why is coffee county so bad this year

safety

I guess you want to get rid of the two seniors and eight juniors and play with all sophmores and one freshman. Would that solve all your problems. we are a very young team and working very hard, the season is far from a lost cause, with eight juniors and five soph i feel they are working towards next year. The big kid you refer too was in double digits the pervious two games, granted he might not be able to play college basketball but he to is working very hard and is improving every game.

The eight juniors are the hope for this team next year.....hopefully we can continue getting those kids plenty of playing time this year and hopefully that will translate into several wins next year....and maybe a few towards the end of this year....basketball is a funny sport....it's a tournament sport....heck the Raiders might wake up and start shooting lights out and make a run in the tournament, if that happens the poor regular season will be forgoten....but for that to happen we are going to have to be quicker to shoot....it seems to me....especially early on in the games....we are to hesitant to pull the trigger on an open shot....we end up turning the ball over trying to work it around more than is necessary.....that's led to 10+ point defecit's midway through the first quarter in three out of the last four games....but I agree.....despite the poor record....I haven't seen these kids give up yet and you have to give props to coach Taylor for hangin on to them and keeping them focused.....they could have easily tossed in the towel around 0-8 or 0-10....as long as they continue to try though...there is always hope.....like in the fourth quarter of the Tullahoma game....it had been over for a long time but we still had kids (starters) diving on the court for loose balls and hustling to get back on defense.....I hope they can get it straightened out!

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The eight juniors are the hope for this team next year.....hopefully we can continue getting those kids plenty of playing time this year and hopefully that will translate into several wins next year....and maybe a few towards the end of this year....basketball is a funny sport....it's a tournament sport....heck the Raiders might wake up and start shooting lights out and make a run in the tournament, if that happens the poor regular season will be forgoten....but for that to happen we are going to have to be quicker to shoot....it seems to me....especially early on in the games....we are to hesitant to pull the trigger on an open shot....we end up turning the ball over trying to work it around more than is necessary.....that's led to 10+ point defecit's midway through the first quarter in three out of the last four games....but I agree.....despite the poor record....I haven't seen these kids give up yet and you have to give props to coach Taylor for hangin on to them and keeping them focused.....they could have easily tossed in the towel around 0-8 or 0-10....as long as they continue to try though...there is always hope.....like in the fourth quarter of the Tullahoma game....it had been over for a long time but we still had kids (starters) diving on the court for loose balls and hustling to get back on defense.....I hope they can get it straightened out!

Give coach Taylor props???? One season in nine with above 500??? He had a D1 player last year?????????

Give coach Taylor props???? One season in nine with above 500??? He had a D1 player last year?????????

To keep a team that is 0-14 focussed and trying hard is extremely hard to do and I truly believe that those kids are still working to do the best they can...it would be easy for them to throw in the towel.....It appears to me that you started this thread so you could attack Taylor...You didn't say that at the beginning but that's what you wanted to get started isn't it? If you think you can do any better with the players that Coffee County has....go and apply for the job!

Edited by pedo_29

To keep a team that is 0-14 focussed and trying hard is extremely hard to do and I truly believe that those kids are still working to do the best they can...it would be easy for them to throw in the towel.....It appears to me that you started this thread so you could attack Taylor...You didn't say that at the beginning but that's what you wanted to get started isn't it? If you think you can do any better with the players that Coffee County has....go and apply for the job!

when the thread was started I wanted outside opinions, because I obviously know what mine are. By outside I mean people who are not associated with coffee county by way of a parent, friend of a coach, or local sportswriter. I want people who have seen them play, not just this year but over the years. I want REAL insight not someone who is afriad to make COACH Taylor mad { and by the way I use the word COACH very loosely} I do happen to have friends on the team and no they are not ALL committed to Taylor nor are their parents. A lot are just waiting for the year to be over in hopes of better next year. I didn't start anything till local fans started trying to make better out of a bad situation. Leave the insight to someone that is not biased.

and also, at least I know I am not qualified to coach, but then again I couldn't do worse could I

when the thread was started I wanted outside opinions, because I obviously know what mine are. By outside I mean people who are not associated with coffee county by way of a parent, friend of a coach, or local sportswriter. I want people who have seen them play, not just this year but over the years. I want REAL insight not someone who is afriad to make COACH Taylor mad { and by the way I use the word COACH very loosely} I do happen to have friends on the team and no they are not ALL committed to Taylor nor are their parents. A lot are just waiting for the year to be over in hopes of better next year. I didn't start anything till local fans started trying to make better out of a bad situation. Leave the insight to someone that is not biased.

