New Coach @ Science Hill

PowrPlus

It ain't the same ole William Blount, they are much, much better now. South totally fell apart against DB this year, must have been a little two revved up for that one. And there are a few questioning the OR hire, we'll be back.

Too bad, Kat. Looks like The Owls and Farragut will be the best this year. Everyone knows Oak Ridge will be back .But, Wm Blount is nowhere as good as you imply. They've been in rebuilding mode for the history of the program. They look alittle better when they come across some good athletes but their coaching is terrible.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meadows has been there about two years. He is an incredible coach. WB has attempted to rebuild several times in history, they have their man now. WB is a big, tough and physical team. They had Ooltewah down and beat with less than a minute to go. A blown call and a TD gave Ooltewah a narrow win at Ooltewah. Remember in the semi finals, Ooltewah was the team that had Smyrna down to the last second. WB is a very good team, with a great coach. The program will continue to build. A couple of years ago, I would have agreed with you. 03, I noticed from your posting history that you have gone and erased more than half of your post. About the same time you denied ever being a TN High fan, you erased them all. Why? Then you admitted to me once that you had moved to the Knoxville area and all of a sudden you put AAAA Region 3 under your name. Face it, you are a bandwagon fan that jumped on the Maryville or Region 3 bandwagon after you realized TN High's success was short lived. Don't let 03 fool you! He hates DB and is a closet TN High fan. He moved to the Knoxville area and changed his mind all of a sudden and erased all (check for yourself folks) of his hundreds of posts supporting TN High. How come you have nearly 1,000 posts and not even half are still in your post history? Exposed! What will you do if Region 3 or MAryville goes through a rough period, oh I know; move again and erase all the posts that you are making now. Nobody likes bandwagon fans or people that switch to the best teams because they are winning. I will tell you who my favorite NFL team is after the Super Bowl! Live by 03 rules! By the way 03, changing your identity and denying your past borders insanity, I know a counselor or two that could help you with your insecurities and refusal to support a team that might lose! Go TN High!

Edited by bud

wAKo, Its funny to see you lose it. I like getting you unnerved on an internet message board. You're not so swooft afterall. You've turned out to be a one-line

KEEP TALKIN

I'll tell you one thing. Coach Smith going to SHHS sure has livened up the board. There would not be all this smack talk if he wasn't named the coach. Sounds like the SH fans are ok with it and everyone else is worried about it. He sure did wake up sleepy NET.

I Agree, listen Waco and plowboy, all DB's wining records = no gold balls. Just admit DB is a regular season team that doesn't have the Heart to go after State. Now that the hill has a coach that's won't settle for a 7-4 record and is pushing for the state, I think DB feels threatened. It's just like Pitts push the basketball team to state and demanded excellence, Smith will do the same for football. I hope the result are the same. GOLD BALLS.

BE AFRID BE VERY AFRAID

Edited by datoppers

Fitness.....I'll take your question and I'll try to be articulate rather than just a "homer" in my answer. Nobody beats someone forever. Science Hill will certainly win a football game against D-B at some point. They have had some really good looking athletes over the years that really concerned us. In some recent years that our fair weathered fans have apparently forgotten, we have had some awesome athletes too. We were dangerously close to winning the state in both 2000 and 2002. As for the "whipping boy" comment, it will come down to 2 things. 1.) Athletes....who has got 'em and how well are they being coached. If Smith isn't allowed to bring some assistants with him, I think he will have a hard time. As I posted recently, the atmosphere in J. Fred next fall for the Toppers to deal with will be very intimidating. In the last 20 years they have completely fallen to pieces in there, only to play us very well in JC. 2.) The mental game....The Science Hill Seniors will have been in kindergarten the last time the Hill beat D-B. If things are going well for them and they have been able to buy lock, stock, and barrel into Smith....they will have a chance. If it's more of the same (6 and 3...hoping for the upset), it will be hard for them. Darrel Watson will bring more pressure than Scott Smith has ever seen. The mental state of Science Hill at that time will greatly determine if it's "their time", or if their QB gets knocked senseless all night.

Let me ask you Dobyns-Bennett people something and be honest.

Do you all really think when Science Hill comes to town with the new coach we will be your usual whipping boys?

Or are there some reservations? I guess it is kinda early to tell though, huh?

There seems to be a lot of excitement on the Hill!

wAKo, Its funny to see you lose it. I like getting you unnerved on an internet message board. You're not so swooft afterall. You've turned out to be a one-line

KEEP TALKIN

I'll tell you one thing. Coach Smith going to SHHS sure has livened up the board. There would not be all this smack talk if he wasn't named the coach. Sounds like the SH fans are ok with it and everyone else is worried about it. He sure did wake up sleepy NET.

I Agree, listen Waco and plowboy, all DB's wining records = no gold balls. Just admit DB is a regular season team that doesn't have the Heart to go after State. Now that the hill has a coach that's won't settle for a 7-4 record and is pushing for the state, I think DB feels threatened. It's just like Pitts push the basketball team to state and demanded excellence, Smith will do the same for football. I hope the result are the same. GOLD BALLS.

