Hey Rigger...

ddb-76

Between him this year, and Nick last year head to head I have no doubt that Letner beats him.

:rolleyes:<_< Now that's funny!!!!

He better worry about Frankie Morgan and Coffee and Shane Reveiz and a few others.

IMHO-The State Championship match was between Meriteh of ND and Reveiz last year.

If I remember correctly didn't Nick Reveiz beat Letner at SD Tourney and State? How many times did he have to beat the kid. Didn't the ND 215 beat Letner last year also.

Not my fight but lettner is no Nick Reveiz.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok since you can't read I will help U out!!!

I don't remember when Lettner and Coffee ever wrestled can someone help me out here? I don't remember them getting together last year.

QUOTE(RonMexico @ Dec 5 2006 - 09:41 AM)

last year at the Brentwood Tourny Courtney finished first. I think Courtney and Letner was in the championship and Courntey dominated him.

Also you made a stupid statement like winning McCallie and the Oviedo tourney was not impressive

I said "Then you're easily impressed!

I made cheap shots like that when I was about 13. I hope you’re not older than that.

However, joking aside he should the favorite to win State, he has the biggest advantage going into state. The comp does not have the quality training partner's that Mr L has or Rabbit to get them ready. IMHO- the other top 215lb comp are as good or better athelets but being at SD gives L the advantage."

yet you said, "Of course winning the Bradley and Knox Cath is on the path to showing the right stuff."-for another wrestling. I am sorry but those two tournaments are not at the same level as McCallie and Oviedo.

Wow, I always thought the Bradley Tourney was 1st class. Sorry U don't.

It seems you harp on here all the time about How good Nicki Reviez was and he is a stud especially for not wrestling but a few years. Very True but He didn't beat Matt like a drum last year in the finals. You can say that was because Matt wrestled very defensively but I did not see Nick make huge strikes to put himself out there either. I'm not on here praising Matt Letner for being the next best thing since sliced bread "R U Sure" he is a very good wrestler as are the three other guys we will have to face to win his first state championship. 2 of which have 3 titles between themselves.

This is the only statement I can recollect you ever saying a decent positive about Matt, "Until he beats Letner or Coffee that's up for debate.

What I said in reply to another post "

frankie morgan from union county is the best 215.he won the bradley tourney if y'all don't remember

Until he beats Letner or Coffee that's up for debate. If Reveiz can get the

"Eye of the Tiger" Frankie might not win his own Region!"

Of course winning the Bradley and Knox Cath is on the path to showing the right stuff

" Even then he's grouped with someone and the rest of the time is he's not impressive, " no where in all my post did I say this" and he wrestles defensively. Between him this year, and Nick last year head to head I have no doubt that Letner beats him.

If the bracket fall's out as described Lettner looks like he get's very little credit for being a 215 State Finalist. Since Coffee beat him head to head last year it's not debatable but D-II State Tourney is a different animal from D-I.

Does anyone know if any of the top 3 young men will have a chance to face each other prior to state?

Good answer Double Trouble. I learned long time ago not to bash someone's child. Saying he dosn't have the Wow factor is not bashing just an opinion.

I found out about Coacht a few years ago because someone was bashing one of my sons.

So C kid........................get your facts stright and learn how to use the search capabilities of CoachT before you make false statements or try to read into them. If I thought Mr L was not a good 215 I would not have wrote that I thought it was unfair that he would not get the # 1 or 2 spot at state if all 3 top guy's stay undefeated.

The SD community is a great one that I enjoyed competing against when I lived in Chattanooga. When my son went to Senior Nationals, he trained a few times at the SD wrestling room and has the highest respect for the coaches.

So again I'm not bashing Mr. L but I have seen 3 of the last 6 215lb state Champions come out of the FHS program and I am allowed to have an opinion about wrestling styles.

You seam to have plenty yourself. The way U protest on here U must have your on doubts!!!!!!

Currently the rankings have MR L @ #2. I guess that's my fault also!!!

See U at State.

Edited by rigger101

Also Letner beat Meredith last year too. Sorry but that does not pass water. Not sure if they wrestled at Soddy or not last year. Went to the tourney just to many matches since than. Also my post is Nick last year(Senior) vs Letner this year(Senior) would be a very good match in which I think Letner would beat Nicki. Have you even watched Letner wrestler this year in person? Nick was very good I will give him his due, but the hard work that Matt has done this year has paid off. Again not saying he beats Coffee or Morgan but darn sure it would be better than a match last year. And if you want to look at common opponents from last year. At Father Ryan Davis Dempsey gets beat 8-7 by Reviez, gets stuck by Coffee. Also what happened to Nick wheres he at?

Also Letner beat Meredith last year too. Sorry but that does not pass water. Not sure if they wrestled at Soddy or not last year. Went to the tourney just to many matches since than. Also my post is Nick last year(Senior) vs Letner this year(Senior) would be a very good match in which I think Letner would beat Nicki. Have you even watched Letner wrestler this year in person? Nick was very good I will give him his due, but the hard work that Matt has done this year has paid off. Again not saying he beats Coffee or Morgan but darn sure it would be better than a match last year. And if you want to look at common opponents from last year. At Father Ryan Davis Dempsey gets beat 8-7 by Reviez, gets stuck by Coffee. Also what happened to Nick wheres he at?

