C. Coffee

HSDAD

You are a true wordsmith and I am no match to go to combat with you, sir. Maybe you and WV can go at it, if it's not too close to home. You obviously know your stuff as a big RED detail guy, and all I can say is thanks for the clarification of certain specifics, such as name, and weight differential on Robertson/Shuford.

Are you asking if I were awake or cognizant while making this last post? If so, we'll have to await the outcome. As far as the suggestion that Lettner picks up Coffee like Robertson did Shuford,,, probably not. That was said more to be funny than true opinion of the soms. Please, you may be a Shuford, as that is a BIG Baylor name over the years if I remember right, and I didn't mean to offend. BTW - Shuford impressed me actually at the Collins Hill match. Every point scored or not given up contributed to that big win.

:o

Good lord, soms. Robinson...Robertson... ROBERSON. R-O-B-E-R-S-O-N. If WrestleSBA is reading this thread he's probably had a stroke by now.

While you may not have known this up in Smyrna, knowing that Andy was light at the beginning of the season didn't require any insider info, which I don't have. In fact, someone--Walkenvol, perhaps--offered him kudos recently on this board for just that--wrestling way up at McCallie.

To my knowledge I share no blood with the Shufords or Walkenvol. How many folks here have you suggested are WV by now? Hundreds? But has anyone else managed this in their very first interaction with you? I'm mildly proud of this accomplishment. The criteria are simple enough: say something that might possibly be construed as at least mildly critical of you, have a name that might-could-perhaps-maybe has something to do with Baylor, and be otherwise unknown to you. I know WV by sight and through his innumerable posts only, but nothing I've observed in either place suggests that he would feel the least need or desire to not be direct with you, so just let it go.

I only bothered to respond to your post about Lettner because the analogy you drew with R-O-B-E-R-S-O-N and Shuford was so illogical that it came off as another of your passive aggressive slaps at Baylor. Normally I don't pay any attention to them, but this one seemed to risk gratuitously embarrassing a courageous kid wrestling two classes up. It's nice to know that wasn't your intention.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lord, soms. Robinson...Robertson... ROBERSON. R-O-B-E-R-S-O-N. If WrestleSBA is reading this thread he's probably had a stroke by now.

While you may not have known this up in Smyrna, knowing that Andy was light at the beginning of the season didn't require any insider info, which I don't have. In fact, someone--Walkenvol, perhaps--offered him kudos recently on this board for just that--wrestling way up at McCallie.

To my knowledge I share no blood with the Shufords or Walkenvol. How many folks here have you suggested are WV by now? Hundreds? But has anyone else managed this in their very first interaction with you? I'm mildly proud of this accomplishment. The criteria are simple enough: say something that might possibly be construed as at least mildly critical of you, have a name that might-could-perhaps-maybe has something to do with Baylor, and be otherwise unknown to you. I know WV by sight and through his innumerable posts only, but nothing I've observed in either place suggests that he would feel the least need or desire to not be direct with you, so just let it go.

I only bothered to respond to your post about Lettner because the analogy you drew with R-O-B-E-R-S-O-N and Shuford was so illogical that it came off as another of your passive aggressive slaps at Baylor. Normally I don't pay any attention to them, but this one seemed to risk gratuitously embarrassing a courageous kid wrestling two classes up. It's nice to know that wasn't your intention.

Again, may I suggest I was impressed that a kid would take on a big boy like Rober(t)son (thank you very much - all ready :o ) while being down some,,,, 30 pounds???. Didn't know this, but sure did appreciated what happened prior to the pin. Didn't mean to offend.

Never thought you were the vol. He does have exceptional command of our beautiful language (like you) and supports the same school, but that's as far as it goes in my mind, which may be A,D.D. or something. Ask WV, BB or Texas23 about it, they know more about it than I do. They may be already raising a trust fund to pay for professional help.

Now, Redblooded,,, You mention weight at Baylor,,, I have heard about the scales at Baylor at one time or another, but I'm sure they're cutting edge like the rest of the facilities over there and as a result one can confidently plug in kids without any risk or mis-judgement, like Shuford was a calculated move for Baylor. But again, that match ofShuford's against CH was impressive and a huge win for Baylor, for sure... Huge!!

Back to the topic... I predict Lettner wins by dec in regulation. :o

Now, Redblooded,,, You mention weight at Baylor,,, I have heard about the scales at Baylor at one time or another, but I'm sure they're cutting edge like the rest of the facilities over there and as a result one can confidently plug in kids without any risk or mis-judgement, like Shuford was a calculated move for Baylor.

