oak ridge @clinton

baller1240

Clinton is down but not out. Friday night was a bit shocking but so was our 5-5 football season. It happens in the best of programs. What was most shocking was the 10 dollar parking out front and the high concession prices. I take it Clinton is trying to raise money with parking prices that high? I don't think I have ever had to pay to park at a high school basketball game. I didn't pay that but I'm sure some senior citizens would have loved to have parked a bit closer. None of my business at all but I was eager to hear the reason for such a high price to park in those up close spots.

Clinton is down but not out. Friday night was a bit shocking but so was our 5-5 football season. It happens in the best of programs. What was most shocking was the 10 dollar parking out front and the high concession prices. I take it Clinton is trying to raise money with parking prices that high? I don't think I have ever had to pay to park at a high school basketball game. I didn't pay that but I'm sure some senior citizens would have loved to have parked a bit closer. None of my business at all but I was eager to hear the reason for such a high price to park in those up close spots.

DC

Oak Ridge is playing some scary basketball right now. I figured they would not be as good losing Domsic, Younkin and Coffey, but they appear to be even better than last year. What on Earth is Ricky feeding those kids and what are the main reasons for their success? Is the chemistry better than last year? (I heard that it was not too good there last year)

The main reason that Clinton is charging for the parking is a fund raiser to pay for the goals that the kids play on in the gym. You don't have to pay the $10, but if you don't you don't get the prime parking spaces...even if you do come early. Not only does the AC board of education not fund for the athletics in the school system (only the coaches get a small supplement by comparison to other schools in the area), but they also do not get the millions of dollars of donations from area industry to fund their capital improvements.