Humboldt Football

H-Town Vikes

Humboldt has quite a bit of experience returning in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Losing only 1 on offense and 1 on defense. Humboldt will have to replace one of the area's best runningbacks in Adrian Donald. Plus wideout/QB Will Roe. Keith Wardlow was also very important this past season. On defense, the secondary lost an All-Stater in Josh Hawks. Plus Brandon Gentry at the corner position. Marchaun Patterson was a quick force up front at nosegaurd. This was a talented senior class with many weapons. Darrell Boyd was an exceptional punter for the vikings this year. Charles Moon was the lone senior on the Humboldt offensive line, anchoring it at the center position. Can Humboldt rebound with Experience in trenches leading the way?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humboldt has quite a bit of experience returning in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Losing only 1 on offense and 1 on defense. Humboldt will have to replace one of the area's best runningbacks in Adrian Donald. Plus wideout/QB Will Roe. Keith Wardlow was also very important this past season. On defense, the secondary lost an All-Stater in Josh Hawks. Plus Brandon Gentry at the corner position. Marchaun Patterson was a quick force up front at nosegaurd. This was a talented senior class with many weapons. Darrell Boyd was an exceptional punter for the vikings this year. Charles Moon was the lone senior on the Humboldt offensive line, anchoring it at the center position. Can Humboldt rebound with Experience in trenches leading the way?

HUMBOLDT HAS A GREAT PROGRAM WITH ALOT OF KEY PLAYERS RETURNING. I PREDICT THEY WILL FINISH 2ND IN THE REGION BEHIND MILAN.

• 4 weeks later...

I have heard lots of good things about Humbolt over in west Tennessee. How would you describe their style of play? What do they like to do on offense and defense?

It appears that Milan has been getting the best of them over the last few years. What happened in those games this year that allowed Milan to pull it out?

It sounds like that have plenty of talent. What does this program need to do to get over the Milan hump?

I have heard lots of good things about Humbolt over in west Tennessee. How would you describe their style of play? What do they like to do on offense and defense?

It appears that Milan has been getting the best of them over the last few years. What happened in those games this year that allowed Milan to pull it out?

It sounds like that have plenty of talent. What does this program need to do to get over the Milan hump?

the milan coaching staff.

4 gold balls. you do the math.

Yes, I understand that. But I am asking why Humboldt is not at that point yet. Is it because they have just recently turned things around and they will eventually get there or are they lacking something in their program that is going to keep them from getting some of those gold footballs.

Yes, I understand that. But I am asking why Humboldt is not at that point yet. Is it because they have just recently turned things around and they will eventually get there or are they lacking something in their program that is going to keep them from getting some of those gold footballs.

Long term history tells you that Milan and Humboldt have been pretty even for ever. It is one of the longest standing rivalries in the state. I think Milan is ahead by one game 36-35 or something like that. Some one more versed in MHS history could probably tell you more about the games in the old days, but as long as I can remember, with exceptions of course, Milan has gotten the best of Humboldt. This is mainly because of coaching. Milan’s exceptional coaching versus Humboldt’s pretty good coaching. I know this is a biased statement but I would wager that you could find an unbiased person to back me up; Milan has one of the best overall coaching staffs in the state. There are a lot of good coaches out there but I don’t know of anywhere that has as many top notch coaches in one program as Milan. There are probably 3 maybe 4 coaches at Milan that would make excellent head coaches elsewhere not counting Morris. They work together in a way you have to be a part of to fully understand. During the season I swear I think they put cots in the field house a sleep because I never go by that they aren’t there. Add to that the fact that Milan has been more successful and gained more tradition in more recent history ('98-'99 state titles, majority of wins versus Humboldt, more playoff and semi-final appearances since then, longest running playoff streak in the state I think 25 yrs.) and Milan just seems to have the upper hand. I'm not trying to say that we dominate Humboldt by any means. I was part of a team that got beat by Humboldt once and last years playoff game was very close. Humboldt may make a strong showing in 2007 but it should be Milan’s best year in a while so for the immediate future I see the Humboldt-Milan rivalry staying about the same. With Milan on top.

• 3 months later...
:lol:Milan cant stay on top.... once you reach the top the only place you can go is down...with almost a completely 3 year starting line...we could put a jr high kid in the backfield and dominate the line for a atleast 4 yard average...Humboldt is goin up

i see ur point but milan hasnt been that great the past 2 or 3 yrs thats what every one is saying basically they will be better i have heard they could have teams in the next couple yrs that are atleast as good as the 034 team probably better and we all know how good that team was