Whitwell coach headed to Ridgeland, GA??

onemoretime

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know we havent showed much this year.. but if yall do win... it wont be like last time...it will be a good game all the way through.. im glad you feel that you are good enough to be that cocky.. but bein too cocky, like ive said before, is a disadvantage... so dont take the whitwell game to lightly, or maybe it may be your last game as a junior..trust me.. it wont be a blow out

Since Boyd Baseball started trash talk and I'm not affiliated with either school, here's my 2 cents. Shouldn't Boyd beat every public school in single A. They are a recruiting D2 school that, unfortunately for community-based public A schools like Whitwell and Lookout Valley, plays in D1. Boyd's players live all over Chattanooga. It's hard for a group from one area (like Whitwell) to compete with a team made up from all over town. Look at who is in the final four in A. It's usually all private schools. I know this doesn't have anything to do with Coach leaving, but just wanted to say that Boyd's athletic programs made a vast improvement when Chattanooga city schools and Hamilton County schools merged. People were pulling their kids out of public schools left and right. Many ended up at Boyd because it is a good school that is much less expensive than Baylor and McCallie. I think Boyd is a good place with a fine athletic program ... but wanted to state my opinion since so much arrogance has come from them on coacht this year.

Guest wbooster

I know that the rumor is not a rumor and it is a shame to loose a coach like coach Holtcamp. However I feel like this is only the first of many changes at Whitwell unless the powers at be wake up and start appreciating the time and efffort that the coaches and those who contibute so much do. You can not have the attitude of saying o.k. if you do not want this job I will find someone who will. People and staff at Whitwell care deeply about their program but it seems that the powers at be do not. Someone should wake up and salvage all of the athletic programs while there is time left to do so.

I believe that Coach Holtcamp is choosing to leave on his own, and that nobody is asking him to leave. You might think, (and these are your words) that the powers to be are running him off but he was trying to keep it a secret until he had the job. He told several people about this, but the one person he should have had the courtesy to tell had to hear it from another teaacher. I don't have any problem with the coach looking for a better paying job, but he should be up front with his boss. The longer the "powers to be" have to wait, the harder it will be to find a first rate coach. But if anyone knows of a good baseball coach looking for a job,we will be willing to talk to him. He should also be willing to help coach football. If you know of another coach leaving, please reply to this e-mail. I'd be very interested to know.