BE AFRID BE VERY AFRAID

Db fans do not care who the coach is on the Island,we are definitely not afraid.The players have to accept the plays that are called by the coaches.The players have the heart year in year out.For you to say the players do not have the heart to go after a state(gold ball) is crap.The island is making a lot of noise because they got a new coach.Hurray Hurray.If what I read on the Independance threads about Gilligan is true you didn't get much.5A is not 1A period.It does not matter if you beat DB or not this year we will still have the advantage. :thumb:

Meadows has been there about two years. He is an incredible coach. WB has attempted to rebuild several times in history, they have their man now. WB is a big, tough and physical team. They had Ooltewah down and beat with less than a minute to go. A blown call and a TD gave Ooltewah a narrow win at Ooltewah. Remember in the semi finals, Ooltewah was the team that had Smyrna down to the last second. WB is a very good team, with a great coach. The program will continue to build. A couple of years ago, I would have agreed with you. 03, I noticed from your posting history that you have gone and erased more than half of your post. About the same time you denied ever being a TN High fan, you erased them all. Why? Then you admitted to me once that you had moved to the Knoxville area and all of a sudden you put AAAA Region 3 under your name. Face it, you are a bandwagon fan that jumped on the Maryville or Region 3 bandwagon after you realized TN High's success was short lived. Don't let 03 fool you! He hates DB and is a closet TN High fan. He moved to the Knoxville area and changed his mind all of a sudden and erased all (check for yourself folks) of his hundreds of posts supporting TN High. How come you have nearly 1,000 posts and not even half are still in your post history? Exposed! What will you do if Region 3 or MAryville goes through a rough period, oh I know; move again and erase all the posts that you are making now. Nobody likes bandwagon fans or people that switch to the best teams because they are winning. I will tell you who my favorite NFL team is after the Super Bowl! Live by 03 rules! By the way 03, changing your identity and denying your past borders insanity, I know a counselor or two that could help you with your insecurities and refusal to support a team that might lose! Go TN High!

Well there you have it! Another "DB Hater" made to look foolish. You can't mess with a good Lawyer.

Fitness.....I'll take your question and I'll try to be articulate rather than just a "homer" in my answer. Nobody beats someone forever. Science Hill will certainly win a football game against D-B at some point. They have had some really good looking athletes over the years that really concerned us. In some recent years that our fair weathered fans have apparently forgotten, we have had some awesome athletes too. We were dangerously close to winning the state in both 2000 and 2002. As for the "whipping boy" comment, it will come down to 2 things. 1.) Athletes....who has got 'em and how well are they being coached. If Smith isn't allowed to bring some assistants with him, I think he will have a hard time. As I posted recently, the atmosphere in J. Fred next fall for the Toppers to deal with will be very intimidating. In the last 20 years they have completely fallen to pieces in there, only to play us very well in JC. 2.) The mental game....The Science Hill Seniors will have been in kindergarten the last time the Hill beat D-B. If things are going well for them and they have been able to buy lock, stock, and barrel into Smith....they will have a chance. If it's more of the same (6 and 3...hoping for the upset), it will be hard for them. Darrel Watson will bring more pressure than Scott Smith has ever seen. The mental state of Science Hill at that time will greatly determine if it's "their time", or if their QB gets knocked senseless all night.

Stonewall…Good post. I appreciate the honesty, you’re probably right. We’re not from Science Hill, but transplanted. So we weren’t really familiar with D-B and SH history. But, SH certainly seems to get blown out in J. Fred every year! To me, I don’t see how another school with roughly an even amount of athletes is so dominate over the other. Has the coaching really been that much better?? Obviously! How else can one explain the lopsidedness?

Hopefully for the betterment of both Big East schools Science Hill will rise to greater heights with the new coach.

Thanks again Stonewall :thumb:

Edited by Fitness4life

Way to go Bud.I kind of figured 03 had jumped on Maryvilles bandwagon for some reason.He is probably a TN.High 03 grad.They could not beat DB either. :thumb::thumb:

To be fair to the kids, bowles was the coach the last eight years and he's always tight. In the 2005 game, he had the team walk out holding hands to take the sideline. Yes playing in front of pack house is an unique sight, I played in the 80s at Jeff County during the Collins brothers run, but most kids relish the chance to show their stuff in that setting but bowles tightened up in big games and you can check his record in the margain of victory. These kids are confident and sounds like they will finally have an coach to have confidence in them. Another contributing(sp) factor might have been there has been nothing to play for going into the game since all seedings have been decided. If Science Hill can get past Bearden on the road, then in 2007 this game will finally have some importance to it. This group of seniors beat DB as freshmen and then again as sophmores on jv so it's not like they don't know who they are playing against. Now if we can just get db to replace those life hazards that they call bleachers.

I can't figure why people complain about the bleachers at DB. Their fine as long as your not drunk. Besides, the Science Hill game will be over by halftime. You can stand up for 2 quarters can't you.

Yeah but the smaller children and elderly have problems with them. I all I hear is how nice it is to participate in games there but an serious injury is inevitable.