9AAA the best in midstate

14pioneers

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe i said Coach Brandon out coached Fryer.....Dont get me wrong Fryer is a good coach which i have stated but isnt it about time people start giving Bud and his staff some credit. Jenkins has become an outstanding player under Coach Brandons watch. Its just not right for all of you MJ fans to continue to not give the WC staff credit yes they have been blessed with a great amount of talent......guess what so has MJ you cant win without talent. The WC staff has developed and built great players over the years. Everytime MJ beats WC its because Fryer outcoached Brandon....Well i guess that means in this case Brandon out coached Fryer. And for all of you MJ fans to keep acting like your team is lucky to get this far and that it is unexpected is laughable you should be here you have just as much talent as anyone this year.

Mailman, i know who you are, and you know me. I love you man but your crazy when it comes to brandon's coaching ability. All he knows to do is to give it to jenkins in a time of need, same way with Gassie (my girl) a few years back. Why do you think he has his dad with him, becuase he needs help.

Good to hear from you WCplaya22, but ill say this in a time of need you do put the ball in the hands of your top player (Jenkins now and Gassie before her) All Head coaches have assistant coaches that they rely on for help. Everyone knows that Coach Campbell is a very important piece of WC basketball. Probably the best assistant coach in the state!

Tonights game can be summed up in a few words...poor effort. It appeared as if thier was no drive or heart out their for WC. This is probably just an off night and im sure the girls will be back and ready when tuesday rolls around. As for what has been said by quiesedba WC usually has a strong post advantage over the teams it plays tonight it did not, Smyrna has two very capable post players. WC must learn from tonights game and go foward. Gallatin will be a tough team to beat but im sure the staff will have the girls ready to go. Its to early to label WC a sinking ship i wouldnt say they are struggling just an off night pleanty of time to correct the problems. Congrats to smyrna on a very hard fought victory.

Couldn't agree more.

Mailman has gone postal. :lol: All I can say is quote, "Give it to Gassie, Give it to Gassie, Give it to Gassie...!!" For 32 minutes and all the overtimes a few years back. Come to think of it, that was probably good coaching. :thumb:

If my memory serves me correctly which most of the time it does, doesn't Wilson Central carry a 6-1 post-season record vs. Mount Juliet since WC opened its doors in 2001. So, maybe, just MAYBE, I would have to give Bud the edge on Fryer whether people like it or not. History shows that when the going gets tough, MJ has struggled. Even the year they (MJ) won the State, Central got the best of them when given the opportunity to a MJ team who was Nationally ranked #2 rising to #1 on the night they lost to Central. So if its me and I go by proven stats on paper, the edge goes to WC. If someone argues with that, well, then you must be really stubborn. ;)

If my memory serves me correctly which most of the time it does, doesn't Wilson Central carry a 6-1 post-season record vs. Mount Juliet since WC opened its doors in 2001. So, maybe, just MAYBE, I would have to give Bud the edge on Fryer whether people like it or not. History shows that when the going gets tough, MJ has struggled. Even the year they (MJ) won the State, Central got the best of them when given the opportunity to a MJ team who was Nationally ranked #2 rising to #1 on the night they lost to Central. So if its me and I go by proven stats on paper, the edge goes to WC. If someone argues with that, well, then you must be really stubborn. :thumb:

While you are at it - since you don't want to look at the total record - why don't you give us the WC record on games played on Tuesdays during a full moon or Fridays when it rains, or on MJ's court (oops we already know that one don't we)...sounds like someone in the Glade needs a hug...

While you are at it - since you don't want to look at the total record - why don't you give us the WC record on games played on Tuesdays during a full moon or Fridays when it rains, or on MJ's court (oops we already know that one don't we)...sounds like someone in the Glade needs a hug...

you're the one feeling sensitive.... tournaments count, regular season doesn't.... last i checked, how many state championship trophies are given at the end of the regular season????????? :thumb:

Its all about the postseason....everyone knows that. WC has had a great record agianst MJ in the postseason. Ill give MJ a win every year at the Cave as long as we when at districts and region(and who knows maybe state this year). Silk im glad you brought up that win at regions when MJ won the state championship that was one of my favorite games ever. Yeah coaches and programs are judged by the postseason so far Bud Brandon has had a great postseason record at WC.....and a great head to head record in the postseason with Fryer.