Jefferson County Position by Position

PatriotMan

No, its not retarded of them. If Smoot is gone it is for a good reason....either something happened, or he wanted to be a coach somewhere else. Nothing bad about him being gone. The D was choppy anyways. As far as some of the "good players" thinking about not even playing.....Fine, stay home, because I know that if I wanted to play for JCHS and be a patriot, I would respect the coaches and decisions made....having a coach leave or get asked to leave would not change my desire to play football. Sounds to me like another excuse to be lazy. If they really wanted to play, then they will play and give 110 percent, if they are thinking about not coming out.....Fine, the program will never get turned back around until there are some kids that WANT to play football, WANT to be Patriots, WANT to win, and most importantly WANT TO WORK AT IT!!!! If any players read this, spread the word. This is a challenge to all..... YOU CAN TURN THE PROGRAM AROUND!!! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS WANT TO!!! LOVE THE GAME OF FOOTBALL!!! ONE DAY IT WILL BE GONE!!! RESPECT THE COACHES AS YOU WOULD A PARENT FIGURE AND KNOW THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE YOU BETTER!!! WORK HARD, DONT LET THEM DOWN AND IN THE END YOU WILL NOT LET YOURSELF DOWN!!! IF YOU DECIDE TODAY THAT TOMMORROW JCHS WILL WIN AND WILL BE ON TOP, AT THE END OF THE SEASON YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!! MANY ARE WATCHING YOU, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO SHINE AND PROVE THAT THERE ARE FOOTBALL PLAYERS IN JEFFERSON COUNTY AND THAT YOU'RE NOT LAYING DOWN FOR NOBODY!!! SHOW OTHER SCHOOLS AND COUNTIES THAT JEFFERSON COUNTY IS STILL HERE AND BACK TO PUT A HURTING ON OPPONENTS!!! HIT, HIT, HIT!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I CHALLANGE ALL OF YOU!!! EVEN IF YOU HAVENT PLAYED FOOTBALL IN THE PAST, PLAY AND HAVE FUN!!! WHEN YOU PUT ON THAT JERSEY, YOU ARE A MAN....ACT LIKE ONE!!! GET FIRED UP AND POSITIVE ABOUT THIS SEASON!!! LET THERE BE NO DISTRACTIONS IN YOUR MIND!!! WEIGHT ROOM, RUN, GET READY, GET FIRED UP!!!! ITS TIME MEN, BECOME WHAT YOU ARE DESTINED TO BE!!! ITS IN YOUR HANDS!!!! JUST REACH OUT, AND GRAB IT!!! I BELIVE IN ALL OF YOU!!! JUST DO IT!!!! TOMMORROW IS TODAY!!! ITS HERE!!!

Geez, that made me want to go hit somebody, great post.

I completely agree, a coaching leaving is no reason to quit, coaches come and go all the time. Smoot or any other coach or player leaving is no reason to ###### away all of the work that has been put in, especially for the upperclassmen that have put in A LOT of time and effort. Now is the time when someone, upperclassmen or lowerclassmen needs to show some leadership, speak up, and keep the team together. No matter who is coaching the team, the 11 guys on the field are the most important. Its time to step up Jeff County players and show some backbone, no else can do it for you.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey DZ, any news on the applicants for head coach? How are they gonna go about filling the vacancy of defensive coordinator and strength coach?

They could knock out two birds with one stone by bringing back Coach Whitehead who never should have been let go to begin with.

Rumor has it Coach Anderson went to White Pine, Maury, Jefferson, and Rush Strong Middle schools recruiting players. I think he want's the job and he knows what it is going to take to win at JCHS.

If he hires two good experienced coordinators Coach Anderson should do fine

Rumor has it Coach Anderson went to White Pine, Maury, Jefferson, and Rush Strong Middle schools recruiting players. I think he want's the job and he knows what it is going to take to win at JCHS.

You are right Hulk CJA has went to all the middle schools, as well as the county track meet Thursday, which was a good opportunity because all of the top football players from the four middle schools were there.

Coach Kisabeth said there have been 31 applicants as of this morning, 11 of them were head coaches last season. The majority have came from instate, but he has gotten resumes from new orleans, vermont and canada to name a few. The deadline is this friday, the 13th :) and they will spend next week narrowing it down to 10 or so, and then do one (or two if needed) rounds of interviews with the finalist.

I asked him about CCS and all he would say is that Schneitman had received his resignation, told me Mr. Schneitman might be able to give me more information.

Hey DZ, any news on the applicants for head coach? How are they gonna go about filling the vacancy of defensive coordinator and strength coach?

Topgun

At most schools, the head coach has the authority to choose his assistants. I would assume the new head coach will fill the needed positions, but like Warlock said, there are a lot of things that can go on behind the scenes.

Edited by DZbettin

Topgun

At most schools, the head coach has the authority to choose his assistants. I would assume the new head coach will fill the needed positions, but like Warlock said, there are a lot of things that can go on behind the scenes.

Make sense. Thanks. Any word on who has applied?