Father Ryan vs. Brentwood Academy

Philippians 4_13

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gtjackets @ Jan 18 2007 - 07:48 PM) 826336905[/snapback]

I don't know for sure, but it might have something to do with the events at the Ryan tourney. The BA 171 looked young (taller than Bateman and baby faced) and Bateman was pretty tough on him. He could not seem to turn him and he underhooked and slammed his face down on the mat a few times. Pulled his arm past 45 a few times and was penalized for it. The kid was never pinned but I heard he was injured. The coach probably did not want to put another youngster out ther to get beat up. Bateman is a great wrestler but probably used his talents in a bad way in that match. My opinion of course. I have no idea about Marchetti.

I think the 130 issue was injury. I also suspect that Gtjackets is correct about the 171 spot. I think BA's 171 was roughed up at the Ryan tournament and on a team that is dealing with a lot of injuries (as most all teams are at this point in the year), the coach decided not to risk it.

Contrary to what some have indicated, it sounds like it was a pretty good dual with some close matches. The better team obviously won, but BA has made some pretty good strides in a year or two.