You want a unbiased opinion, Here it is. I seen Coffee County play this year and I have to say the biggest thing that I saw was a total lack of discipline. They get themselves in poor defensive position and constantly foul. I know Coffee County is down this year talent wise, so are we (Warren County) but I have to say we haven't won many games this year but at least we look like a team when we play. In other words, there seems to be no method to the maddness at Coffee County.

You want a unbiased opinion, Here it is. I seen Coffee County play this year and I have to say the biggest thing that I saw was a total lack of discipline. They get themselves in poor defensive position and constantly foul. I know Coffee County is down this year talent wise, so are we (Warren County) but I have to say we haven't won many games this year but at least we look like a team when we play. In other words, there seems to be no method to the maddness at Coffee County.

There ya go Safety....one of those unbiased opinion's you wanted to see.....I'm not wasting my time with you anymore....Your entitled to your opinion and I respect that....if you want to sit down and talk about it then call me at work and we can talk about it....you can find the number in the phone book.

I would definitely be working on my team for next year because this year is over for them. One MAYBE two wins and then a first round loss in the district.

And the big kid needs to quit trying to play basketball and concentrate on football (Not that he is a whole lot better at that) since that is the sport he is supposedly going to get a scholarship.

Your gonna hear more about this from somebody else as well but I just had to say this now while i'm on here.....it's not a good idea to use coacht to bash kids....he maybe 6 foot 10 and 330 pounds but he's still just a kid. I'm not sure if he gets on here or not but I doubt he would like to read comments such as this one.....just high school kids buddy....they can't all be as good as you.

I would definitely be working on my team for next year because this year is over for them. One MAYBE two wins and then a first round loss in the district.

And the big kid needs to quit trying to play basketball and concentrate on football (Not that he is a whole lot better at that) since that is the sport he is supposedly going to get a scholarship.

It is one thing to bash a coach, refs, schools etc. but when you cross the line to talk about a student athlete you have crossed the line. The big kid you refer to is a good boy that works hard at what ever sport he is in, he has good parents that are always there for him and all the other kids, he is a student that anybody would want to coach. Granted basketball might not be his best sport but he has worked hard and has improved everyday, i enjoy watching him and look forward to seeing him at the college level! And if you new anything about sports you would know that basketball helps football players and football helps basketball players. If you think he is such a bad football player, i would love to see you line up against him, you might have a different opinion about him. But i am sure you are not man enough to try that, you are like "SAFTEY" you would rather bash people and hide behind your coacht name. Its people like you that coacht needs to ban from the sight.

Edited by Titans21

It is one thing to bash a coach, refs, schools etc. but when you cross the line to talk about a student athlete you have crossed the line. The big kid you refer to is a good boy that works hard at what ever sport he is in, he has good parents that are always there for him and all the other kids, he is a student that anybody would want to coach. Granted basketball might not be his best sport but he has worked hard and has improved everyday, i enjoy watching him and look forward to seeing him at the college level! And if you new anything about sports you would know that basketball helps football players and football helps basketball players. If you think he is such a bad football player, i would love to see you line up against him, you might have a different opinion about him. But i am sure you are not man enough to try that, you are like "SAFTEY" you would rather bash people and hide behind your coacht name. Its people like you that coacht needs to ban from the sight.

Ban from the site because I have different opinion of a coach than you or Pedo??? I don't bash players I leave that up to you and pedo to tell the world CC is low in talent. (do you not think those players read CoachT??) I would just like the players at CC to do well and asking opinions about the team or coach is what the site is for. As for coach Taylor, just stating the facts which you gathered for us and I based an opinion on them. Pedo earlier in a post you had it all figured out as to what the raiders need to do to win, maybe you should apply to coach the team. (oh yeah, you are done I thought or had hoped) Titan21 you just keep telling pedo what to write in the one opinion forum and I think I will stay with CoachT. Also, Titan21 what type of person makes suggestions like above??? The problem is you have no control over CoachT or the opinions on here.

Here's an outside opinion:

There was a lot of talent last year, all in one player. Micah was one of the best players I've seen athletically and emotionally. He dealt with having VERY little help in the best way I have ever seen a kid. With that said, he's gone. The VERY little help he had is all that's left. So, with that said, the best coaches show it when they win with less talent than the opposition. Obviously this is now an issue. One winning season in nine is pitiful. I wonder if the administration even shows up for games.

I do believe that this is an OPINION board. I was stating my opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. Maybe if he does read this board it will incite a fire in him to improve.

As you can tell by the number of posts I have, I don't just sit on here all day and bash players, but I will post my opinion whenever I feel, whether it be players, coaches, officials, etc.

That is what is wrong with the world today, no one is allowed to speak their opinion without someone worrying about hurting someone's feelings. Get in the real world. Life is not fair and you will not always be treated with kid gloves.