Is Giles County still king of the district?

Nation!?....

Well it seems to me like the district should be a little more even this year. Giles Co. is not the overpowering monster that they usually are. The only player that deserves any props from their game against Lewis Co. (where Giles won by 9 but the game was closer than the score) was Creshaun Holt. He played phenominally and we just didn't have an answer for him. Another thing that hurt us was the officiating. It seemed to go in the direction of Giles County after one of the refs almost had to throw a Giles Co. fan out of the game. They had to do what they had to do to get out of that hostile environment unharmed and I can't honestly say that I wouldn't do the same. Finally the real difference in the game was our 3 brain farts that ended up being the difference in a loss and overtime. We, for some reason, left Tryce Nelson wide open and he made three 3's in the 2nd half after virtually being shut down the whole game. Still we played good and hard. And Coach Roach coached probably the best game of his career thusfar. So even though it ended in a loss good job to the Panthers and their coaching staff last night. You made a good effort and we should be able to win the one at home. Also congratulations to Giles county on their district win.

you should have been there pageman! it was a great game!

1ad is the friggin man! and don't worry sometime after Christmas I'll be able to jump on your back again, just like the old days.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I agree with you Nation, I am not one to get on here and bash another school, but to be honest...I was not impressed with Giles County this year. They have the players to be the powerhouse that they have been, but it seems like they should work on shooting a little more in practice. From what I seen last night, they don't have a pure shooter. That Holt kid did play good and I believe if he had not played like he did Lewis County would have won the game, regardless of their mistakes at the end. Well next time these teams match up down in Hohenwald, it should be another good one. Till Next Time...

Doc

• 2 months later...
Well it seems to me like the district should be a little more even this year. Giles Co. is not the overpowering monster that they usually are. The only player that deserves any props from their game against Lewis Co. (where Giles won by 9 but the game was closer than the score) was Creshaun Holt. He played phenominally and we just didn't have an answer for him. Another thing that hurt us was the officiating. It seemed to go in the direction of Giles County after one of the refs almost had to throw a Giles Co. fan out of the game. They had to do what they had to do to get out of that hostile environment unharmed and I can't honestly say that I wouldn't do the same. Finally the real difference in the game was our 3 brain farts that ended up being the difference in a loss and overtime. We, for some reason, left Tryce Nelson wide open and he made three 3's in the 2nd half after virtually being shut down the whole game. Still we played good and hard. And Coach Roach coached probably the best game of his career thusfar. So even though it ended in a loss good job to the Panthers and their coaching staff last night. You made a good effort and we should be able to win the one at home. Also congratulations to Giles county on their district win.

you should have been there pageman! it was a great game!

1ad is the friggin man! and don't worry sometime after Christmas I'll be able to jump on your back again, just like the old days.

ummm...excuse me but yall are at home and we are about to go to state so we don't need your little comments...THANK YOU!!! :P;):unsure:;)

Edited by go_nuggets

Yes I agree with you Nation, I am not one to get on here and bash another school, but to be honest...I was not impressed with Giles County this year. They have the players to be the powerhouse that they have been, but it seems like they should work on shooting a little more in practice. From what I seen last night, they don't have a pure shooter. That Holt kid did play good and I believe if he had not played like he did Lewis County would have won the game, regardless of their mistakes at the end. Well next time these teams match up down in Hohenwald, it should be another good one. Till Next Time...

Doc

WELL WHATEVER WE ARE GOING TO STATE....WHERE'S LEWIS COUNTY....UMMM.....AT HOME... ;):unsure:

Well ummm.... Lewisburg middle could win that district. Remember you are only going to the Boro, you will not win. Beware of the Crusader Nation, where Liberty is king

Um Little Buddy, One team that was ranked in the nation has been upset!! That is why teams play the games. Yall are the favorite team to win but beware of the upset and I know you would hate to eat some humble pie!!

Um Little Buddy, One team that was ranked in the nation has been upset!! That is why teams play the games. Yall are the favorite team to win but beware of the upset and I know you would hate to eat some humble pie!!
I will not eat humble pie. The Crusader Nation will not be benied, ok little buddy. We will not have a chance to play Giles County because Austin East will take care of them. :unsure: