why is coffee county so bad this year

safety

Why not? The middle schools only have players for two years with the same coach. High school is four year program. If it is the responsiblity of the westwood and middle school coaches to make the high school some players then Taylor needs to send 1/2 his check to both coaches. Is this what you are now saying??? First it was the players now it's the middle and westwood coaches????

The middle school is a 3 year school (6,7,8) and westwood is a 3 year school (7,8,9). Up until 3 seasons ago westwood still had freshman playing bb. This is the first year that ALL of the freshman who play BB are attending the hs. Some of the players have not had the same opportunities as others because the programs were not combined.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The middle school is a 3 year school (6,7,8) and westwood is a 3 year school (7,8,9). Up until 3 seasons ago westwood still had freshman playing bb. This is the first year that ALL of the freshman who play BB are attending the hs. Some of the players have not had the same opportunities as others because the programs were not combined.

thats not right..we've all been playing together since we were freshmen except for our 2 seniors. one was at westwood and the other at chs. but all the juniors have been playing together since their freshman year. so have the sophomores

thats not right..we've all been playing together since we were freshmen except for our 2 seniors. one was at westwood and the other at chs. but all the juniors have been playing together since their freshman year. so have the sophomores

I think you better check your facts. One senior was at westwood as a freshman and one junior was at westwood as a freshman. Yes the one freshman did come over in the afternoons and played as a freshman, but he was not in the hs building during his freshman year.

I think you better check your facts. One senior was at westwood as a freshman and one junior was at westwood as a freshman. Yes the one freshman did come over in the afternoons and played as a freshman, but he was not in the hs building during his freshman year.

Thats pretty much exactly what i said. the juniors have been PLAYING together since they were freshmen.

And your post means what? hs building freshman team, what are you trying to say?

And your post means what? hs building freshman team, what are you trying to say?

I believe I was correcting wildcat3030's post. He stated the middle school and westwood programs were only 2 year programs. What I said was that not all of the current players have been four year players at the high school and let me also say that most of those players have not had alot of varsity play time until this year. Give the kids a break. They are playing their guts out. Get off their backs! :)

I believe I was correcting wildcat3030's post. He stated the middle school and westwood programs were only 2 year programs. What I said was that not all of the current players have been four year players at the high school and let me also say that most of those players have not had alot of varsity play time until this year. Give the kids a break. They are playing their guts out. Get off their backs! :)

No what I said was the coach at the middle school coaches for two years 7&8, 6 has a different coach. It's not the players it's the coach. ;)

No what I said was the coach at the middle school coaches for two years 7&8, 6 has a different coach. It's not the players it's the coach. :)

Whether the middle school and westwood are two or three year programs is irrelevant. I do think that coaching at the middle school and westwood should be somewhat accountable for success at the high school level (not a lot but to some point they have to be held accountable)....Westwood has had serious coaching turnover in both the boys and girls in the past few years....Robinson (ccms boys) is the only one that has been around for any length of time.....but if the middle school's arent' having winning seasons (and they haven't been boys or girls except for the occasional seaason) then why should they magically begin to compete at the high school level? As far as the comment about having 1500 to pick from....well that is actually less than everyone in the district with the exceptoin of Tullahoma (maybe Lincoln County because of 9th grade academy)......Coffee County actually has fewer people to pick form which leads to more multi-sport athletes. Some other schools have at least 2-3 kids (starters) that are basketball only....CC does not have that...every starter plays at least one other sport some of them two other sports (with the exception of Trey who quit baseball just this past fall) therefore these guys have less time to devote directly to basketball. That may seem like it doesn't make that big of a difference but when these CC kids are playing their other sports the kids from other schools that are playing basketball only are off at camps... playing AAU ball and playing basketball year around....I think that makes a difference

Whether the middle school and westwood are two or three year programs is irrelevant. I do think that coaching at the middle school and westwood should be somewhat accountable for success at the high school level (not a lot but to some point they have to be held accountable)....Westwood has had serious coaching turnover in both the boys and girls in the past few years....Robinson (ccms boys) is the only one that has been around for any length of time.....but if the middle school's arent' having winning seasons (and they haven't been boys or girls except for the occasional seaason) then why should they magically begin to compete at the high school level? As far as the comment about having 1500 to pick from....well that is actually less than everyone in the district with the exceptoin of Tullahoma (maybe Lincoln County because of 9th grade academy)......Coffee County actually has fewer people to pick form which leads to more multi-sport athletes. Some other schools have at least 2-3 kids (starters) that are basketball only....CC does not have that...every starter plays at least one other sport some of them two other sports (with the exception of Trey who quit baseball just this past fall) therefore these guys have less time to devote directly to basketball. That may seem like it doesn't make that big of a difference but when these CC kids are playing their other sports the kids from other schools that are playing basketball only are off at camps... playing AAU ball and playing basketball year around....I think that makes a difference

Right on Pedo!!!! By the way wildcat, how many games have you attended this year you seem to have all the answers? What is your basketball/coaching background?

Edited by cricket

No what I said was the coach at the middle school coaches for two years 7&8, 6 has a different coach. It's not the players it's the coach. :(

Ya know i have had just about all i can take about all of this. I have been reading this sight since it started, and all i hear is a bunch of people who think they know it all. Day in and day out there is something new on here weather its bashing a SCHOOL SYSTEM(talking about high school middle and westwood), a COACH, or the PLAYERS. The young man who plays on this years team made a very good comment, I could see why it would be hard for a player to concentrate on the game that they love when we got a bunch or parents running their mouths. Just let it go everyone, let the boys play and the coaches coach. This sight has gotten out of hand.