why is coffee county so bad this year

safety

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CC county basketball team has some pretty good talent. The talent is in parts and not in one or two outstanding players. The key to this team winning is puttting the right parts out on the court togethter at the right time. If you have been to the games, you will see that this is not happening. Whole sale changes to the line up are made out of frustration not production. Utilize your parts better and the wins will come.

Ban from the site because I have different opinion of a coach than you or Pedo??? I don't bash players I leave that up to you and pedo to tell the world CC is low in talent. (do you not think those players read CoachT??) I would just like the players at CC to do well and asking opinions about the team or coach is what the site is for. As for coach Taylor, just stating the facts which you gathered for us and I based an opinion on them. Pedo earlier in a post you had it all figured out as to what the raiders need to do to win, maybe you should apply to coach the team. (oh yeah, you are done I thought or had hoped) Titan21 you just keep telling pedo what to write in the one opinion forum and I think I will stay with CoachT. Also, Titan21 what type of person makes suggestions like above??? The problem is you have no control over CoachT or the opinions on here.

I agree this is a site to post your opinions about high school sports. However it is wrong of anyone especially adults, if you are one, to critisize children. I don't care how big an athlete may be, they are still young kids that are very easiliy influenced and are still developing both emotionally and physically. I know the kids get on this site and read the post, however it is not your place or mine to light a fire under anyone. That is a coaches job and a parents. You may not feel the coach is getting the job done and you can post whatever you like about him. He is getting paid to do a job and should be held accountable for his performance as a coach, but it is morally and ethically wrong to get on here and bash young kids. If you truly feel you NEED to bash kids then have the balls to do it to their face not on here.

Lincoln Co. 60 Coffee Co. 47. Coffee Co. led at half 25-20.

CC looked solid in the first half...probably played with the most emotion I've seen from them since before Christmas. .....led 25-20 but just went dormant in the second half....a 10-0 (12-2) run by LC to start the second half pretty much did it....the Raiders never really bounced back from there. The RAiders only hit five shots from the field in the second half....the rest of the points were from the free throw line....Thornton led CC with 12 points...Gonzales had 8

Edited by pedo_29

Here's an outside opinion:

There was a lot of talent last year, all in one player. Micah was one of the best players I've seen athletically and emotionally. He dealt with having VERY little help in the best way I have ever seen a kid. With that said, he's gone. The VERY little help he had is all that's left. So, with that said, the best coaches show it when they win with less talent than the opposition. Obviously this is now an issue. One winning season in nine is pitiful. I wonder if the administration even shows up for games.

Here's another opinion:

The coach has a record of not winning. After nine seasons and only one season over 500 and 5 seasons out of nine with double digit wins that is truely pitiful. But he will be their as long as he wants thanks to the good old boy ways of coffee county. I agree that a truely good coach makes his way with less talent. Not the case here, the home games are like visitor sides anywhere else. After the girls game all leave. you can hear the crickets. He is being paid to do a job that he is not being held accountable is the only reason a record like his is acceptable.

CC looked solid in the first half...probably played with the most emotion I've seen from them since before Christmas. .....led 25-20 but just went dormant in the second half....a 10-0 (12-2) run by LC to start the second half pretty much did it....the Raiders never really bounced back from there. The RAiders only hit five shots from the field in the second half....the rest of the points were from the free throw line....Thornton led CC with 12 points...Gonzales had 8

Pedo, Are you a paid appologist or do you have some relative playing?? It seems to me all your post are pro- Coffee County, coach, etc. I'm all for backing the home team, but some of the post on this site (to me) legitamately are concerns that need to be addressed for the betterment of Basketball in Coffee County. Maybe I'm wrong considering the LOW attendence at Coffee County Basketball games where there is definetly NO HOME COURT ADVANTAGE!!!, but I think there are alot of coffee county fans who are appathetic with the status quo and are waiting to return to support this team when a well overdue change is made.

Here's another opinion:

The coach has a record of not winning. After nine seasons and only one season over 500 and 5 seasons out of nine with double digit wins that is truely pitiful. But he will be their as long as he wants thanks to the good old boy ways of coffee county. I agree that a truely good coach makes his way with less talent. Not the case here, the home games are like visitor sides anywhere else. After the girls game all leave. you can hear the crickets. He is being paid to do a job that he is not being held accountable is the only reason a record like his is acceptable.

we all said this 9 years ago when he got this job. he was not the #1 choice but somehow twisted his way in because of these "connections" in the county. he must answer like all others do in this profession. coffee county has changed and with it so should our expectations.