Santa Fe @ Moore Co.

utladyvols18

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok obviously none of you were at the game tonight. The referees were some of the worst i have ever seen. SF did play pretty bad the 1 quarter, but if it hadnt been for the calls the refs made i think they would have come much closer than they did after that quarter.. Apparently Pincheon is immune to fouling anyone, she NEVER walks or double dribbles, because the referees never called anything against her, and believe me she did all of the above at least once. SFs coach was told that he had lost his "coach box" privaleges and he was told that he could no longer get up. Sfs captain, the speaking captain, was told to stop talking to the referees and play ball, when I believe she only said one thing to him. Someone should definately send the tape from tonights game into the TSSAA because these referees do NOT need to ref one more game if they are going to do it how they did tonight!

ok obviously none of you were at the game tonight. The referees were some of the worst i have ever seen. SF did play pretty bad the 1 quarter, but if it hadnt been for the calls the refs made i think they would have come much closer than they did after that quarter.. Apparently Pincheon is immune to fouling anyone, she NEVER walks or double dribbles, because the referees never called anything against her, and believe me she did all of the above at least once. SFs coach was told that he had lost his "coach box" privaleges and he was told that he could no longer get up. Sfs captain, the speaking captain, was told to stop talking to the referees and play ball, when I believe she only said one thing to him. Someone should definately send the tape from tonights game into the TSSAA because these referees do NOT need to ref one more game if they are going to do it how they did tonight!

I have seen refs effect the outcome of games all year. Well, for the last 3 years. Refs in Alabama (where I came from) are bad but not as bad as the one's in Tennessee. I have only seen a time or two where they actually call for one team or another, they just general stink.

I defend your right to say what you feel on here. And I value a true assessment of every game. However, you will find that the people on here are not usually polite to anyone who blames the refs. But if that is the way you saw it, speak to the world. If the world does not like it, then they can turn the channel.

They told the coach to sit down, huh? Did he get a "T" called on him? If not, maybe he should have gotten one? Sometimes it can be a valuable tool to fire up your team and to shake the refs up too.

On second thought, you probably will not hear anything from the Moore County gang. I have not seen a post by them all year.

Use this as motivation when you play Moore County in the Semi-finals of the district tourney. :thumb:

I have seen refs effect the outcome of games all year. Well, for the last 3 years. Refs in Alabama (where I came from) are bad but not as bad as the one's in Tennessee. I have only seen a time or two where they actually call for one team or another, they just general stink.

I defend your right to say what you feel on here. And I value a true assessment of every game. However, you will find that the people on here are not usually polite to anyone who blames the refs. But if that is the way you saw it, speak to the world. If the world does not like it, then they can turn the channel.

They told the coach to sit down, huh? Did he get a "T" called on him? If not, maybe he should have gotten one? Sometimes it can be a valuable tool to fire up your team and to shake the refs up too.

Use this as motivation when you play Moore County in the Semi-finals of the district tourney. :thumb:

Thanks Jamie! yes the coach did get a "T" when he got angry about a call, but he wasnt out on the floor or in the refs face he just stood up and shouted, and I do believe that i have seen a coach stand up and shout at pretty much every game. I am not going to say the game was completely the refs fault because it wasnt, SF didnt show up the first quarter, but they were definatey there the rest of the game, they might not have won if the refs had called it better, but they definately would have been much closer. I believe the referees were pretty terrible when Richland played them, if I remember correctly, your ladies were up by 15 or 20 then the refs called every little thing, and it was like if you breathed on someone it was a foul, which brought the game closer and you only won by 5, is that right?

According to what was seen last night you can't blame the refs for every little call they made or didnt make. They let these girls played and missed opportunties to actually score by Santa Fe didn't help the matters either. Santa Fe girls just weren't scoring and that was due to the defense of the Raiders. At the start of the game MC were getting clobbered by the SF girls and the refs called nothing. Yes the refs missed calls at times, but you can not blame them for SF' s loss last night. They just had an off night and MC girls did well shutting down their post players which they seemed to want to got to all night. It was a great adjustment from the first meeting by their coach Greg Tipps especially with most of his players in foul trouble going into half time. SF could have took advantage of this but they didn't.

As for SF play last night it was not the same as the first meeting between to the two squads. They had opportunties to drive to the basket but did not take them. I'm sure when the coaches and players look at the tape they will realize a lot of things they could have done last night that could have kept them in the game closer like not making silly fouls which would go for both teams. Pincheon ended up with two fouls and should have had three but the ref called it on the wrong player, but saying she must be "immune to fouling anyone" is a ridiculous statement. I'd advise anyone who thinks this statement is true to go back and look at last nights game tape. If she did anything it was was get sandwiched by SF players without the refs calling anything most of the 1st half.

