Red Boiling Springs

muffin

Probably not. Too early to start giving you guys any of our secrets. Ha Ha

Usually the toruney does have a good showing. Just a down year I guess.

yeah same here... :o ...it was a down year for the tournament because lafayette didn't come, westmorland didn't and a few others that usually comes didn't...Maybe next year it will be different...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it, but I think it's time the Lady Dawgs start playing in other tournaments...such as the Midsouth Classic...and let the boys hold the Christmas Tournament for themselves. They would have excellent competition and not be far from home.

Actually I think RBS could work a little harder and start a little earlier to get more and better teams in their own tournament...It's tradition that both boys and girls are in that tournament, I know they would be better off playing in a bigger and better tournament, and I would say go on and drop it if their wasn't so much tradition in our tourney in RBS...

Swaney, you cannot drop the oldest tournament in the state,just to please others that say they should be playing a harder schedule.

Yeah I know, I was just saying that there is to much to tradition in that tournament you have to keep...What I was getting at if it wasn't as old as it is, if it had only been a tournament for a few years or so I would say drop it...But I want to keep that tournament...Usually it's a pretty good tournament that brings a lot of people...

Yeah I know, I was just saying that there is to much to tradition in that tournament you have to keep...What I was getting at if it wasn't as old as it is, if it had only been a tournament for a few years or so I would say drop it...But I want to keep that tournament...Usually it's a pretty good tournament that brings a lot of people...

i agree not to drop it but work it ,its now the worst tourney in the state and this would be a terrific place to get 11a & 12a teams playing teams from this area and make this an avent that has state wide reconition as a viable tourney.

Personally, I don't want to see it dropped either. If there were a way to play it a few days earlier so it did not coincide with so many of the other area tournaments. Not only do you have the Midsouth Classic during that time, but now Trousdale Co. is beginning to have a tournament. With so many new ones, it's hard to grab enough teams to field a decent-sized tournament. I just don't like seeing the girls only having two visiting teams while the boys have enough for a great pool-play tournament. It's very disappointing and I think our girls, coaches, and community deserve more than that.

i agree not to drop it but work it ,its now the worst tourney in the state and this would be a terrific place to get 11a & 12a teams playing teams from this area and make this an avent that has state wide reconition as a viable tourney. no tradition is better than bad tradition of having a lock for a home team championship

i agree not to drop it but work it ,its now the worst tourney in the state and this would be a terrific place to get 11a & 12a teams playing teams from this area and make this an avent that has state wide reconition as a viable tourney. no tradition is better than bad tradition of having a lock for a home team championship

11a and 12a teams will not come north to play,they like to stay on the southern border and beyond.

Personally, I don't want to see it dropped either. If there were a way to play it a few days earlier so it did not coincide with so many of the other area tournaments. Not only do you have the Midsouth Classic during that time, but now Trousdale Co. is beginning to have a tournament. With so many new ones, it's hard to grab enough teams to field a decent-sized tournament. I just don't like seeing the girls only having two visiting teams while the boys have enough for a great pool-play tournament. It's very disappointing and I think our girls, coaches, and community deserve more than that.

Good post and you're right on the money. You have one of the best girls teams in the state regardless of classification, why not play someone that can atleast make them break a sweat! I am in no way belittling the teams that came, i give them credit for coming to play a team like RBS to help themselves get better. I for one would much rather see a good game with the excitement of having the possibility that the other team "could" win if they play good. To not even have a consolation game is crazy but i realize that right now not alot of teams want to come to RBS to play the girls and for good reason. But surely some marginal AA and AAA teams would come out of Gallatin and surrounding areas don't you think? :ph34r:

Devil...I agree completely. It is so much harder these days to get girls teams to come to the tournament. But I do think we should make more of an effort to get some of the schools around Sumner Co., Robertson. Co. Davidson Co., or even a team or two from Southern Kentucky. Two major factors hurting our tournament are 1)More and Bigger Tournaments during that time and 2)Travel Time for other schools.

11a and 12a teams will not come north to play,they like to stay on the southern border and beyond.

And the reason they do is because it's 1 hour or less of travel as opposed to 2-3 hours of travel. I made the trip to Cookeville to watch our girls and you almost have to spend the night for it to make sense. I still vote for a tournament held at a location in between to make it better for everyone.... :ph34r: