Jefferson County Position by Position

PatriotMan

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And NO the players have not been told. Another missed opportunity to do something the right way. So DZ where is U going to????

The players haven't been told because they are on spring break, its not like its been in the works for weeks. That's why they didn't want to say anything till next Monday, so Coach U could talk to the players.

Assistant at Battle Ground Academy

Sorry its a little eary in teh morning. So it has or has not been in the works for weeks??? What are the chances of getting good coach this late in the year???

No, I would guess that it wasn't discussed between schneitman and U until Thursday/Friday, but thats nothing i know factual. I think they will name an interim coach for spring practice so the search isn't rushed. But I also heard from someone that a couple of school board members were high on Gut being coach, take that for what it's worth. Just rumor.

If they are gonna keep it local and not take a serious look at every candidate, Garry Jett would be a good pick IMO. But im a firm believer they should go out and get the best candidate and not get in any rush.

Edited by DZbettin

But I also heard from someone that a couple of school board members were high on Gut being coach, take that for what it's worth. Just rumor.

I would say that's about right DZ. Jefferson County athletics have worked on the buddy system for a long time, with the exception of the last two football coaches. And looking back on the results of those two hires, I would say Kisabeth and Co. will take the path of least resistence this time, for better or worse.

No, I would guess that it wasn't discussed between schneitman and U until Thursday/Friday, but thats nothing i know factual. I think they will name an interim coach for spring practice so the search isn't rushed. But I also heard from someone that a couple of school board members were high on Gut being coach, take that for what it's worth. Just rumor.

If they are gonna keep it local and not take a serious look at every candidate, Garry Jett would be a good pick IMO. But im a firm believer they should go out and get the best candidate and not get in any rush.

I think it has to go beyond getting the best candidate. The last two searches, we hired the guy with the best resume, but maybe not the best fit for the program. Gut is a good coach, but is he qualified to be the schools HC, especially at time like this? I`m sure some of the same names that came up last time around will come around this time Hutchins from SD, Lamar Brown, Spencer Riley, Kenny Ratledge from Sevier Co. Like the last two times though, you never know who is interested until the job opens up. With all that has gone on, and how late the job has opened up, I'd bet the list won`t be a long as the last times.