Nicks at UT playing football!

Also, he was undefeated his Senior year. The kid that stuck him hs Jr year was Merideth. His first Tourney of the season. He made up for that loss his Senior year.

Where is Matt going?

Congrats to Matt on a great year. Yes, I watched him at Slamfest more than once.

He's powerful and has great technique.

Dempsey was beat by or JV 215 the year prior. That Match against Reviez last year was a fluke. U had to be there to understand.

But didn't Demsey do as good as Matt in D-II? Yes, he placed 2nd also.

Edited by rigger101

Football UT at Knoxville

From your previous quote, "Coffee won the Brentwood Tourney" - That was not the GP West/Brentwood Tourney- Meredith (ND) defeated Lettner (SD) 5-3. Pope John Paul did not wrestle in that tournament last year.

From your previous quote, "Coffee won the Brentwood Tourney" - That was not the GP West/Brentwood Tourney- Meredith (ND) defeated Lettner (SD) 5-3. Pope John Paul did not wrestle in that tournament last year.

RonMexico- gave out the bad info on Coffee vs Lettner. I just stated what he said. Not my quote..

However, thanks for the correct info.

Ckid8- Nick pinned the majority of his victims in less than a min with one of the best double legs I've seen. Hi pinned his 1st 2 kids at state in less than a min. Then the kid who placed 5th lasted: 37 scds. He beat Meredith who he had lost to the year prior and then beat Matt.

These were the top young men in the State. I think his undefeated Sr year and 2 X State Championships stand on their own.

Again for a kid who never had been on a mat prior to his Soph year and to end up 2nd in the region is a great feat. To become a State Champion with approx 4 mo's of wrestling experience is something few young men is this State have accomplished.

So if I hold Nick Reveiz in high regard you're correct.

The same reasons U think the world of Matt Lettner are probably the same as mine about Nick.

Nick was an outstanding football player, leader on both the football field and mat, showed great heart and determination and just a nice young man.

From what I have read, Matt has many of the same qualities.

It will all be settled on the Mats. I just hope that Lettner gets the respect at State for being the defending D-I State finalist. If some of the prior post or correct it looks like he will be put at 3rd at state if Morgan and Coffee win their regions.

Now if U want to get mad about something. That's a slap against a good wrestler.

CK8-did u ever see Eric Watkins the 2001 215lb state champ? His style for pinning his victims is similar to Matt Lettner.

Edited by rigger101

Or the year before when Letner won over Uri Hansen I don't think those two have ever wrestled PJP2 were never at many tournaments in which Soddy wrestled at. Wasn't me who said it

Sorry your ability at inserting quotes from other posts is much greater than mine, I see now where you had copied the quote from another poster. I apologize.

Having ran many tournaments over the past several years, 215 will be a great weight to watch come tournament time. All of the athletes mentioned in this and other posts concerning this weight class are quite capable of winning a state championship.

Much time is spent on these boards talking up or down different wrestlers, however we all know that what happens on the mat is truly the most important and final.

We all need to remember that all of the wrestlers that are brought up on these boards spend alot of effort, time and desire to compete at the highest levels. So with that in mind we need to be careful how we talk about them, each of them are important to their team and even more so to their families.

Sorry your ability at inserting quotes from other posts is much greater than mine, I see now where you had copied the quote from another poster. I apologize.

Having ran many tournaments over the past several years, 215 will be a great weight to watch come tournament time. All of the athletes mentioned in this and other posts concerning this weight class are quite capable of winning a state championship.

Much time is spent on these boards talking up or down different wrestlers, however we all know that what happens on the mat is truly the most important and final.

We all need to remember that all of the wrestlers that are brought up on these boards spend alot of effort, time and desire to compete at the highest levels. So with that in mind we need to be careful how we talk about them, each of them are important to their team and even more so to their families.

I agree, and defer to your wisdom! :D

I agree also. Rigger forgive me for picking on you to much on here. I also agree that Nick was a very good wrestler and probably even better football player. Same might also be said about Matt. Lots of the same qualities between the two. I do hate that Matt will most likely be a 3rd seed but as said many times before. You have to beat the best to be the best. Not matter if he is the 2,3,or 4 seed in the state he has a VERY tough class of wrestlers to beat.

Also I do remember Eric Watkins watched him wrestle many times does Matt does remind me of him. Of course this will be one of the best 215 pound classes in a while. Nick Breeden couldn't repeat his senior year that was a heck of a class in 1997 as stated earlier. Breeden, Satterfield, and Bartholomew. We have had some very excellent wrestlers at 215 over the years. Since it started in 1995.

I agree also. Rigger forgive me for picking on you to much on here. I also agree that Nick was a very good wrestler and probably even better football player. Same might also be said about Matt. Lots of the same qualities between the two. I do hate that Matt will most likely be a 3rd seed but as said many times before. You have to beat the best to be the best. Not matter if he is the 2,3,or 4 seed in the state he has a VERY tough class of wrestlers to beat.

Also I do remember Eric Watkins watched him wrestle many times does Matt does remind me of him. Of course this will be one of the best 215 pound classes in a while. Nick Breeden couldn't repeat his senior year that was a heck of a class in 1997 as stated earlier. Breeden, Satterfield, and Bartholomew. We have had some very excellent wrestlers at 215 over the years. Since it started in 1995.