Jefferson County Position by Position

PatriotMan

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for info visit www.jeffcountysports.com :lol:

Learning quickly DZ, nice plug lol. I would have to think its going come down to Cummings and Anderson, the question is do we want an experienced coach that already knows how to run a program or someone we know and is already popular within the county? With Cummings running the veer and us already making the switch it seems like it would be an easy transition, and he might bring some assistants with him that would fill some of the coaching holes we have. On the other hand from the sounds of things Anderson already looks the part of HC and seems able to handle it, is already making ties to the middle schools, and seems to have the full support of the players. I must say I`m glad its not my decision to make, this is a veru difficult risk vs reward scenario.

Of course I could be completely wrong and they go with one of the other two, the last two hires have came out of the blue, probably shouldn`t expect any different.

Edited by JC4life

I wouldn't want to make that decision either. The only draw back I see to Gut is that we all know Jeff Co fans can be pretty brutal. I would hate it for him if the season or seasons didn't work out. The man grew up here, went ot school here, both HS and college.

Edited by Topgun

Wow, I left out probably the biggest plus for Anderson. He truly cares about the program and its perception, we won`t have to worry about him bolting to another job, or being content with sub-par. He knows what Patriot pride is all about, and will work like heck to maintain it(or in this case restore it).

Wow, I left out probably the biggest plus for Anderson. He truly cares about the program and its perception, we won`t have to worry about him bolting to another job, or being content with sub-par. He knows what Patriot pride is all about, and will work like heck to maintain it(or in this case restore it).

Glad to see you are still around JC, thought you had forgot the coacht address :lol:

First time poster!!!! First of all DZ the website looks great, keep it coming. Now with all of the talk surronding "GUT" as the possible next head coach here, in my honest opinion he would fit the bill. The only reason he won't is because of all the "football god's" here in this county won't be able to handle it if the homegrown boy doesn't fufill there needs!! Needs of winning that is!! There is only so much anyone, even GQ, can do with the little talent in this area!! He will have the guys prepared!! I played with "GUT" and can tell you how intense this guy is on the field!! He is winning the numbers game though, 90+ players on the field is unheard of, back to the late 80's early 90's. Good luck GUT!! Oh by the way TN-NONRECRUITED, I read most of your post on this and you should let the insiders, like warlock, and dz, and jc4life, do the talking!! You know nothing about this area!!

First time poster!!!! First of all DZ the website looks great, keep it coming. Now with all of the talk surronding "GUT" as the possible next head coach here, in my honest opinion he would fit the bill. The only reason he won't is because of all the "football god's" here in this county won't be able to handle it if the homegrown boy doesn't fufill there needs!! Needs of winning that is!! There is only so much anyone, even GQ, can do with the little talent in this area!! He will have the guys prepared!! I played with "GUT" and can tell you how intense this guy is on the field!! He is winning the numbers game though, 90+ players on the field is unheard of, back to the late 80's early 90's. Good luck GUT!! Oh by the way TN-NONRECRUITED, I read most of your post on this and you should let the insiders, like warlock, and dz, and jc4life, do the talking!! You know nothing about this area!!

HAHAHA!!! I hope that you are directing this "TN-NONRECRUITED" jab at me. I think that its great. Now, obviously you do not know me or you would know that I was at a time recruited by a couple of good schools. Another thing, I know more about this "area" when it comes to all of JCHS anything than anyone on this whole website so until you can search a little more and find out who you are really talking to, you need to do yourself a favor and move to Cocke County. They could really teach you a lot about the game of football and probably help you with your overall smarts. By the way, good luck with me not finding out who you are. Have a nice day.

There is only so much anyone, even GQ, can do with the little talent in this area!! He will have the guys prepared!! I played with "GUT" and can tell you how intense this guy is on the field!! He is winning the numbers game though, 90+ players on the field is unheard of, back to the late 80's early 90's.

I`ve said it before, and I`ll say it again, talent(or lack of) wasn`t and isn`t the problem. It was just a few years ago that we had the 4th ranked team in the state 5A, and the year before that a few plays away from the semi finals. The problem we`ve had these last few years is getting the talent out, and keeping them on the team. If everyone had stayed Jeff County could have had a great year last season, its easy to say there was a lack of talent last year when there are good Jeff County kids starting at places like Mo West, Sevier County, and winning Mr. football awards at Alcoa, or are still in the county but don`t play. The talent pool is still as good as ever, we just have to tap into the well. From the sound of things Coach Anderson will have no problem getting kids out, and hopefully no problem keeping them here. We have to cut off the farm system thing we`ve been doing for other area programs, no more reaping the benefits off Jeff County. It appears we are headed back in the right direction, and it couldn`t have come soon enough.