Against my better judgement, but here I go anyway....

Radio - Please quit attempting to spread misinformation about Baylor. Unlike some of your beloved programs, the starting lineup is determined via wrestle offs. The WRESTLERS (not the coaches) determine the weight class in which they desire to challenge for a starting position. There are multiple wrestle offs scheduled throughout the season. One wins their way into the starting lineup as did Mr. Shuford at 189. Mr. Shuford along with all the other wrestlers are not pawns with which the coaches toy and manipulate to their liking. The coaches train (quite successfully) all 50+ wrestlers to maximize their abilities which has proven to be the core success of the Baylor program through the years. As a result, Baylor regularly has 1st year starters who are seniors (2 this year). Why do these young men plug away in a JV role for 3 years instead of giving it up? Because they have been treated and coached the same as if they were starting and they know they will get a fair shot to win a starting position each and every season. Can't you just push your grocery cart over to the Smyrna practice room? Maybe the new coach will let you fold the towels or wash the mats if you behave. At least then you could type about Smyrna - something with which you could have some first hand knowledge instead of these programs you dream about 200 miles away.

Radio - Please quit attempting to spread misinformation about Baylor. Unlike some of your beloved programs, the starting lineup is determined via wrestle offs. The WRESTLERS (not the coaches) determine the weight class in which they desire to challenge for a starting position. There are multiple wrestle offs scheduled throughout the season. One wins their way into the starting lineup as did Mr. Shuford at 189. Mr. Shuford along with all the other wrestlers are not pawns with which the coaches toy and manipulate to their liking. The coaches train (quite successfully) all 50+ wrestlers to maximize their abilities which has proven to be the core success of the Baylor program through the years. As a result, Baylor regularly has 1st year starters who are seniors (2 this year). Why do these young men plug away in a JV role for 3 years instead of giving it up? Because they have been treated and coached the same as if they were starting and they know they will get a fair shot to win a starting position each and every season. Can't you just push your grocery cart over to the Smyrna practice room? Maybe the new coach will let you fold the towels or wash the mats if you behave. At least then you could type about Smyrna - something with which you could have some first hand knowledge instead of these programs you dream about 200 miles away.

Finally, two weeks of boredom on Coacht has come to an end. Heck I was fittin to call out sissypipe and his long time live-in "friend " keefcakes. Thank you my friend WV, you have made an old man happy

bcb

LOL......push your grocery cart.....LOL...... :thumb:

Ummm.... No comment.

WV- It seems that some folks that post on this board have the ability to attend every practice at every school in East Tennessee. They also have seen every challenge match and know the inner workings of every coaching staff. You surely must appreciate this because it goes way beyond miraculous, it is a divine gift. If only we all were so blessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(not the coaches) determine the weight class in which they desire to challenge for a starting position. There are multiple wrestle offs scheduled throughout the season. One wins their way into the starting lineup as did Mr. Shuford at 189. Mr. Shuford along with all the other wrestlers are not pawns with which the coaches toy and manipulate to their liking. The coaches train (quite successfully) all 50+ wrestlers to maximize their abilities which has proven to be the core success of the Baylor program through the years. As a result, Baylor regularly has 1st year starters who are seniors (2 this year). Why do these young men plug away in a JV role for 3 years instead of giving it up? Because they have been treated and coached the same as if they were starting and they know they will get a fair shot to win a starting position each and every season.

Is Coffee wrestling for Baylor now :D:D

How did this turn into a Baylor Topic??? :lol:

WV- It seems that some folks that post on this board have the ability to attend every practice at every school in East Tennessee. They also have seen every challenge match and know the inner workings of every coaching staff. You surely must appreciate this because it goes way beyond miraculous, it is a divine gift. If only we all were so blessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't remember the last time I was over there, other than matches. Probably While the Vol was at East Ridge or Central, or where ever he was :lol: ; and I believe The Blue Raider76 was under Coach Jim Morgan, but not associated with Baylor at the time.

I was only referring (sarcastically) to what I have heard regarding scales and how they can transform from a pound or two over and then miraculously revert back about the time for weigh-ins. 30 pounds certainly wouldn't pose a problem there, but could for some others. Again, this is hear -say and NO,,, I havn't personally been there for any weigh-ins for 15 years or so.