubba Clifton did their part. Jay Stoops had 9 carr.- 89 yds. at Giles Co. giving up a TD to a fumble almost at the end zone. Bubba Clifton was 9-36 at Ezell with a few key 1st downs. Bubba Clifton was 9-118, 1 TD and Jay Stoops was 3-18, 1 TD at Wayne Co. (playoffs). So I would say to best answer your previous question it would be that WC most suits your question. So please don't doubt too much. :unsure:

WHOLDER I hope your enjoying this. This stuff is hard work my man. FUN, but hard. I've already had enuff, glad to have you there during the season. Like I said before U Da Man :D

Edited by Big Bigby

I would love to see your Bruceton Tigers try and compete in region 6. They would be lucky to finish in the top 5 one out of 4 years. Your just mad because C.J. didnt get Mr. Football and Marco did. Boo-Hoo. :unsure:

The tigers can put up a fight and handle any team that they have to play no matter the region or class we don't care about the size of the players the # of player that they have or how good that they are supposed to be. If you don't believe it then ask Union City or any 2A teams that we have played.

hey big bigby

1.) why do they call it big bigby its a so tiny? i've always wondered that.

2.) How many touchdowns did mt. pleasant score all year?

3.) how many did marco score, i forgot?

4.) how many touchdowns did everyone else on the team have?

A good way of comparing how much a team is of someone is his touchdowns compared to everyone else, im thinkin right now that its prob. about even with marco and the rest of the team scoring about the same number of touchdowns. You can go by yards, carries, or whatever, but what really matters is whose gettin in the end zone the most, which is obviously marco, but where does the rest of the team compare to him