Jefferson County 2007

Topgun

Looks like there may be more players this year than last. A meeting was held a few weeks ago for students interested in playing next year and about 30+ showed up. This meeting was for new players only. Not those already on the roster.

I know this will disappoint Jeff's opponents as they have taken delite in the low numbers. Lets hope these numbers will stay up and everyone can stay motivated. Returning players have already been in the weight room. I hope they can get a strong weight program going this year. (No pun intended) For the size of the team, their strength stats were not too impressive.

The law suit which is in its second year now, was pushed up to have a appeals ruling (according to the Knox News papar) before spring practice starts. Spring practice is right around the corner and still no word. It will be nice to get this over with once and for all. Heck divorces, coperate mergers, presidential elections, wars, etc... don't take this long.

No word on any coaching reassignments, replacements, etc... Jeff has lost at least one coach the past two years. Moving on to better positions.

Hopefully this will be a turn around year.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like there may be more players this year than last. A meeting was held a few weeks ago for students interested in playing next year and about 30+ showed up. This meeting was for new players only. Not those already on the roster.

I know this will disappoint Jeff's opponents as they have taken delite in the low numbers. Lets hope these numbers will stay up and everyone can stay motivated. Returning players have already been in the weight room. I hope they can get a strong weight program going this year. (No pun intended) For the size of the team, their strength stats were not too impressive.

The law suit which is in its second year now, was pushed up to have a appeals ruling (according to the Knox News papar) before spring practice starts. Spring practice is right around the corner and still no word. It will be nice to get this over with once and for all. Heck divorces, coperate mergers, presidential elections, wars, etc... don't take this long.

No word on any coaching reassignments, replacements, etc... Jeff has lost at least one coach the past two years. Moving on to better positions.

We will just have to wait and see. I have to be a little optimistic because we have so many returning starters and we were really a young team last year, plus I have heard many players/parents mention that their son is talking about coming back out for football. I have also heard a few players say they would love to play again but just won't play for coach U, so some good news and some bad.

Topgun - keep an eye on that 30+ players and lets see if the number dwindles. I did talk to a current player a few days ago and they had 6 players show up for weightlifting. which was the day after school was out for Christmas break. I would expect the number would be down but not that far down. I agree that the current football players need to see some major improvements in speed and strength before next season, so let's hope the coaching staff can keep the new and old guys motivated and working hard. It is hard to survive 5A ball with 40 players, but if they are well conditioned, motivated, and good players you can be pretty successful, assuming the leadership is there as well. Keep us posted.

Coach needs someone who JC has a real good chance of beating. You know make the over all record look good. ^_^

Is that a problem?? Hasn't Cocke Co been a long time rival of Jeff Co ?

Considering the current state of the Jeff program, I think it is very wise to play them vs OR. The conf. schedule is tough enough.

Next years team should go 7-3 at the min. and make the playoffs.

Considering the current state of the Jeff program, I think it is very wise to play them vs OR. The conf. schedule is tough enough.

The biggest games for JCHS are Kingsport and Sevier Co., both region games, and seems like we can't beat mediocre teams like Karns and Science Hill. As far as some teams we need to play to beat, we do have Campbell Co. Looks like Greeneville is back on the schedule. TN high would have been a good team to play. It would have given a team the boys have never played and it would give them a chance to play at the CASTLE. 7-3 and go to the playoffs? YOU'RE DREAMIN' !!!

Once we dropped 60+ on them I assumed that was the end of any rivalry we might have had. Cocke Co hasn`t been what they use to be in a LOOOOOOONG time. I`m interested in hearing what teams you think our 7 wins will be against.

Any given day!!! Thats why you play the game. A few of the seven would be: Cocke County, Greeneville, Campbell Co, Mo East, Karns, Science Hill. And last but not least-Mo West. Yes thats right. If we have the numbers where we can keep fresh players on the field we can beat them. This year when we played them they were tapping out after just 2 or 3 plays. We hung on the first half and got tired and sloppy the second. Yes thats right Mo West.

Cocke Co hasn`t been what they use to be in a LOOOOOOONG time.

Neither has Jefferson County, really.

I'm sure both coaches know this game is much better for them and their programs.

For Jefferson County a Cocke County is better for them than an Oak Ridge.

For Cocke County, a Jefferson County is better for them than 3A Top 10 Carter.

Knowing both ADs at Both schools, they both go way back to when Kisabeth was on Williams' staff at CCHS in the early 1980s. These guys want the schools to play, I'm sure......plus they are aware of the above two points.

and I'm sure Euverard and Crawford coaching against each other in the mid-state and working camps and getting to know each other made this an even easier move for the schools.

Most folks in Cocke County are tremendously excited about adding Jefferson County back to the schedule....