Openings at Hixson and Chatt. Central

FBFan2001

You have some great folks in the Harrison area. We loved our 4 years in that community and my son was a member of some great football and Base Ball teams while we lived there(95-99).

High Schools change the names of their mascots all the time. Maybe a major change in needed at Central.

He would have been a part of that 2003 football team if we had stayed in the area.

However, like lots of good athelets from that area he was already getting hints by other parents to go to some of the D-II programs in the area.

Chat Central is a mess from folks I have talked to. I hate to hear that but it happens.

I hope you can find a man who can step up to the challenage!

MIGHT WANT TO CHANGE THE NAME TO " THUG CENTRAL" :lol:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never stated that coach campell could not coach, all i said was that we neede a coach like our COACH. As far as the past you can believe what you want, we all now what really happened!

As far as teaching young boys to be men I can list a least 25 boys that would have never even finished high school much less graduated if it had not been for coachs influence on them. He was a teacher,coach, father figure and mentor to alot of young men wether they played or not. And best of all win lose or draw everyday he would tell us that he "Loved US" and explain why.

As a side note myself and several of the older players still commicate with coach, and his still motivates all of us. So talk whatever trash you want to belive about the past, but the truth is until we get another coach that can motivate and pull people together like coach did, Central will continue to loss, and it hurts me to say that. As coach used to say Big time players make big time plays in big time ball games, well its time for someone to step up!

Thats funny you guys are talking him up like this, because I know for a fact all this happened. I can name a lot of guys who didnt graduate and more he didnt help get into college that could have went. Central will win, because they have the right attitude. They had one good year under Jones, thats all. The team after the good team left was a waiste, because they were better and he lost control. He didnt care. Bo Campbell was a darn good coach. He has done a lot, and I mean alot for this program. Example, the new field house which he pushed for and got the donation. I liked Jones as a person, but he failed as a coach. He took, and believe me there were a lot more of the players hurt because of what he did than there were of him leaving.

Coach Norwood, Lets put things like they are. Coach Jones put you in the position that you are in. When none of the players wanted to believe in you, coach is the one that said they should. You are a great man and an even better coach. We all know why coaches last year went the way that it did. First off coach campell had his own agenda, that is why the stink got started, coach campell played up to the effect that the QB club presidents son should have started and played in front of Brent. When that did not happen the sh** hit the fan.. Coach Campell was in it together with the people that ran coach jones off.

I know that you are close to the situation, but the one thing being overlooked is that we won under coach jones and the program did not win before or after he left.

with that being said of all people I would think that you would be more for jones.

Just to name a few players Despaux was signed and left UTM on his own accord. Medlock had many oppurtunities to play at the sub DI level but chose not too, weiss is playing at DIII school and won several rings, chris geter had the oppurtunity to go to UTC and chose not too. Austin could have gone where he wanted to until he screwed up his sr. year. Ryan merriman could have walked on at UTC. Robert "mookie" woods and Branden "odog" odem walked on at Marshal.

Davenport would have never graduated if not for jones, plus at least 20 more.

please do not get me started about what jones could have done, if all of us put as much passion in as he did all of the above mentioned would still be playing.

by the way in case you are wondering I decided not to play my sr. year. so you never coached me.

Gump, Coach Norwood is a great coach, and a better one without Coach Jones. At least he know about morals. He doesn't lie, steal, cheat on his wife, etc. like Jones did. You are an idiot if you believe Coach Campbell had his own agenda. He backed Jones till the end. As a matter of fact, I heard he still talks to him at times to see how he and his family is doing. You won under jones because you had athletes and Coach Campbell came to help the year Central went so far. Despaux went to Martin on his own, Medlock was to small to get a scholarship at the D1 level, Beau Weiss is doing well at Bethel (I heard that Coach Campbell goes to some of his games to support him), Chris Geter was not good enough to play at UTC, Mookie and Odom couldn't make it at Marshall, and by the way, Davenport would have signed a D1 scholarship if Jones would have made him make the grades. He graduated from Adult High School without Jones' help. And last, I am a Central Graduate who actually played football all 4 years and didn't quit. I guess if you had the passion that you said Coach Jones had, you wouldn't have quit your senior year. The more you post on this, the worse you make our school look.

Let's forget about the past and talk about our future. I heard that they are in the process of conducting the interviews. Does anyone know who has interviewed? I am looking forward to seeing who will be our next head football coach.

I think we should offer Ooltewah a basketball coach for one of their football coachs, seems like a fair trade to me. If not then WHO are some of the candidates?

Coach Norwood, Lets put things like they are. Coach Jones put you in the position that you are in. When none of the players wanted to believe in you, coach is the one that said they should. You are a great man and an even better coach. We all know why coaches last year went the way that it did. First off coach campell had his own agenda, that is why the stink got started, coach campell played up to the effect that the QB club presidents son should have started and played in front of Brent. When that did not happen the sh** hit the fan.. Coach Campell was in it together with the people that ran coach jones off.

I know that you are close to the situation, but the one thing being overlooked is that we won under coach jones and the program did not win before or after he left.

with that being said of all people I would think that you would be more for jones.

Just to name a few players Despaux was signed and left UTM on his own accord. Medlock had many oppurtunities to play at the sub DI level but chose not too, weiss is playing at DIII school and won several rings, chris geter had the oppurtunity to go to UTC and chose not too. Austin could have gone where he wanted to until he screwed up his sr. year. Ryan merriman could have walked on at UTC. Robert "mookie" woods and Branden "odog" odem walked on at Marshal.

Davenport would have never graduated if not for jones, plus at least 20 more.

please do not get me started about what jones could have done, if all of us put as much passion in as he did all of the above mentioned would still be playing.

by the way in case you are wondering I decided not to play my sr. year. so you never coached me.

I know a coach Norwood, but you dont know me. I heard he quit coaching a year ago. I went to high school in Huntsville Alabama. I do know Jones, Campbell, and some other area coaches. I just know the story. Sorry, but you dont know me.

from what i hear, cenrtal is hiring ooltewah's basketball coach for football. ooltewah will fire him, he will be available, :thumb: isnt tolerated at ooltewah. 1st class school

We don't want that kind at Central. Nobody at Ooltewah has the guts to do the right thing and fire him, they will only remove him as the coach and make the new superintendant fire him. Then you will say that was racial to.