How Does St. Bendidict beat Briarcreat? Ever?

ab123

QUOTE(bhscoach @ Jan 22 2007 - 10:20 PM) 826341846[/snapback]

I like reading this post here. If you were a coach and someone donated money to the program but your son was bad then does that give him the right to play?? It sounds like to me parents are trying to buy their kids playing time. Now I played for Coach Harrington when he was an assistant under Hubie Smith at Bartlett. I will tell you this. In practice I wanted to be on Harringtons team. I loved the way he coached and he was so much more intense than Smith was. I'll also put this out. Look at his team....Talent????? YES.... Experience?????? NO......I don't care who you are unless your name is Kobe, Lebron or Kevin, If you are coaching young Sophmores and Juniors you are going to take a few bumps and the last time i checked Briarcrest is 22-4.. Big deal that they lost to St. Benedict. You ever seen Top College teams lose to a Butler or SIU or someone like that???? If I also recall Briarcrest did make it to the State Championship game under Harrington as well. From what I can tell ya'll have nothing to complain about...Wow the lost the someone they should have beat but guess what it happens no matter what level you play on. As for kids getting playing time because their parents paid for it.....Give me a break, If they would go to public or city school they wouldn't even be on the team...Just be glad they are getting to dress out.

Great post

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

briarcrest is 22-4 now after beating ecs tonite..

there is no way you can say that coach harrington's style holds these players back. he has taken advantage of all the coach's advice he has been given by recruiters. he runs the same offense that the memphis tigers, denver nuggets, and pepperdine run. its an up and down offense with lots of dribble penetration by the athletes, and it leaves shooters wide open. its a great offense. i know all this cuz im on the team, im in practice everyday, i see what goes on behind the scenes. no parents of the other kids pay for playing time. the players that dont see alot of time on the court arent jealous of them at all. we all know what we get to see everyday and that is 3, now 4 players, that are gonna play college ball. leslie mcdonald has the potential to become an all american someday. there is no seperation on the team at all.

QUOTE(bhscoach @ Jan 22 2007 - 10:20 PM) 826341846[/snapback]

I like reading this post here. If you were a coach and someone donated money to the program but your son was bad then does that give him the right to play?? It sounds like to me parents are trying to buy their kids playing time. Now I played for Coach Harrington when he was an assistant under Hubie Smith at Bartlett. I will tell you this. In practice I wanted to be on Harringtons team. I loved the way he coached and he was so much more intense than Smith was. I'll also put this out. Look at his team....Talent????? YES.... Experience?????? NO......I don't care who you are unless your name is Kobe, Lebron or Kevin, If you are coaching young Sophmores and Juniors you are going to take a few bumps and the last time i checked Briarcrest is 22-4.. Big deal that they lost to St. Benedict. You ever seen Top College teams lose to a Butler or SIU or someone like that???? If I also recall Briarcrest did make it to the State Championship game under Harrington as well. From what I can tell ya'll have nothing to complain about...Wow the lost the someone they should have beat but guess what it happens no matter what level you play on. As for kids getting playing time because their parents paid for it.....Give me a break, If they would go to public or city school they wouldn't even be on the team...Just be glad they are getting to dress out.

great post, you know exactly how coach harrington is, he hasnt held any of his players back at all, if you look at last seasons team when gregg wooten and leslie mcdonald were freshman and elgin lee was a sophomore, they have improved so much. mcdonald has become such a better overall player, like his midrange game, and elgin lee has improved more than anyone on the team, before he was a pure one on one player who took crazy shots, now he uses his one on one moves to get by defenders and draw other defenders his way and passes the ball. tonite against ecs, he had 3 sportscenter quality no look passes.

leslie mcdonald... 2005-06 ppg.. 11 2006-07 ppg.. 22

gregg wooten... 2005-06 ppg.. 5 2006-07 ppg.. 11

elgin lee... 2005-06 ppg.. 14 2006-07 ppg... 19

they play the system pretty well....