Whitwell coach headed to Ridgeland, GA??

onemoretime

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the CA coach is interested in the job, he should send a resume to the school as soon as possible. I know that some people have already applied, but nobody has interviewed as of today. He can get in touch with the AD or Principal by calling 423-658-5141 between 7am and 4pm. Ask for Danny Parker or Mrs. Sydney Durham.

Was your baseball coach hired at Ridgeland last night or is the school board meeting tonight? Its all over except "the fat lady singing".

More money and baseball is the "real sport" in north Georgia. Hope he's ready for the change he is fixing to be welcomed to. He will not be the "golden boy coming home" at Ridgeland.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Del, once again rumors fly and you know where rumors usually land. The "officials" do not know what they are talking about. Why does Brad not want to stay at Grundy? They are a bigger school and get a lot more publicity than we do. Just to reconfirm my message, there has been no coach hired. We need one but haven't found one as of today.

Well I do know that half the staff at Grundy has applied for the job. Actually I know of three from GCHS.

Why do they want it? Simple. Pay. Marion County pays teachers more and they pay higher suppliments for coaches. The suppliments at Grundy are terrible and have been for years. An assistant is lucky to get $500 in some cases. The most any assistant gets is $1000. I've been told Marion's suppliments are a percentage of your pay...as much as 17%???

There are many within the system at Grundy that would like to change the suppliments and are trying but budget is budget.

Of course some of the reasons the guys would apply is to have a shot at a head coaching job. Of the three I've been told have applied none have been high school head coaches...unless Brad was before he came to the mountain.

Good luck to whoever gets the job but I'll root for a Grundy guy to get their first break and get it.

Del.