Solomon

Where is your source for this "myth debunking" study? Post a link. I'll bet if you actually can find a real study it was not done at Alabama (or the SEC) and that's what we are talking about.

As far as getting lesser quality applicants at the schools that may be true at other places but at Bama the average grades and test scores have increased for students enrolling over the last 10 years. At all schools, except for the Vandys and Dukes of the world some athletes will just barely qualify and will never be rocket scientists. The NCAA has set minimum requirements requirements that all schools are supposed to live by. Of course Bensel-Meyer situation at TN and the Sociology department problems at the barn show that some schools are pretty good at getting around these requirements.

The UA athletic department is not the UAB athletic department. All I know about that situation is that UAB football is and has been in the red. The athletic department at UA has a surplus and this is after 100 million in additions and renovations over the last 5 years. I honestly don't know much about the UAB situation with Fisher, other than one article I have read and it didn't say anything about Fisher's salary being paid by donors.

Congress may very well change things but if they do it will affect all schools. My guess is that the political clout of college football fans all over the US will temper anything the congress may consider.

It was something proven at Tennessee in the couple of years following the national title. It was from some of the higher ups on campus there. I don't recall. I just remember being surprised when I heard the numbers from administration.

Actually nothing at all came of the Bensel-Meyers situation. It was all ESPN fueled fodder and a liberal feminazi trying to get her advance in the world.

Announcements