What has Ronnie done now ?

dad45

TSSAA has done it again for Tenn. wrestling they have cut the schedule 2 days shorter .My guess is that they want to make baseball season longer .This is not a direction for making Tenn. wrestling stronger or any more popular .They also are messing with the dead period taking more time from summer wrestling programs.But they are going to let baseball coaches coach there summer programs. :angry: If I have misunderstood the articles in the paper someone correct me .Because Mr. Carter is an ex wrestling coach I would think he would understand what would make the sport more popular and stonger.

TSSAA has done it again for Tenn. wrestling they have cut the schedule 2 days shorter .My guess is that they want to make baseball season longer .This is not a direction for making Tenn. wrestling stronger or any more popular .They also are messing with the dead period taking more time from summer wrestling programs.But they are going to let baseball coaches coach there summer programs. :angry: If I have misunderstood the articles in the paper someone correct me .Because Mr. Carter is an ex wrestling coach I would think he would understand what would make the sport more popular and stonger.

Check your time frames a little. According to the TSSAA website, the season for the following sports, from first practice to State championship finals are as follows:

Football-----4 months

Basketball--4.5 months

Wrestling---3.5 months

Baseball----3.5 months

If anything, the question should be, why does basketball season last so long?

1st off I'm surprised that BB is longer than FB.

2ndly - the only thing I like better than a good basketball game is a basketball court covered in wrestling mats!

The BB season is probably longer to make up for those nights that the court is covered in wrestling mats - you know it's always the wrestling teams fault that there are problems in the gym!

Edited by sundancer

Check your time frames a little. According to the TSSAA website, the season for the following sports, from first practice to State championship finals are as follows:

Football-----4 months

Basketball--4.5 months

Wrestling---3.5 months

Baseball----3.5 months

If anything, the question should be, why does basketball season last so long?

Some of the older coaches in Tennessee will tell you that the TSSAA building was built and paid for by basketball.

I also found out that foot ball will start a week later . that means its going to be mid season before the wreslers that play football will be acclamated and . They did'nt change the dead period rule yet other than allowing baseball coaches to keep coaching throughout the dead period.