Mt. Pleasant vs Lewis Co.

selectedgrain

I made a statement earlier today about both teams have to get better if they want to go deep into the playoffs, and that is true and I hope they both do, but all this riff raff could have been avoided if the head coach of LC would have took a knee with a minute left in the game with a two touchdown lead. By sticking it in and scoring that touchdown was uncalled for. If he would have took a knee like most coaches would have done in that situation then his kicker would not have had to kick off and had a bad kick look like an onside kick. From that point on it went from a great game to a nasty name calling frenzy that has rolled over into the message boards.. Everything could have been avoided if there would have been just a little better common sense used by LC head coach. Hope you didnt take that to hard, but that was just my observation. Good luck to both teams and let bothside have a little better sportsmanship. We public schools have to stick together. LOL. Just messin with ya FCS.

are you still crying over getting beat. your coaches beat the small schools to death all the way int the forth qtr. leaving marco in while others should be playing, your lucky that he put 2nd stringers in with only 1.30 to go after 9mo. of whiners like you thinking you could win. get a life he did not run the score up and it was a close game all the way into the 4th after he felt good he stuck 2nd string in... taking a kneee is just what he did !!! question is would your team of taken a knee?

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll there you you go he did get tackled by someone smaller then him and yeah!mp other backs was tip toeing to the line and it was sorry no excuse what game was you watching i am calling it like i see it and if you don't like it O we'll you Big Baby.

Let me help you here.....you seem to be having trouble with being accurate.

I think what you are trying to say is...instead of this "you don't like it O we'll you Big Baby" You might try this "Oh Well you big baby" . As you stated......I call it like I see it and if you don't like it, then I guess we have two points of view.. Someone said .....if a man has nothing intelligent or facts to bring to a debate...the only thing he has is to start insulting.....Looks like there could be some truth to that statement.

why not a subdivision for 1A and 2A, called 1A and 2A SOP, (scared of privates) and let them play for a golden nerf ball and happy meal coupons , and of course the championship should be broadcasted by the homer twins

Here's an idea...... a division for all the privates and them play for "The golden spoon" and broadcast it on C-span.

With Rosie O'donnel and Paris Hilton !......LOL

are you still crying over getting beat. your coaches beat the small schools to death all the way int the forth qtr. leaving marco in while others should be playing, your lucky that he put 2nd stringers in with only 1.30 to go after 9mo. of whiners like you thinking you could win. get a life he did not run the score up and it was a close game all the way into the 4th after he felt good he stuck 2nd string in... taking a kneee is just what he did !!! question is would your team of taken a knee?

No they don't leave Marco in during a blowout. How would you know anyway? I don't have any problem with the TD with 1:30 left. There is a 50 - 50 chance we would have taken a knee. We have done it before.

The only thing they did is about the same thing CW did to us last year. The same play over and over that gained them points and yards when they needed it, a little jet sweep out the weak end with a pulling guard. Everything else got practically no where.

Now that irks me. 2 other backs had 80 yards a piece, Borden and Daniel. Dixon had 218. Marco had the same yards as Dixon on twice the carries. MP ran the same play all night. Marco taking the snap on a QB draw and finding daylight.

MP got out coached Saturday night. LC held Marco in check, and Smith just kept running him over and over. Every once in a while someone would miss a tackle and he would break loose. Other than that I though LC defense was stifling. MP could have thrown short passes and timing routes all night. The one long TD pass was a busted coverage, but MP could have thrown to Gilbreath across the middle all night.

Getting Dailey out of the pocket more would have helped MP tons. But Smith kept trying to ride that QB draw. Even when it wasnt working. Dont tell me about running the same play over and over, when Marco had to have run the Draw 20 plus times in the second half. Which was all I saw.

All of you LC posters should keep in mind that Marco was Mr. Football finalist in 2005, won it last year, and maybe this year. So quit putting him down. You played one heck of a game, so have some CLASS. I could see some of your players mouthing him the entire second half. Some were patting him on the back with class, while some were jawing at him. If Marco snapped, he probably snapped because he felt he had let his team and fans down. This KID had a ton of pressure on him. Notice I said KID. You people should realise how hard he has worked to represent his school and town and he is only 17 years old.

You all keep mouthing that he is a joke, a midget, a thug, etc. He is a 17 year old high school student who has worked his butt off for four straight years, and earned my respect. Most of you are posting in retaliation to what a bunch of fans have hyped up on a web-site. I hope Marco doesnt read any of your crap.

LC......be proud of what you accomplished..................but be humble. Your coaches and players executed a great game plan against one of the top ranked 1A schools in the state.

Marco played 1/2 or less in almost every regular season game last year until the C'wood game.

Just to reflect on some comments on here as to how the MP fans have hyped Marco up beyond what is impossible for him to be. COACHES, parents and fans ruin sports for the athletes. I experienced this last week with my daughter, and I tell you it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth that will take a while to get out. I know it is something she will never forget. It's not something I'm going to discuss one these boards or coacht will have to shut them down. Maybe I'll go down to the jr high basketball board and start some talk. :D Anyway lets remember to not ruin things for these young men and women!!!

This all seems to be a lot to do about nothin it seems that everyone is blowing a game out of perspective. Both these teams have there whole season ahead, but instead of their fans looking forward (and I hope it is fans and not players) they are dwelling on a game that has been decided. What kind of example is this for the players and students to whine and name call when you lose or when you win were is the humbleness of a winner and the good sportsmanship of the loser. I know this game has been hyped all summer and that Marco has had his expectation blow so out of perspective that no one could obtain them but everyone should keep in mind that this is only one game and that these athletes no matter how talented are only still kids.

As for MTP I want to say that obviously you got beat big deal it happens let it go excuse or reasons as some may call them only make things worse. Your program has earned a lot of respect over the last couple years don't cheapin it with things like this take the game for what it is learn from it and get better.

LC congrats on the win, but not some of the attitude afterwards. I know you heard a lot of trash talk before the game, but keep in mind what you did on the field talks louder than anything you or anyone else can say verbally so leave it that there is no need to cheapin a victory by name calling and rubbing someone's face in it.

I hope both these schools have a sucessfull season and learn from this game

I made a statement earlier today about both teams have to get better if they want to go deep into the playoffs, and that is true and I hope they both do, but all this riff raff could have been avoided if the head coach of LC would have took a knee with a minute left in the game with a two touchdown lead. By sticking it in and scoring that touchdown was uncalled for. If he would have took a knee like most coaches would have done in that situation then his kicker would not have had to kick off and had a bad kick look like an onside kick. From that point on it went from a great game to a nasty name calling frenzy that has rolled over into the message boards.. Everything could have been avoided if there would have been just a little better common sense used by LC head coach. Hope you didnt take that to hard, but that was just my observation. Good luck to both teams and let bothside have a little better sportsmanship. We public schools have to stick together. LOL. Just messin with ya FCS.

Umm I dont think it was LC job to take a knee I think it was mTp job to stop them from scoring and as far as running a score up look back at last years scores and tell me mTp was noy running it up.mTp will have another shot next year if they run it up on LC it would be there fault for not stoping them.

Now that irks me. 2 other backs had 80 yards a piece, Borden and Daniel. Dixon had 218. Marco had the same yards as Dixon on twice the carries.

No disrespect intended Greeny. That line wasn't used to say that no-one else on CW or LC for that matter didn't participate or help run the ball, it was just to point out that play was the "money maker" so to speak producing the big runs that scored. Coach needs to set the defense up for that one, to spot it coming better. It's burnt us one too many times.