true story, would like opinions

jeffjoe

No change, young girl, sitting on the bench, watching kids play that she can and does out-play easily every day in practice. The only comments from the coach are (stop trying to impress me). Completely in a quandry, don't know if there is a solution. I do (think) i know the problem, and it appears to be all related to advancement of the coachs career. so, for now, just sitting. I would like to think that she will be the secret weapon that he pulls out come post-season, but my family (including my daughter) thinks I'm grasping at straws! But it helps justify the cost of admission in my mind anyway. FOR THE DOUBTING THOMAS'S, I wouldn't have believed this story myself, 4 years ago, but in the real world sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Edited by jeffjoe

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeffjoe you never did say what grade she is in?

How many minutes per game is she getting to play now?

Is there an assistant coach that is able to give you some insight or moral support in this situation.

My guess is that everyone on the coaching staff is aware of this.....right.??

Have decided that at least for now, our best option is to (as advised) suffer in silence, and make a decision about next year slowly and with careful thought. Thanks for all the concern and advice.