Jefferson County Position by Position

PatriotMan

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it has to go beyond getting the best candidate. The last two searches, we hired the guy with the best resume, but maybe not the best fit for the program. Gut is a good coach, but is he qualified to be the schools HC, especially at time like this? I`m sure some of the same names that came up last time around will come around this time Hutchins from SD, Lamar Brown, Spencer Riley, Kenny Ratledge from Sevier Co. Like the last two times though, you never know who is interested until the job opens up. With all that has gone on, and how late the job has opened up, I'd bet the list won`t be a long as the last times.

Didn't Hutchins have some falling out with JC? And I dont see Spencer leaving the college ranks to come back to high school.

Didn't Hutchins have some falling out with JC? And I dont see Spencer leaving the college ranks to come back to high school.

The rumors was that Hutchins soured on JC when he was believed to be signed, sealed and delivered to be the next HC after Meadows left, but that the administration shuffled its feet and during that time he went to SD. I remember right after Meadows left it was just assumed Hutchins would be hired, he had just got done coaching McMinn to the playoffs, ran a very simular system as Meadows, had the players support, and had extremely strong Jeff County roots. It seemed like it would be a seamless transition, and it was a big shock when he suddenly took the job at SD. Even the McMinn County fans just assumed he would go back to JC. Guess that what happens when people assume, Schneitman, Coach K, and whoever else made the decisions obviously had other ideas.

The names I threw out were just that, names. I have no idea if JCHS will go after them, or if any of them are interested. I do think that with this move coming so late who ever will be making decision will have to be aggressively seeking a coach not just waiting for names to roll in, unfortunately the job is not as appealing as it once was just a few years ago.

Not a joke. Of all people I thought you would be elated.

Thats because you don`t know me, I never wanted it to get to this point. Stability is a very good thing for a program, unlike what some would have people believe I did not root for Euverard and Jeff County as a program to fail from the moment he got to JC. I wanted things to go well, however when it became clear that things weren`t going well, to point that it got, I felt strongly that a change needed to happen. Elated is not a good word to describe my feeling right now about the coaching situation, especially since we don`t know who will be coaching next season, so close to next season. Jeff County is in a very precarious position, at a critical time. I`ll be elated when we have good coach in place, and things within the program are starting to improve.

This is only step 1

Its not the 1st time, Jeff County players found out Meadows was meeting and agreeing to coach William Blount on Coacht back in 04

It wasn't by fault of Euverard that he didn't get to tell his players first. That's why it wasn't suppose to get out until after spring break so that he could, but you know how it goes, one person runs their mouth and before you know it Warlock knows.

Thats because you don`t know me, I never wanted it to get to this point. Stability is a very good thing for a program, unlike what some would have people believe I did not root for Euverard and Jeff County as a program to fail from the moment he got to JC. I wanted things to go well, however when it became clear that things weren`t going well, to point that it got, I felt strongly that a change needed to happen. Elated is not a good word to describe my feeling right now about the coaching situation, especially since we don`t know who will be coaching next season, so close to next season. Jeff County is in a very precarious position, at a critical time. I`ll be elated when we have good coach in place, and things within the program are starting to improve.

This is only step 1

I actually agree with JC4life, there is nothing to be elated about, though I believe that this is probably best for both JCHS and Marty Euverard. I more than anyone know that coaches are judged by wins and losses, but some of the other stuff that Coach U endured while at Jefferson County just wasn't fair, for any human being. I wish him and his family the best in future endevors.

Past that though, like Topgun said, people wanted a new coach and they are going to get one. Is the county going to rally around him or continue to complain yet take no actions? Only time will tell.

It wasn't by fault of Euverard that he didn't get to tell his players first. That's why it wasn't suppose to get out until after spring break so that he could, but you know how it goes, one person runs their mouth and before you know it Warlock knows.

Well heck, how many people were in on this decision of Euverard resigning? Was there a tribunal or something? Obviously there were a good number of people told before the players were, or it wouldn`t have made it on coacht. If it was suppose to be kept quiet then Schneitman, Coach K, and Euverard should have been the only people that knew. That is unless the coaches were told, its anyone's guess if that happened.