Chuckey Doak Football

tnhsfbman

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tnhsfbman @ Jan 11 2007 - 09:43 AM) 826328194[/snapback]

Does anyone think that Chuckey Doak could have a good year next year?? My understanding is that they return a lot of Sophs that will be Juniors, not many Sr.'s though?? Just wondering with all the talk about WG---also what does SG return?

In my opinion CD does the best job running a program in the county...yes SG almost always has a better team but they also have better athletes....CDs practices are very organized and they use their time wisely...their weight program is good and I understand that they are catching another gear as far as conditioning also....SG is a close 2nd (but they do have the athletes also)...WG and NG are so far out of the picture its not funny...however if WG hires who I think they will he will be doing the same things CD does. CD has the ONLY coaches in the county that have ever even played College Football and they have 2 of those...Coach Murphy even coached College ball...he played at Cumberland College...Griffin at Carson-Newman...so they know how things should be done....maybe with all the returning players coming back to CD they can make a little noise in the years to come....but good luck to all the county teams. Just my thoughts on the matter....

In my opinion CD wont be that good. They did lose their 2 most important players at qb and rb. I think the county championship will be up for grabs next year. SG lost Laws at rb and that was their key. NG only had 2 decent players one is gone and im not sure about the other. WG will be a good question. Only lost 3 people 2 of importantce. Dont know how a new coach will shake things up down here.

QUOTE(tcpioneer3 @ Jan 12 2007 - 11:42 PM) 826330221[/snapback]

In my opinion CD does the best job running a program in the county...yes SG almost always has a better team but they also have better athletes....CDs practices are very organized and they use their time wisely...their weight program is good and I understand that they are catching another gear as far as conditioning also....SG is a close 2nd (but they do have the athletes also)...WG and NG are so far out of the picture its not funny...however if WG hires who I think they will he will be doing the same things CD does. CD has the ONLY coaches in the county that have ever even played College Football and they have 2 of those...Coach Murphy even coached College ball...he played at Cumberland College...Griffin at Carson-Newman...so they know how things should be done....maybe with all the returning players coming back to CD they can make a little noise in the years to come....but good luck to all the county teams. Just my thoughts on the matter....

I think its funny that you can say they do the best job running a program, but they can't win!

QUOTE(tcpioneer3 @ Jan 12 2007 - 11:42 PM) 826330221[/snapback]

On the coaches SG has the only coach that has played professional football what's that do for ya. Not only in the NFL but the former USFL as well as the AFL.

QUOTE(Longhorn_69 @ Jan 17 2007 - 01:24 PM) 826335045[/snapback]

On the coaches SG has the only coach that has played professional football what's that do for ya. Not only in the NFL but the former USFL as well as the AFL.

Doesnt do much for me, however I think he played here or at such and such a level can be overrated----Who are you talking about at SG?---As for the kings comments I think if you read what tc posted he didnt say that CD was physically gifted, just that the coach ran things well, that doesnt always = wins.

QUOTE(Longhorn_69 @ Jan 17 2007 - 01:24 PM) 826335045[/snapback]

The fact is that he played during the strike season...and as far as I know the only other ball he played was semi-pro...and if you know anything about that anybody that can pay for their uniform can play semi-pro ball....and as far as it doing something for me..I like chicks myself but your personal preferance is up to you there Longhorn 69...and you can ask anyone around the area that has any knowledge about the game and I think they will tell you the exact same thingabout CDs program.

QUOTE(tnhsfbman @ Jan 17 2007 - 06:50 PM) 826335401[/snapback]

Doesnt do much for me, however I think he played here or at such and such a level can be overrated----Who are you talking about at SG?---As for the kings comments I think if you read what tc posted he didnt say that CD was physically gifted, just that the coach ran things well, that doesnt always = wins.

90 percent of the time, if things are ran well, wins will translate. It just does something for the attitude if you know what I mean. To say Chuckey Doak is better coached than SG is a little weird when you see how SG dominates the Black Knights every year.

QUOTE(THE KING @ Jan 18 2007 - 06:35 AM) 826335944[/snapback]

90 percent of the time, if things are ran well, wins will translate. It just does something for the attitude if you know what I mean. To say Chuckey Doak is better coached than SG is a little weird when you see how SG dominates the Black Knights every year.

Are you familiar with the chicken salad theory??? I can train and work the hooves off of a plow mule but he will never be able to outrun a race horse.... but that doesnt mean you give up on doing what you know is right ....if thats all you have to work with. SG has been very fortunate over the past 12 or so years to have alot of athletes...and that translates to wins in ALL of the sports. If a school has athletes that play everything they normally win in all the sports .

Yes. I do agree with you. You've got to have the athletes, and I forgot about coach Ricker not being there anymore. I can't see anyone from Chuckey Doak running a team better than he did at South Greene. Most of the time they only had one or two athletes and he is the only coach to set up a defense that stopped Mark Byrd from Cloudland. Chuckey Doak has always been soft on the defensive front. Evidently the coaches can't teach aggression and not being pushed around to these boys. When a team doesn't know how to block and tackle, it all goes back to the coaching.