Who is the best Coach in Tennessee?

Icy

Must excel in all areas:

Qualifications: Coaches with 5 or more years of experience

1. Good basketball Team

2. Good student athletes

3. Players are good students on and off the court.

4. Players graduate near the top of their class.

5. Great Sportmanship

6. Excellent role model for their team

From an admittedly slightly biased opinion, I'd have to go with Wilson out at Harpeth. His team is indisputably the best in district 11AA and poised to take home another district title tomorrow night. Of his graduating seniors, all four will be attending college in the fall, two of them on basketball scholarships, and I know for a fact three of the four are graduating near the top of the class, one being valedictorian Scott Newton. They have aspirations, with two going premed and one engineering. All his players stay out of trouble inside and outside of school. There are consequences (i.e. lots of running) if they do not. He won't accept anything less than great sportsmanship from his athletes. He's not afraid to bench a player for talking back to the officials or to him. I've seen it done many times. His guys are expected to carry themselves a certain way at all time, even down to not being permitted to wear hats in buildings because it "isn't part of their image." He loves his players, yet expects excellence. He would tear into a player for not playing with intensity while at the same time taking a bullet for him.

Just a thought...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic