Curt Masters needs to go

Bold Eagle

Curt Masters needs to go. He does not have a clue as to what BA is about. Yes, he is the Headmaster, but he is not a BA guy. Brentwood Academy use to be about family, everyone knew everyone. Nothing against Coach Potter, but this job should have went to a BA guy. Someone that knows the tradition like the back of their hand. Masters wanted to get away from the power of Coach Flatt and anyone that was taught by him. Now, Masters has all of the power (although a certain individual has major influence), it is truely sad. I can't help but to pull for BA, it is in my blood, but I will rejoice when Mr. Mathews, I mean Masters is gone. By the way Brandon P. 100, what gives? At first, you were all over Coach Rector, now Potter is your man? THIS JOB SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN THE BA FAMILY.

Curt Masters needs to go. He does not have a clue as to what BA is about. Yes, he is the Headmaster, but he is not a BA guy. Brentwood Academy use to be about family, everyone knew everyone. Nothing against Coach Potter, but this job should have went to a BA guy. Someone that knows the tradition like the back of their hand. Masters wanted to get away from the power of Coach Flatt and anyone that was taught by him. Now, Masters has all of the power (although a certain individual has major influence), it is truely sad. I can't help but to pull for BA, it is in my blood, but I will rejoice when Mr. Mathews, I mean Masters is gone. By the way Brandon P. 100, what gives? At first, you were all over Coach Rector, now Potter is your man? THIS JOB SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN THE BA FAMILY.

You are trying to get my approval, but no........What BA says is what BA says........I approve......BA is more of a family now than it was when I was there in the late 70's-80's......no disrespect from Headmaster Brown, but it is more accomodating now as far as a parent just being there than ever.........Kids have the ability to welcome the players to the field before and after the game.......you can go onto the field...(which I have taken my own non-BA children to see the atmosphere) after the game, and just see how the parents and student body are welcomed.....as a past player, it actually has brought emotions from me..no way was this ever allowed 25 years ago......Yes, I wanted coach Rector, but he was not chosen. You have one post on this site, so I believe you are either a lurker.......or someone who has a post, but has no backbone to say who he is (because you have another name on Coacht) or you are trying to destroy this post. Other than Kent Austin (BA QB, Ole Miss, NFL player, CFL Head Coach and CFL Grey Cup MVP), there was no one as qualified. Coach Brothers graduated with my brother, Jason....(All-State WR and 2 time state long jump champion, state decathlon champ, All-American Decathlete at Texas.....etc....STILL the long jump record holder at BA for 18 years....... I have my own stuff at BA...) Jeff will build a great program at JPII. No one else INSIDE was the man..... Edited by Brandon100

You are trying to get my approval, but no........What BA says is what BA says........I approve......Yes, I wanted coach Rector, but he was not chosen. You have one post on this site, so I believe you are either a lurker.......or someone who has a post, but has no backbone to say who he is (because you have another name on Coacht) or you are trying to destroy this post. Other than Kent Austin (CFL Head Coach), there was no one qualified. Coach Brothers graduated with my brother, Jason....(mind you.....All-State WR and 2 time state long jump champion, state decathlon champ, etc.... I have my own stuff at BA.....) Jeff will build a great prgram at JPII. No one else INSIDE was the man.....

Just as soft as you were @ BA, still living through your brother I see. Curt Masters is a joke. He won't be there long.

Just as soft as you were @ BA, still living through your brother I see. Curt Masters is a joke. He won't be there long.

Yeah....right......25 years ago (1/4 of a century ago?!?!?) :) You don't know me.......Curt (BA's Headmaster) will be there as long as he wants..he is from what I see, a great man...Go back to your name BEFORE "Bold Eagle" that joined on 01/01/2007 with one post....IF you have been here at all.... Edited by Brandon100

Not that this message board carries any weight, but I do not remember you "boldly" speaking out for any BA family members prior to today. Why do you wait until the decision is made and then aquire a "bold" name and "boldly" speak out? My "bold" accusation is that you are not a BA person at all.

Edited by Batts

The influx of people moving into the area can change the face of the “family feel”. Invite them in, attend the school social functions, and you will find out they can be great friends as well. I have friends from as far away as Australia with kids going to BA. Some of the nicest people you would ever want to meet.

For BA to grow and evolution into the future, it has to allow non-traditional BA persons in as well. You can’t survive off the traditional Alumni family. Curt Masters must be doing something right, BA continues to prosper.

"Masters wanted to get away from the power of Coach Flatt and anyone that was taught by him."

So this whole hire was just about a power trip? Did you bring this up to actually debate about it, or just to vent because you feel like some traditions that you probably haven't even taken part in for a decade or so will be lost in the transition to a new coach who, though you say is unfamilliar to BA ways, has coached against them for somewhere around 8 years, played against them in high school, and whose father coached against them for a long time also (don't have the definite duration for that one). He is familiar to the Brentwood Academy program. He is familiar with their tradition of winning (fresh in his mind after the state championship), and is looking forward to becoming a new member of the BA family. The thing is, this job will stay in the BA family. From what I've heard, Potter is excited about moving into this storied program, and this close family of people. It sounds like you feel betrayed or something by this move. Why? Give it a chance before you start taking personal offense to a move that a large number of the BA family is excited about. Chill out a bit, tradition will stand, the family will grow, it's got to happen for the school to grow.

Whoever this clown is........check out his sentence structure and spelling.....I was a C-D student in English at BA, but graduated from college with a minor in English. This person is not a BA grad.........

Edited by Brandon100

"Masters wanted to get away from the power of Coach Flatt and anyone that was taught by him."

So this whole hire was just about a power trip? Did you bring this up to actually debate about it, or just to vent because you feel like some traditions that you probably haven't even taken part in for a decade or so will be lost in the transition to a new coach who, though you say is unfamilliar to BA ways, has coached against them for somewhere around 8 years, played against them in high school, and whose father coached against them for a long time also (don't have the definite duration for that one). He is familiar to the Brentwood Academy program. He is familiar with their tradition of winning (fresh in his mind after the state championship), and is looking forward to becoming a new member of the BA family. The thing is, this job will stay in the BA family. From what I've heard, Potter is excited about moving into this storied program, and this close family of people. It sounds like you feel betrayed or something by this move. Why? Give it a chance before you start taking personal offense to a move that a large number of the BA family is excited about. Chill out a bit, tradition will stand, the family will grow, it's got to happen for the school to grow.

There is one guy on the current staff that I think would have been an excellent choice for BA, but obviously it wasn't to be. I heard from a BA parent back at the beginning of the football season that Masters wanted to go outside the BA family. Not being a BA alum, I think that Masters wanted to get as far away from Flatts influence as possible. And, if you think about all the controversy involving Flatt, it is probably a good idea to get a fresh new start with an outsider. Maybe now the public schools can move on.