Liberty vs the Rest of the State

Icy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jndfan @ Jan 21 2007 - 12:54 AM) 826339637[/snapback]

Yeah, I think Liberty will overwhelm BA. They haven't seen a team this good with this style of play.

Um, I think these kids have seen Liberty's style of play - this is the same team, minus Wright and Bone, that won the Arby's and City of Palms last year - my point is all these kids have played against these style teams and practiced against the freshman of the year in the ACC for a few years. They also just beat the #2 AAA team - Whites Creek which has a very similar style of play. So, please keep saying they'll get blown out, the eagles thrive in this kind of situation.

QUOTE(matt86 @ Jan 21 2007 - 08:47 AM) 826339727[/snapback]

Um, I think these kids have seen Liberty's style of play - this is the same team, minus Wright and Bone, that won the Arby's and City of Palms last year - my point is all these kids have played against these style teams and practiced against the freshman of the year in the ACC for a few years. They also just beat the #2 AAA team - Whites Creek which has a very similar style of play. So, please keep saying they'll get blown out, the eagles thrive in this kind of situation.

You can't compare Whites Creek to Liberty. Bolivar only lost to BA by 5 or 6pts. Liberty blasted Bolivar. Liberty is going to destroy BA at home.

QUOTE(Icy @ Jan 21 2007 - 09:14 AM) 826339747[/snapback]

You can't compare Whites Creek to Liberty. Bolivar only lost to BA by 5 or 6pts. Liberty blasted Bolivar. Liberty is going to destroy BA at home.

So we're going to play the game of they played so and so and barely won, and we beat so and so by 30 so we'll automatically win. That's always a solid form of rhetoric. Why are even playing the game, it's obvious to everyone that Liberty is unbeatable, flawless, and has no weaknesses, they can't be beat, it's futile. Liberty is the God's gift to Tennessee basketball.

There's a reason why the games are played.

QUOTE(matt86 @ Jan 21 2007 - 12:10 PM) 826339852[/snapback]

So we're going to play the game of they played so and so and barely won, and we beat so and so by 30 so we'll automatically win. That's always a solid form of rhetoric. Why are even playing the game, it's obvious to everyone that Liberty is unbeatable, flawless, and has no weaknesses, they can't be beat, it's futile. Liberty is the God's gift to Tennessee basketball.

There's a reason why the games are played.

First of all use proper grammar Matt86, I don't understand anything in that paragraph. And the answer to your question yes Liberty is God's gift to basketball in Tn. Take a english course before you post on Coach T.

QUOTE(nebuntyn @ Jan 21 2007 - 12:27 PM) 826339875[/snapback]

First of all use proper grammar Matt86, I don't understand anything in that paragraph. And the answer to your question yes Liberty is God's gift to basketball in Tn. Take a english course before you post on Coach T.

Sorry I left one "we" out, last I checked I didn't think Coach T was being checked by such astute grammar scholars as yourself. If that's the only reply you have, I think I rest my case. While Liberty is a great team, I don't think that having one and half pretty good seasons counts them as Tennessee's greatest team, maybe West Tennessee's (not including Memphis).

Liberty fans have every reason to be confident about their team being maybe the best in the state--except for that loss to Raleigh Egypt to open the season, (which conveniently does not count against their record: "hall of fame game") they are undefeated. They really are stacked too-- athletic and talented. Nobody gave BA a chance against Whites Creek, and no one will give them a chance against Liberty. But we do play the games for a reason. Liberty will have difficulty matching up with BA inside, but will present problems for BA as well. It won't be a walk in the park for Liberty.

Liberty fans have every reason to be confident about their team being maybe the best in the state--except for that loss to Raleigh Egypt to open the season, (which conveniently does not count against their record: "hall of fame game") they are undefeated. They really are stacked too-- athletic and talented. Nobody gave BA a chance against Whites Creek, and no one will give them a chance against Liberty. But we do play the games for a reason. Liberty will have difficulty matching up with BA inside, but will present problems for BA as well. It won't be a walk in the park for Liberty.

QUOTE(nebuntyn @ Jan 21 2007 - 12:27 PM) 826339875[/snapback]

I think you meant to say:

"First of all, use proper grammar, Matt86. I don't understand anything in that paragraph. To answer your question, yes , Liberty is God's gift to basketball in Tennessee. Take an English course before you post on Coach T. "

QUOTE(mfalc04 @ Jan 21 2007 - 03:46 PM) 826340043[/snapback]

good luck...will be a good one