Santa Fe has a game today so maybe they will put the loss behind them to get a win. They have big district games this coming up week especially on friday against Richland who beat them by 10 the first time they met this season. Hopefully this MC squad didn't bring down their ego to bad. As for the Raiders hopefully they will take this win and procede to go farther than most expect with the lack of players on the bench due to injuries. I wish both of these teams the best and a chance to meet each other again!

Thanks Jamie! yes the coach did get a "T" when he got angry about a call, but he wasnt out on the floor or in the refs face he just stood up and shouted, and I do believe that i have seen a coach stand up and shout at pretty much every game. I am not going to say the game was completely the refs fault because it wasnt, SF didnt show up the first quarter, but they were definatey there the rest of the game, they might not have won if the refs had called it better, but they definately would have been much closer. I believe the referees were pretty terrible when Richland played them, if I remember correctly, your ladies were up by 15 or 20 then the refs called every little thing, and it was like if you breathed on someone it was a foul, which brought the game closer and you only won by 5, is that right?

I really do not remember what happened when we played Moore County. I know they jumped out to a 5 -0 lead. Then we were up by 15 (I think) by halftime. We should have been up by more but we turned the ball over while up by 17 at the end of the second and Moore County scored making it a 15 point game. The second half is hard to describe. They caught up and I believe went ahead by 1 or 2 in the fourth. We ended up winning by 5. I know they could have quit at halftime but they didn’t. And I believe we quit for part of the 2nd half. I really do not remember how the calls went. Right off the top of my head I can only remember one regular season game where I feel the calls went bad against us and that was against Deshler (Alabama) during Christmas. The biggest problem I have is not them calling for one team or another, it is no consistency at all. Neither team knows what to expect. Thank goodness it is just a game and no one gets sent to jail for losing. Take care and good luck. :D

I was at the game and the game was not called one-sided. The officials let both teams play physical especially inside. There were fouls committed by both teams that were not called but they did not decide the outcome. Moore County was clearly the better team last night.

As for the coach yes he received a T and was made to sit like every other coach.

Moore County defended Sante Fe very well last night and that was the difference. They never let White or #20 get going offensively. By the way 20 may be the dirtestplayer I have seen in a long time. She threw elbows, forearms, and even kicked a player last night. And refused to shake hands after the game.

Moore County defended Sante Fe very well last night and that was the difference. They never let White or #20 get going offensively. By the way 20 may be the dirtestplayer I have seen in a long time. She threw elbows, forearms, and even kicked a player last night. And refused to shake hands after the game.

name calling by M.C. why am I not surprised.

HA!!! and moore county has some of the cleanest and most respectful players in tennessee right? hahaha thank you for the good laugh, if you want to play this game others can do it too lynchmob, 10 from MC threw some <b>PUNCHES</b> not just elbows, punches, and how exactly do you throw a forearm may i ask? i really do not believe that that is physically possible to "throw your forearm"..they dont make them too smart up there in moore county do they? 20 might have kicked one of your players but i doubt it was completely intentional,it was more than likely an accident, because i cant see 20 going up and kicking someone like shes doing goalkick..oh and lynchmob, since you think that you can throw your forearm let me explain to you what a goalkick is..in soccer they set the ball on a line and the goalie runs up and kicks it..you do know what a goalie is correct? or do i need to explain that one to you? and you cannot honestly sit there and tell me that you have never gotten angry after a game and didnt shake everyones hands, 20 did shake some hands there was just a couple she didnt want to, and im sure we are all guilty of doing that at one time or another.

I was at the game and the game was not called one-sided. The officials let both teams play physical especially inside. There were fouls committed by both teams that were not called but they did not decide the outcome. Moore County was clearly the better team last night.

As for the coach yes he received a T and was made to sit like every other coach.

okay, let me just say that it actually was worst game i have ever seen in my life. I have played ball in high school and college and I know that many times people say it was the refs and it is just frustration at how they themselves played. However there was no way SF could have won that game in MC. Not only was SF limited by players as they always are and deal with it fine, but they had to put up with comments from the refs to the players. At one point MC actually dribbled out of bounds and nothing was called. #10 from MC has absolutely nothing to smile about. She at one point was actually wrapped around a SF players leg and when the ref turned around he called it on black #10, who was no where around the play. I myself am writing a letter with these 3 refs name to the TSSAA. One ref even started making comments to the SF crowd such as you better shut up or i will start making bad calls. SF had 3 starters foul out. The point spread that MC won by was in free throws. If the playing field had been level it would have been a better game. I am not saying that SF would have won, who knows. But MC can not in any way feel good about the victory. AS far as the comments about #20. I thought she and her team mates did a very good job at congratulating any of the MC team. #10 and #25 were extremely bad sports At one point #10 actually elbowed a SF player in the face and nothing was called. It is very discouraging when you feel there is absolutely nothing you can do to change the outome of the game. SF hold your heads high. This game was filmed and i hope SF sends a copy in to the TSSAA. MC should be ashamed and so should the TSSAA for having such pathetic representatives. If I were SF i would refuse to play at MC in the future