Big 9

CandaceParkerFan

I got a chance to see Science Hill Friday against South and WOW!!, what a joke! Ashley Scott, whom I think WILL probably be a candidate for Defensive Player, just shut Williams down the entire game! I've watched her for SH and she's not a major scoring threat, but her defense and quickness is the best I've seen so far in the Big 9. SH will be hard to stop especially when they are running the court. Last year they blew a big lead at Boone and lost, I'm interested to see how things will pan out for them on Tuesday....plus Boone got a much needed win on Friday. To win, SH will have to shut down Caroline Deakins, she's a big threat. I can see her being gaurded by Scott.

Any one want to give their predictions for this week?

Here's mine: SH 54 Boone 42 :thumb:

Well, Science Hill / Daniel Boone was quite a game! Science Hill won 61 - 52, but the score wasn't indicative of the intensity of the game. Daniel Boone led the whole game, mostly by double figures or just under, but just couldn't hold off the 4th quarter charge by SH. Science Hill took their first lead with about 4 minutes to play and it was a dogfight to the end, with the Lady Toppers making their free throws to clinch it.

Science Hill is a very good team, and they will pressure you all the way. Boone matched their intensity and beat them at their own game, leading by 13 at halftime, but had a couple of let-ups in the second half, and you just can't do that against a team like this.

Anyway, congratulations to the Lady Toppers, and Boone goes on to face Greeneville on the road Friday.

Glad to see some posts! I was beginning to think the Big Nine was going out of business on here!

I think your score range was probably about right. SH has had Boone's number here lately. What about the battle for Big 9 supremacy Thursday night, between SH and TH?

Yes The Science Hill / Daniel Boone game was an awesome game to see. Boone came out of the gates on fire and SH could never really get it together. It looked for a moment that this was an upset in the making...however what ever happened in that locker room at halftime, told the story. The Toppers came out with a vengence. Wow when they want to play DEFENSE, they know how to do it and I enjoy watching them run the floor. I STILL believe that ASHLEY SCOTT deserves to be the Defensive Player of the Year. She clamped down on Gillis during the 4th quarter and it was all she wrote for Boone. Boone has a good team but they just lack the depth to keep runnign with SH. The true test will be Friday, when TN High comes to JC. If it were me I once again would put Scott againt Montgomery anyday! My pred: SH 53 TNH 49

After watching SH's defense....they are for real!

Good luck to all the teams :)

Not sure I share all that enthusiasm. They do play very good defense. But to say Scott shut down Gillis.......... I didn't see it. Gillis scored right up to the last 30 seconds even taking it the length of the floor for a layup+1. Scott is probably SH's best defender from what I saw tonight, though. SH does a great job of defending EVERY PASS, and that is sometimes a weakness for Boone, and that had a LOT to do with SH's comeback. They challenge everything and when you do make a mistake, they are right there in a position to take advantage.

Candace, no offense but Scott cannot guard Montgomery one on one. Scott is a good defender but she isnt quite the stopper you make her out to be. I bet you are kin to her arent ya!!

Good game toppers. Science Hill and Tennessee High are clearly the top two in the big 9. Should be a good game friday. And Candace isnt it a little early to be crowning anyone mvp of anything just yet? Season is less than one month old. Chill hill-scott person, chill. :thumb:

Candace, no offense but Scott cannot guard Montgomery one on one. Scott is a good defender but she isnt quite the stopper you make her out to be. I bet you are kin to her arent ya!!

Good game toppers. Science Hill and Tennessee High are clearly the top two in the big 9. Should be a good game friday. And Candace isnt it a little early to be crowning anyone mvp of anything just yet? Season is less than one month old. Chill hill-scott person, chill. :P

No I'm not even close to being kin to Scott...just that I've followed this game for years and can point out the players that do the things on the court to make a difference. Like I said I've seen Montgomery play and she has a tendency to be out of control...but any way that is what CoachT is...just a place to voice opinons. Not crowning her just yet. Just want you to remember where you heard it. Kin....that would be funny...especially if she was a mixed girl. :lol:

DB got handled last night by TN High. (Of course that was NO surprise) A lot of people had these high expectations of DB and I'm disappointed in their play. Roger France will never be the kind of coach for DB, those girls need someone that we make them run the floor. The half court game that he plays, doesn't work.

Bright has done well over at TN High and had some excellent talent for years, but can TN High get out of the Regionals? Don't be surprised to see Boone slip up on the Big 9 come Fegruary. Tim Campbell will have those ladies ready. Barnwell, I think is very hard to figure out, he doesn't say anything negative concernng other teams and his style of play is simular to Pitts boys....play hard nose defense and run and gun. The top 3 will be TN High, SH and Boone. That probably will not change for a few years. But I'm still hesitate to put any of them up against Greenville...the rest of the IMAC's not a threat. Morristown West with smooth Johnny will NOT be a factor this year. Greenville has represented our region well in the State Tourney who will it be this year? :unsure:

Somebody give us the scoop on the Science Hill / Tennessee High game.

I read that the Lady Toppers outscored the Lady Vikings 20 - 2 in the 4th period...........................

:lol: YES They did outscore them.....What a game!!! You had to be at this game to appreciate it! Once again the Lady Toppers were relentless on defense. Oh I'm not going to talk about Ashley Scott, however when SH played man, Montgomery did nothing! SH went to some type of zone and it looked like a 2-3 at times or a 1-2-2, at anyrate TH looked confused and could not get anything going! Montgomery forced and forced shots all night long. Who really played well for TH was the big girl inside, SH did not have an answer for her and McMillan got in foul trouble early. Douglas was the key in the 4th quarter, when SH made a run and finished TH off. The calls were horrible for both sides but the game was really good. TN pressured SH and caused many turnovers, but could never finish them off. Hats off to both teams for making it a heck of a game! Looks like SH is for real...they have reclaimed the top spot and established themselves as the team to beat.