Morristown East Football

BIGR35

Morristown East had a very good 2006 season. They have alot of returning

players, and have a very good freshman class coming up. Morristown West is

still top dog in the five river conf.( East lost to them 2 times in 2006 season)I

think East has a shot of beating Morristown West in 2007. Morristown East had

problem all year stopping a power running team.( Jefferson Co. Morristown West

knox Carter) East was really young up front, and with another good year of weight training. East defense should be very good in 2007. The defense returns

9 or 10 starters. Morristown East now has a Coach ( Hatcher) that can get East

to the next level. 1st we got to beat Morristown West, Then we can take our shot

at Maryville. What do people think?

Note: I think the 2007 playoff will sent Maryville to Morristown for semi

game. Will it be West or East Maryville is playing?( Morristown will have

the new turf field by than)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The D:

They do have 10 starters returning on D. They lose Seth Ewing to graduation. The Secondary that was very young(mostly Sophomores) really improved and played very well against SS wich was a pass oriented team in the playoffs. Richard Montes and Demarcus Knight return at LB both made all region last year. Pat Johnson DL also made all region and will return Along side Rusty Murdock and John Thompson whom made Honorable mention. Jeremy Jones could move to offense after making all region as a DB.

Offense:

The O line losses a few key guys like Snowden(all con) and Ray(all state). C Seth Biggs will be gone as well. Coach Cassell whom did a great job last season will have Jaco Mills(hon mention) returning and will have some holes to fill. Shane Hux (jr.) will be a big contributor and I think the O line will be OK.

The QB position is a toss up. Barnett had an auto accident and may miss spring and Tyler Turner will have shoulder surgery and may miss spring as well. They may give So. Tee Howell a look at least during the spring. Terrell Dockery(all state) will be back at a wing and Jeremy Jones whom looked very good on offense will get some action as well. The FB position is a toss up too. Mosiers shoes will be hard to fill. Brandon Coffey(jr)Matt Helton(so.) may compete or Demarcus Knight could move over from LB to give it a shot. I really think Seals wants to keep Knight on the D side of the ball due to how he really came on at the end of the season and playoffs. WR..???????????

In all, I think East will not break the school records set on offense last year and will probably score fewer points but will have a better D to help out. I predict 8-2.

8-2 is a good, really good for 2007. If all the pcs fall into place, East could do

better than 8-2. I still think we have a good shot of playing Maryville in the 4round

of the playoff. Coach Seal need to find somemore help in the middle of that

defense line.( Morristown West & Jeffreson Co. ran right over the center all game

long)Offense will be ok, We got to get better against the run if we want another

State crown.

Be careful. You guys are starting to sound like some on the DB football board by predicting the 4th round against Maryville and its not even Christmas yet. You better worry about winning the conference first. Ask Waco and he can tell you not to count your chickens before they hatch.

I agree that East should be good again next year but I wouldn't hardly pick the Semifinals yet.

I think you guys are definitely to be considered top three in the conference at this point and more likely #1 or #2. A lot can happen in the offseason ( players in trouble, transfers, coaching changes, injuries, etc. ) Too early to tell much but I agree that the 2007 football season should already have started for anyone seriously trying to make the playoffs. Strength training is critical. Some of these schools looking for a coach have a very short time to pick one if they want to go anywhere in November.

Merry Christmas to all in MoTown!!!