Privates Recruiting? Tennessean Article on David Lipscomb Women's

Morton

QUOTE(Antwan @ Mar 9 2007 - 08:33 PM) 826406734[/snapback]The Memphis situation with zones is ridiculous. I think all public schools should be zoned. In time...they probably will be.

Actually Antwan it`s just the opposite. It`s something the TSSAA has no control over unless they decide to make new rules. You`ll see more and more magnet/open zone schools in the future. JCM has recently been mentioned becoming a magnet school of some sort. Of course when these school systems designate magnet schools it is not sports but with academics in mind. One of the side effects is the gaining some advantages in sports. Liberty will probably have no less than 4 or 5 starters from the JCM zone this year in baseball. I can tell you for a fact that it really benefits Liberty and has really hurt the JCM program.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Mar 9 2007 - 09:57 PM) 826406880[/snapback]Actually Antwan it`s just the opposite. It`s something the TSSAA has no control over unless they decide to make new rules. You`ll see more and more magnet/open zone schools in the future. JCM has recently been mentioned becoming a magnet school of some sort. Of course when these school systems designate magnet schools it is not sports but with academics in mind. One of the side effects is the gaining some advantages in sports. Liberty will probably have no less than 4 or 5 starters from the JCM zone this year in baseball. I can tell you for a fact that it really benefits Liberty and has really hurt the JCM program.

I think you are wrong about that. What state was it that just put a multiplier on private and open zone public schools?

Was it Illinois? I would have to go back and look. If that were to happen...you can bet a lot of schools would close

their open zones to avoid a multiplier...especially small schools.

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Mar 9 2007 - 08:08 AM) 826405926[/snapback]LOL /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You seriously don`t get it do you? Once again...that was a sarcastic example. I have no proof that folks from Mt.Pleasant are crackheads, just as you have no proof that private schools recruit.

DISCLAIMER: VG does not actually think folks from Mt. Pleasant are crackheads

Im sorry, I was just raised wether in a joking manner or not, if you didnt have something nice to say to someone personaly, you didnt say anything at all. I just find it ironic that when other people do not agree with someone statement the name calling isnt far behind, and when they are called on it, "ohh it was just in fun". I used that in the third grade myself.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 10 2007 - 07:51 AM) 826407106[/snapback]Im sorry, I was just raised wether in a joking manner or not, if you didnt have something nice to say to someone personaly, you didnt say anything at all. I just find it ironic that when other people do not agree with someone statement the name calling isnt far behind, and when they are called on it, "ohh it was just in fun". I used that in the third grade myself.

Last time I`m commenting on it MPHS. It was a sarcastic example to your stance of saying that private schools recruit when you have no proof. Move on now.

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Mar 10 2007 - 11:09 AM) 826407206[/snapback]Last time I`m commenting on it MPHS. It was a sarcastic example to your stance of saying that private schools recruit when you have no proof. Move on now.

I know sarcasim is such a fine example for young kids. We should all do it. Again why is it with some of these private posters that if a public poster disagrees with ya, the name calling follows real close behind? Just curious.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 16 2007 - 07:37 AM) 826413948[/snapback]I know sarcasim is such a fine example for young kids. We should all do it. Again why is it with some of these private posters that if a public poster disagrees with ya, the name calling follows real close behind? Just curious.

I got news for you MPHS, I`m a public poster and I disagree with you. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Mar 16 2007 - 06:57 PM) 826414542[/snapback]I got news for you MPHS, I`m a public poster and I disagree with you. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Nah...you are not a public poster. You are on the private side every time. You went to USJ. Don't mislead.

Great. Temple had to go and win the 1A state basketball championship. Now we will have to hear about it for a full year. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Seriously, congrats Temple!

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Mar 17 2007 - 10:42 AM) 826415259[/snapback]Excuse me Antwan...I support a public school.

You support one (possibly two counting Liberty) public(s) school and all private schools. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Anyone can go read your posts...my friend.

Don't mislead. You are on the private side of the argument. I am on the public side.

QUOTE(Antwan @ Mar 18 2007 - 09:14 AM) 826416144[/snapback]You support one (possibly two counting Liberty) public(s) school and all private schools. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Anyone can go read your posts...my friend.

Don't mislead. You are on the private side of the argument. I am on the public side.

No Antwan...I support JCM. Yeah go look at my posts. I disagree with you on the public/private issue. Don`t mislead. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Oh and how on earth can you surmise I support Liberty?? Again go read my posts.

I do support Madison as well because my daughter goes there and plays soccer.

Just wanting to clarify things for you as well as MPHS.