TFCA All State Announced

vandy1

The 2 PC players who made finished in the top ten in the state (not just in class A, in the entire state) for tackles (Robert Francis with 125) and interceptions (Derek Phillips with 7). If they didn't deserve it, who did?

And if Coach Bradley, who pretty much has had to do everything by himself, can find time to nominate his guys and vote, then none of the other coaches have an excuse not to.

Good post.......not much you could add to that one......straight to the point.

Hope you have a great season next year.....how many Sophmore and jrs will be starting next year?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesnt like it because its bogus. Not because he didnt make it. By the way ur beloved Vikings shouldnt have 2 players on the All-state team either. But hey congrats to them.

if they dont deserve then no one does.. derek phillips didnt play offense and still racked up over 700 all purpose yards of returns and int returns. never played a down of offense. francis also had interecptions, sacks, blocked field goals and punt blocks... do some homework before you down the vikings... boy.

sorry you didnt make it.

All this complaining sounds like one thing - sour grapes.

Don't worry. When your kids go to school, there won't be any football or dodgeball or other sports where someone could get their feelings hurt. Poor babies. They'll just hold hands and sing and tell each other how much they love each other.

Edited by Nedn1stgrade

A couple of things bother me about the negative posts on here. 1st, Why are teams limited to 2 nominations. I can't say for sure because I did not make the rule but I would believe it is because the coaches want an All-state team not a EAST, MIDDLE or WEST team that sometimes is the case with the TSWA. Second who, more than the coach knows if a kid is all-state caliber or not? Are you going to tell me that the sports writers know? I think not. When you do something like this, an all-state team, people are going to agree or disagree with the outcome. Bottomline is the process is solid, it is just that more coaches need to become involved in the nominating as well as voting. Every coach as I said earlier, not just the ones in the TFCA have the opportunity to be nominated. I will leave you with this everybody has an opinion and we all know the saying about that :), If you don't like the team or the way it is done then

a. If you are a coach, nominate your players and if you want go a step further and vote when the time comes

b. If you are a player, fan parent etc. Then go to your coach and refer to A or if you don't want to do that heck don't look at the team when it comes out.

Congrads to all those picked......Good job!

Good post. I dont give a rats butt how this list was compiled........there is not one single player listed that didnt earn a vote. No matter who voted.

All you crybabies keep in mind that the players on this list worked thier butts off to get some recognition. Guess what? They did, and they deserve it. Calling this award a joke means you are calling these young men a joke.

All of you call this award a joke, but you were all the first ones to click on the link and then whine about it. ;) Go figure.

Congrats to all the players selected, you wouldnt be on this list if you didnt desrve it. :)

Does the AP even have an All-State team any more? From what I have been told, You do not have to be a member of the TFCA to nominate your players for this team. All coaches that showed up Thursday night before the championship games were the only ones allowed to vote. Now my info came from two coaches that were at the meeting.

Boy the AP that's a good all-state team.Those sportswriters really know their stuff.LOL

The sports writer's are mostly from east Tn. do you think they know anything about a player from the westren part of the state.The ones in middle Tn don't even know the ones out of the Nashville private's.

Good post.......not much you could add to that one......straight to the point.

Hope you have a great season next year.....how many Sophmore and jrs will be starting next year?

Thanks! And thanks for the list of all region you posted earlier. As for PC, we had 4 or 5 freshman this year, and I think 3 sophomores, 5 juniors. The rest of the team will either be incoming freshmen, or kids who didn't play this year. There are several who have told me that they are going to play next year. We're trying to make PC a football county instead of a basketball county!

A couple of things bother me about the negative posts on here. 1st, Why are teams limited to 2 nominations. I can't say for sure because I did not make the rule but I would believe it is because the coaches want an All-state team not a EAST, MIDDLE or WEST team that sometimes is the case with the TSWA. Second who, more than the coach knows if a kid is all-state caliber or not? Are you going to tell me that the sports writers know? I think not. When you do something like this, an all-state team, people are going to agree or disagree with the outcome. Bottomline is the process is solid, it is just that more coaches need to become involved in the nominating as well as voting. Every coach as I said earlier, not just the ones in the TFCA have the opportunity to be nominated. I will leave you with this everybody has an opinion and we all know the saying about that :thumb:, If you don't like the team or the way it is done then

a. If you are a coach, nominate your players and if you want go a step further and vote when the time comes

b. If you are a player, fan parent etc. Then go to your coach and refer to A or if you don't want to do that heck don't look at the team when it comes out.

good post.

Thanks! And thanks for the list of all region you posted earlier. As for PC, we had 4 or 5 freshman this year, and I think 3 sophomores, 5 juniors. The rest of the team will either be incoming freshmen, or kids who didn't play this year. There are several who have told me that they are going to play next year. We're trying to make PC a football county instead of a basketball county!

Sounds like a young team......is this considered a rebuilding year.....or reloading?